Sonic Core announces Scope 5!

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

braincell

Post by braincell »

but nobody else in this group had the same problem.

Yes I like them now but previously they were bullsh*t. I could not get beyond 60% DSP load. I had 11 DSP chips. Now I have 9 I think and it works well.

I never said I didn't like them now to the person (I'll refrain from calling him what I want to) who just quoted me.
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

garyb wrote:hey, even a ferrari has limits. the first cards were farraris when they came out, but they were more like toyotas by the time the new type2 cards arrived. those type1 cards certainly worked though, i still use two of them. just like the toyota, if you don't try to make them do what they can't, you won't crash....
Considering all the French software I run my cards would probably be considered Citroens.

Which is understandable with the swift Citroen C4's being World Rally CHAMPS!!!

Go Sebastian.....

ns
Last edited by nightscope on Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
braincell

Post by braincell »

Now I know why global warming is a problem... sheesh.
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

braincell wrote:Now I know why global warming is a problem... sheesh.
Citroen C4 is one of the greenest cars in it's class on the market, brain.

ns
Last edited by nightscope on Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garyb

Post by garyb »

cars don't cause global warming and it was only a metaphor(errr, simile). :lol:
braincell

Post by braincell »

Actually fumes are good for the environment so put your mouth on the tail pipe of a big SUV and breath in deep. It's quite healthy. Forget everything scientists tell us. Gary knows better. He has obscure conspiracy sites to prove us wrong.
garyb

Post by garyb »

wow, you ARE emotional the last few days! did i punch you in the nose or break your rattle? what does any of that spew have to do with
A. global warming
B. Scope 5

?

here's what a SCIENTIST(Howard C. Hayden, emeritus professor of physics from the University of Connecticut) said:

about the fact that $700,000 a month is being spent for bilboards threatining global warming in NYC-
"Someone is willing to spend a huge amount of money to scare us about global warming. Big money is behind the global-warming propaganda."

about the fact that global warming has been happening around the solar system-
"Yes, the polar ice caps are shrinking . . . on Mars. On Mars, the ice caps are melting and small hills are disappearing,"

about the fact that human activity is responsible for just 3 per cent of carbon-dioxide emissions on earth, and that carbon levels in the atmosphere have been rising and falling for 400,000 years-
"We are at the lowest levels in the last 300,000 years. During the Jurassic period, we had very high levels of carbon dioxide."

"About 97 percent of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere comes from natural sources, not humans."

i didn't say this, a SCIENTIST said it. if this threatens you, you need to check your self. these things are undeniably true, the meaning of it is up to you. i can make up my own mind.

the MAIN thing is, IT WAS A JOKE! in fun! this thread is about Scope 5 coming out any minute, and the fact that you aren't happy you never got v4.5(even though you were able to use it for free), because now you'll likely need to pay for v5. be glad you never bought ProTools HD, because after spending 40,000, you'll NEVER get a free update, only the basic bugfixes that are put out between versions.. regardless, the thread is not about braincell and what and who he doesn't like.

chill out, we like it here, remember?
Last edited by garyb on Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
braincell

Post by braincell »

Gary I am sorry but scientists have been measuring carbon dioxide in the atmosphere for the past 30 years and it is going way up. There are chemical markers on carbon dioxide which is derived from fossil fuels. The evidence is in. Greenhouse gases are rising to dangerous levels and we are to blame for it. Having said that, planes are a bigger threat than cars and nobody is talking about making green planes. That aint gonna happen nor are we going to prevent people from flying so the way I see it we are all doomed.
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

braincell wrote:we are all doomed.
:(

ns
garyb

Post by garyb »

braincell wrote:Gary I am sorry but scientists ........
i quoted a REAL scientist. he won't do?
braincell

Post by braincell »

No Gary, he won't do since most disagree with him. Like I said, the evidence is in.
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

sigh... i wonder if some has a genuine goal of getting all threads on this forum as off topic as possible.

Pollution takes many forms.

/ignore ON
garyb

Post by garyb »

braincell, when Copernicus said that the Earth orbited the Sun and the "real" scientists said it was the other way around, was the consensus correct?

when it was decided in courts that Africans weren't human and the consensus agreed, was that correct?

add to this, that it is NOT the consensus of scientists(what the news has been saying about warming). actually, there are as many opposing the idea of human caused warming as for it. i guess we'll just ignore that the rest of the solar system is warming at the same rate. actually, the sun's hyperactivity of late seems to have stopped. coincidentally, China, the Midwest USA and the Middle East have all had extra cold winters....there is no such thing as stable climate and pouring millions of tons of chromium and other metals and old nerve gas into the ocean is a much bigger ecological disaster. we can move inland, but we can't live with a dead ocean. (not well anyway) don't play the ecology guy card with me, my car is clean running(it makes the plants grow, although it's still dirty in other ways) and my home and studio is solar powered, which is likely as much or more than you've actually DONE to consume less.

but this isn't the place for this debate, so i'm going to try and drop it here. the important thing is that S/C is doing it's job and has begun to update the platform, so that we can continue to use the product! HOORAY!!!! :)

also, it's been duly noted that you want to spend less money.
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

braincell wrote:Having said that, planes are a bigger threat than cars and nobody is talking about making green planes.
they are not talking, yes. they do it. not only richard branson is testing 747 with bio fuel (BTL) instead of kerosene. airbus already did before him, testing an alternative fuel (GTL) successfully. that's still far from being widely used, but it's a start.

it doesn't have, of course, anything to do with scope 5.
would you be so kind to open a thread in the OT forum, if you want to discuss it?

-greetings, markus-
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
moxi

Post by moxi »

it's not OT! you all miss the fact that we just need to add two wings to the Xcite then we can fly to Pluto to make our music in a more clean atmosphere..
braincell

Post by braincell »

Branson is just doing PR. Only one of the six engines was running off biofuel and besides haven't you heard the news? Biofuel is causing the price of corn to go way up and in turn this will cause farmers in poor countries to burn forests in order to grow more corn. The carbon released when a forest is burned is so great that it would take 145 years of using biofuel from that land to equal the amount released initially. We can't wait 145 years to clean the air.
katano

Post by katano »

hellooooooo!!!! what's going on, please go to the off-topic forum. everytime is see a new post in announcement i think there's some news, but it isn't. thanks...
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

braincell wrote:Branson is just doing PR. Only one of the six engines was running off biofuel and besides haven't you heard the news? Biofuel is causing the price of corn to go way up and in turn this will cause farmers in poor countries to burn forests in order to grow more corn. The carbon released when a forest is burned is so great that it would take 145 years of using biofuel from that land to equal the amount released initially.
1) as I said: they just started. yes, of course both flights did not entirely rely on biofuel. that doesn't come unecpected for a test scenario, does it?

2) there will be always a downside, unless you come up with an idea that has none. what's your suggestion, then?
and be realistic. walking around with big ads on your front and back that tell the people not to use airplanes might look heroic, but I don't expect much change from it.

-greetings, markus-

ps. and now I will refrain now from being OT, unless you can prove the release of scope5 to cause global warming. discuss it elsewhere.
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

please go to the off topic thread!!
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

braincell wrote: I can promise this is the last thing I will ever buy from them.
Then why are you even debating Scope 5 and Xite?