Yamaha TX816 Ideas

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Yamaha TX816 Ideas

Post by dawman »

I was hoping to incorporate my Yanaha TX816 into Modular.

Any suggestions or links to patches that might be of interest?

I have put my real analog into Modular w/ Pro One and got some interesting stuff. But this synth hasn't been used in years, and I really miss those super thick FM E.Pianos. It's for recording only as it is too big to lug around just for the basses and EP's.
Lima

Post by Lima »

Well seems it will be a huge device! :o
I can suggest to use a third part module (sorry I don't remember the name atm) that can do the routing of the operators in the same way of the DX synths. Check it out!
Welcome to the dawning of a new empire
dawman

Post by dawman »

Do you know what it's called?

I need an 8 x 8 Modular shell type of device. I have searched under FM, etc.

I have faith in the forum. :wink:
Lima

Post by Lima »

dawman

Post by dawman »

Brotha' Man Lima,

You are a gentlemen and a scholar.

I never remembered what is was called. Any thread w/ fra77x, and at0m has to be seriously " Modular " in concept.

I am going to have a great Scope week. I am becoming more interested in production and recording more and more everyday. My son's interest has seemed to trickle upwards.

Most of my patches from those days back in the late '80's were made by a small group of TX users from the Bay Area. Radio Jocks and engineers. I use to drive to San Francisco on my day off just to learn and trade.

This newest quest has really got me juiced up about FM programming again. Between the TX, DXRouter, and NI's FM8, this will add to my arsenal. My analog emulation quests have been satisfied after 2 years of trial and error. I only await Solaris Vrs. 5.0 and it's long awaited separate Oscillator glides for that type of synthesis to be complete. Modular and FM sound so promising.

I still think that real hardware and virtual combined is the ultimate combination.The best of both worlds.

:D

Thanks So Much Lima.

Slightly Off Topic........posting in the right threads is relevant as this search demonstrated. :wink:
hubird

Post by hubird »

Lima

Post by Lima »

hem... The first person to thank should be Fra77x wich provided that beautiful module... ;-)
Anyway it's really a pleasure to help so enthusiastic and competent people like you Jimmi :-D

Good luck with your FM quest and don't forget to post something in the modular patch area when you'll be successful!

Scope Rocks!
dawman

Post by dawman »

Well already I can see where this is going to go.

I never had a TX816 EPiano preset that I could modulate, thicken or tweak live.

I just started looking at this as I was having more fun just sending 8 mono outputs into SpaceF's FAT BASTARD 5 mixer and creating a really unique Rhodes panning emulation w/ the 3 LFO device, Comp Sat, and those luscious little mono effects of his.

This is the best EPiano I have now. If I ever take a tour date again this will be racked up in a heartbeat, but right now I am going to make the best sounding FM EPiano sound in the history of FM thanks to Scope Modular. :wink:
spacef

Post by spacef »

I think there used to be a graphical editor on old macintosh (or was it atari?). I used it once a few years ago, before the guy sold it... If you don't have it, it might be worth searching (but well you need a vintage computer to make it work).

edit: it was on atari (1040), and it could be this one
http://www.oldcrows.net/~patchell/tx816/tx816.html
The "Atari mega 4" referenced on the site is probably the 1040 Mega4 (with 4 mb of ram) ie one of the most powerful 1040 before the falcon (i heard of a mega8 though). I sold mine own m4 only 2 years ago.