User Experience of Asus a7m266 wanted please post here.

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

remixme

Post by remixme »

Hi thinking about buying an asus athlon board. Any experience about number of mv that can be run, tracks stability. Much appreciated.
eliam

Post by eliam »

Aaaarrrghhh!!! Stop before it's too late!!!!! I heard that some people had it working well but not me!!! I had displeasing clicks from the very first moment I used it to the last when, having tried everything I could figure or that was suggested by top DAW geeks, I changed it for a P4T-e. I won't complain, because this 6 months battle against the evil clicks was a useful crash-course from which I emerged way more equiped for the PC-daw jungle than I previously was!!!

My point of view: GO WITH INTEL NOW, even if it costs a little more, for reliability is the very least quality that musicians need to pursue their activities without diverging in this abstract PC black hole!
topaz

Post by topaz »

sorry to disagree with the other user but
A7M266 works fantastic, see this thread
http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... orum=19&29

but it,s all about setup o/s etc..I could not get this config to work in 98se or ME
only XP and only after correct setup.

read the thread and make your own mind up.
On 2002-03-28 09:31, remixme wrote:
Hi thinking about buying an asus athlon board. Any experience about number of mv that can be run, tracks stability. Much appreciated.
eliam

Post by eliam »

For some it's working fine, for me, even with XP, with all the kindly help from Subhuman to configure, tweak and optimize, still PLENTY of clicks while using my STS, even without pushing the polyphony. But this just me...