AsusTek P4TE MOBO

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

vaporubs

Post by vaporubs »

Anybody using this with a pulsar 2, and how is it working out? I'm considering this board.
kurst

Post by kurst »

:smile:

as I said in another thread I'm considering it too ...

ANyway I saw in alot of threads (in this forum too) that alot people own it and are very happy so I think I'll go for it...
Other Rimm mobos as Abit imho are far after the P4T-E (according to the review on the internet)and have some stuff on board that maybe can cause some problems to Pulsar and the PCI widht ... such as the third party controllers for ATA100 or Raid...

Bye bye
sandrob

Post by sandrob »

i use p4t-e same sucessful as my good old cusl2 but with more cpu power! :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sandrob on 2002-02-21 04:40 ]</font>
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

One of my favorite motherboards P4TE. There is one version that can hit 133FSB (it has "ICS" on the chips near the RDRAM slots), so if you plan to clock, you will need a P4TE board with the ICS chips, and to hit 133FSB you should use the jumpers (the BIOS doesnt give the proper divisors at 133mhz). Because of this, ASUS P4B266 might be better since it is easier to overclock. But at speeds beyond 2200mhz, DDR doesn't feed quite enough memory bandwidth to the bandwidth starving P4 - there is a pretty steep performance gap at those higher (future) speeds...