Scope Needs The " All In One " Completion

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Scope Needs The " All In One " Completion

Post by dawman »

This application has all of the ingredients to be an all in one application. I really long for that.

I would love to unchain myself from these VSTi's and GVI's, Cubase's, and Gigastudio's. That would be so nice.

I have wasted 2 weeks time getting various hosts to work well with the combinations of instruments inside of Scope to play nicely. Emails tag games w/ developers aroiund the globe. Each placing the blame on someone else's application, blah, blah blah.

I was sucessfull in my endeavors to have a recording set up w/ Cubase 4 hosting VSTi's, Gigastudio 4 as a host, Bidule, and Forte. Finally after getting everything to work for each different project I find out that pressing the zone button on my controller to bring in the instruments on that particular channel mutes the other VSTi's and they have to be reloaded. So then using the MIDI CC Filters of the various hosts will work on one VSTi, but not the other. :x This is living proof that these apps were meant to be used for recording rather than a giant live project. It seems as though anyone can become a VSTi developer these days. I really dig deeply into these applications, and their sounds while being fine, I find their real world usage totally unacceptable. One work around negates the sucess of another VSTi or GVI installed. I do not have time to make these apps play nicely, but my option is to convert their sample sets to Gigastudio 4 where I can make custom instruments................more wasted time.

I look forward to the day when Scope can help me get rid of this garbage can I have amassed, and have a sampler that will load the requirred sample sets. A step sequencer that will sync w/ VDAT so I can remove these overbloated VST apps once and for all. Yes I know they work, but not as well as many think. For recording one track of this and that, sure, no problem. But I want to access these live from a single project w/o all of this supposed " compatability " which is a contradiction in terms.

We are so close to having XITE-1 and Scope 5.0 as the all in one app it advertised years back. Let's hope this comes true with further developements in the future. As I refuse to waste more valuable time fixing some developers overlooked compatability issues. Duplicate ID's and dll's that share too many similar traits,...I do not care. VST claims to be the almighty, then why are developers all using their own engines these days? Like Aria for Garritan, VSL, etc. This is turning into a giant goat fuck, and I look forward to SC elimainating this nightmare in the future.

Sorry, I am through venting. I do have everything working now, but cannot send MIDI CC's to any VSTi's as I have filtered ALL CC's from enetering these incomplete applications.

Thankfully Scope will accept my mappings and CC's and I can mix everything from the FP106C, and other " COMPLETELY " working products. FUCK VSTI's.

On another happier note,....................they do sound really well in my current project. I will eventually just convert them all to Gigastudio, but would really love to convert them all to STS, as ESC does so eloquently and with ease and great stability.

STS in 64bit....................YAAY-ESSS !!! :D
Neutron

Re: Scope Needs The " All In One " Completion

Post by Neutron »

Sounds like a nightmare. especially for live work.
I would just go without all the VSTi toys except a couple you really like and can trust. I am sure you can figure out how to live without them!

Sure, the Vsti should work better together, but its not likely to happen as long as everyone thinks that theirs is the best way. and the little monsters are fighting over your resources while you are trying to work.

maybe for essential vsti sounds from unreliable vstis you will be able to streamline the recording process.

something like make a sequence that plays the range of notes and velocities you need, and another track which presses the record and stop button automatically, with a batch script could take all of those samples and make them in to the right layers. surely someone has done something like that already?

I doubt those guys who make sample CDs of famous synths go through manually recording each note seperately!
capacitor

Post by capacitor »

This probably isn't completely helpful (EXS24 format?): http://www.redmatica.com/Redmatica/AutoSampler.html
The first action people should take is to remove cash from Banrural, and break the banks of corrupt people. #escandalogt
dawman

Post by dawman »

Well Gigastudio is dead, :cry:

It has become a legacy product, so STS can actually jump in and rescue me.

Thanks God for those excellent converters. I can convert tons of stuff back now to another application.

I will still sue GVI under Bidule no matter what, but I bg SonicCore to fill the void, as VST will surely go next, and we will see nothing but the old days of proprietary crap. ARRGGHHH Maties. :cry:

The 5 guys who were making this great product have my admiration and respect. If Tascam wouldn't have dropped the ball back when K2 and Halion came out with DFD streaming, they would be much further along.

Holger please make STS the new ultimate warrior.................I'm begging. :(
capacitor

Post by capacitor »

Being an extremely fresh newbie to STS, what does it need to rule?
The first action people should take is to remove cash from Banrural, and break the banks of corrupt people. #escandalogt
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

capacitor wrote:Being an extremely fresh newbie to STS, what does it need to rule?
less of a "try and emulate a hardware sampler" interface, and more of something bigger and easier to program for a start.
direct playing of lots of formats.
play back samples like vdat plays "tracks"

plus many more, i havent used it for ages its such a hassle.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Funny thing is that Creamware's STS format has outlasted all of them. It is inckuded in every conversion application out there. So I could easily convert Giga to STS but as of now it has such pitiful RAM limitations.

They could use a streamer and allow more RAM and that would be a great start. Hell I was just getting excited about GS4 too. I feel sorry for Wavelore right now. He spent a year making the Pedal Steel Guitar and just had it sent back from mastering, so Tascam basically cut his nuts off. They could have waited to announce it after he made some of his hard work pay a little.

I will still purchase it as it is a masterpiece. Simply one of the best instruments I ever heard.

I will keep using what I have as it will not quit working, and I have years and years of libraries collected so I am going to ride it out and convert to some other form when the time comes.

Remember.................. when one door closes, another one opens.

For those who are quacking about Scope being old and complaing about the new direction they are taking, look what Tascam just did to thousands of loyal customers.

That's just more proof for me that my newest investment is sound.
capacitor

Post by capacitor »

Jimmy,

Maybe there's hope (fwiw I've just posted my .02 over there)

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/cou ... rce-166544

http://www.opengigastudio.com/

cap
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

forgot about this. it does what i described earlier.

e-mu product made by teh eval creative! then you probably have to convert from its format to something your sample player can read, but i think there are plenty of converters available.
Attachments
synthswipe.jpg
synthswipe.jpg (100.61 KiB) Viewed 914 times