installing 4.0 over 3.1?

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

betman

installing 4.0 over 3.1?

Post by betman »

Hi,, I have many projects ,,devices etc. My Question is can I install to the C:/SFP directory that I already have 3.1??? will it erase my old info?? I had tried to rename the directory "SFP1" but realized the "mix and master" I purchased will only let me pick the "SFP" directory..
Thanks for reading
B
garyb

Post by garyb »

if you want to be really careful, you can make a copy of your sfp(or scope) folder and put it on the desktop. that way, if something goes wrong, you can start over. if you have personal data that could be lost, like projects or extra devices, the crucial folders are devices, presets, projects, app/dsp and app/vxd. hopefully, i didn't miss anything. :wink: the keyfile is in app/bin and it's called scope.rgy.

go for it. install it over the old install.
betman

Post by betman »

garyb wrote:if you want to be really careful, you can make a copy of your sfp(or scope) folder and put it on the desktop. that way, if something goes wrong, you can start over. if you have personal data that could be lost, like projects or extra devices, the crucial folders are devices, presets, projects, app/dsp and app/vxd. hopefully, i didn't miss anything. :wink: the keyfile is in app/bin and it's called scope.rgy.

Cool,,,it's been awhile and I wanted to make sure,,,I will put a copy on another drive just in case though.
Thanks!!
;-}
betman

Post by betman »

garyb wrote:if you want to be really careful, you can make a copy of your sfp(or scope) folder and put it on the desktop. that way, if something goes wrong, you can start over. if you have personal data that could be lost, like projects or extra devices, the crucial folders are devices, presets, projects, app/dsp and app/vxd. hopefully, i didn't miss anything. :wink: the keyfile is in app/bin and it's called scope.rgy.

ok ,,,I went for it and for some reason it installs great!!! but then it brings up 3.1 instead of 4.0? any ideas??
thanks
B
garyb

Post by garyb »

how can you tell it's 3.1?

do you now have 2 scope folders?
betman

Post by betman »

betman wrote:

ok ,,,I went for it and for some reason it installs great!!! but then it brings up 3.1 instead of 4.0? any ideas??
thanks
B
...well I uninstalled 3.1 but forgot tripledat was installed in the directory there as well,,so really bummed,,I should have remembered,,,anyway I have to reinstall that as well,,,,anyone know the most recent file ,,,looks like even though I saved my projects some recent ones are gone,,,looks like a long night ahead.
betman

Post by betman »

garyb wrote:how can you tell it's 3.1?

do you now have 2 scope folders?
Thanks Gary,,,lol I got it,,,didn't have two but just reintalled and I even got the projects and my triple back in shape,,,good thing I save everything to my other hard drives lol,,thanks again~~~!!!!!!!!!!
B
garyb

Post by garyb »

:)