how many sound cards you got insight your computer ?

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

Vil

Post by Vil »

Hi ,
I am just curiuos how many sound cards you got insight your computer ? I got 8 of them :smile: Sure all of them are working at once ... You can say how its possible , so lets count :
1. SW1000XG
2. PLG150AN (daughter board )
3. Dakota
4. SB Live (with APS drivers )
5. Yamaha DB50 XG (daughter board)
6. Korg Oasys
7. Luna
8. and my beloved ScopeI SP/DP
I also tried to enable integrated (on motheboard) sound chip , but it makes my system unstable ...
Anyone with 9 cards :smile: ?

Vil
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

how did you find a computer with so many PCI slots?

what IRQs do they all use?
RedSun

Post by RedSun »

Just do the math! There is only 6 PCI cards there. Two of the 8 cards are specified as dautherboards.

Motherboards with 6 PCI slots are getting pretty common now. If you want more than that, you'll probably have to look at server boards. Even then, the extra PCI slots you'll get on those are probably going to be 64bit. I don't know how many audio cards will work in those...

RedSun .:.
Vil

Post by Vil »

if someone wants , I can post jpg's with configuration screen shots .How to post images into this forum ? or any other options for that ?
RedSun

Post by RedSun »

Go ahead Vil! I'd like to take a look at your setup.

Since you can insert HTML in your message, you could put your .jpg somewhere and link to it.

Vil

Post by Vil »

Ok guys . Here we go .

this one shows all cards in action ,Cubase is playing (midi + audio) , 5 masterverbs , saturn and asio is used on Creamware platform :
http://www.angelfire.com/80s/vil/images/cool0.gif

and there is my setup :
http://www.angelfire.com/80s/vil/images/cool1.gif
http://www.angelfire.com/80s/vil/images/cool2.gif
RedSun

Post by RedSun »

You know, putting all those cards on display would a pretty good reason to do a wicked case mod. :wink:

Rob van Berkel

Post by Rob van Berkel »

My disks make rhythmic noises, my fan whistles and my psu is humming... do these devices count as well?
Well, then I have 9 devices:

FDD, HDD1, HDD2, CPU-FAN, CHASSIS-FAN, SW1000-XG, Plg150-AN, Pulsar2, Pulsar XTC

Anyone with 10??

Rob
RedSun

Post by RedSun »

Off course they can count!

Just take a look at what this guy did: <a href="http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~hsakr/hdspea ... ers.htm</a>

:lol:

kimgr

Post by kimgr »

In a "mine is bigger than yours" thread like this, I would rather count DSP-chips than cards :smile:
I've got 2 Scopecards, a Luna, a Korg Oasys, d24, MixFarm, and DSP-farm.
That's 33 Sharc's and 16 Motorola's !!!
Beat that ?

Kim.
Rob van Berkel

Post by Rob van Berkel »

Redsun, I had exactly that link in mind about the hdspeakers when I posted in this thread :grin: Some weird ppl out there, no?
Vil

Post by Vil »

but we are talking about single PC box ....
its easy to have a hundred cards in hundred computers :smile:
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

Still its cool you managed to get use out of every PCI slot with no conflicts.

I also think you should put a nice window in your case with some bright LEDs in there to show everything off :smile:

what kind of motherboard is it? it is hard to get one which will work with dual cramware cards + oasys.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: defex on 2002-02-25 07:28 ]</font>
Vil

Post by Vil »

You are right .its hard to have Oasys and Creamware stuff insight one PC . I still have a strange problem - when I turn power on windows boots and everything works nice , I can restart my computer etc . But if I try to shut downn it for a few seconds and latter I turn power on again ,windows will not boot anymore(fifty/fifty chances) ... Its necesary to wait an hour or two for the new boot :smile:Well and thats not heat related isue , thats a strange problem with Oasys card . If I remove Oasys from my computer , windows boots ... Right now I am using Asus TUSL-C with tweeked BIOS , I tested a lot of 815 motherboards , and I think Tusl is the ONE right now . I am thinking about p4b266 for my next upgrade .
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

P4B266 is very easy upgrade from t/cusl2
put the cards in the same slots, and they do not even get re-detected by windows (because the ICH2 is the same chip) you might want to get the p4b266-c because the regular one has a lot of "extra" features that share IRQs with the PCI slots.