BassDrum

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

sherlock

BassDrum

Post by sherlock »

Grüezi,

here is the result of my first trip into the world of modular III. As you might guess when looking on the remote, I tried to create something in the direction of the Jomox XBase 09.

Now I would be very thankful for any hints how to make it sound better. Especially how to make the pure sine more punchy without creating too much "click" by reducing the attack time of the accordant env.

Thx in advance!
Attachments
BassDrum.zip
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 235 times
Last edited by sherlock on Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
widy

Post by widy »

hi

cool for the first try ... nice sound so fare
1)u should change modules to single mode
saves dsp power :) ..and the drum module wont work in poly mode because of the limiter ( is only singe mode ) if you want poly mode and use the limiter than use a Poly Out Module in between of LP-1 and the limiter
(right click on a module to switch single and poly mode for cw modules green is singel and gray is poly mode ..flexor uses silver and blue )
2)u can try a AD Env witch controls a filter freq. and use the same AD R Env signal but inverted to control the Res. use a mixer to shift the signal in the range of 0 to 1 ..see pic
Attachments
filter mod.JPG
filter mod.JPG (21.73 KiB) Viewed 1949 times
lg widy
sherlock

Post by sherlock »

hi!

thanks for your reply.

I switched all modules to single mode and spend a lot of time trying to remove the click of the sine part without loosing its punchy character using the method you described in your post. but had no success. so I desided to use a static LP and I think the result is not so bad at all...