P4 1,8 + 1gb RIMM or p4 2 + 512 Mb RIMM ????

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

kurst

Post by kurst »

Hi there all ...
finally I'm about to buy my new DAW system for Pulsar 2,
anyway due to budget limits I have to make a choice...

DO u suggest to buy a Northwood P4 1,8 with 1 Gb RDRAM or a 2 Gb with 512 Mb RDRAM ???
I'm sparing my money to buy another Pulsar (a XTC one) so don't suggest to buy the p4 2 + 512 and the other 512 next time eheheheheh

As motherboard I'll go for the Asus P4T-E.

Due to the price of RIMM to the shop where I'll buy the pc I thought to go for em.. Do have the systems p4T-e + RDRAM a consistant gap upon the p4b266 + ddr ??? I ask because I love the stuff that comes together with this board, as the USB 2 and the 1 PCI slot more :smile: nah nevermind... I'll buy the RIMM ahahah

Thx alot guys :grin:
SL1200MK4

Post by SL1200MK4 »

Well, I would go with the 1.6Ghz, and 1 Gb of RAM...

Get more ram only if you are running win XP/2000. Or else you can't really take advantage of it.

I would go with the 1.6G is because I have one, and it's running rocket stable at 2.133Ghz

Mobo temp top out at 32C and CPU temp 40C...

no crashes what so ever.
vaporubs

Post by vaporubs »

Do you have a pulsar 2
kurst

Post by kurst »

yes and no eheh , I have one on another Pc and I ordered the one that will fit in this pc I'm assembling 2 days ago :smile: and will be shipped to me in 2-3 days... So I almost "devoured" my budget for the motherboard, cpu and ram (I have already bought the rest of the setup)... So have to choose between Asus p4T-e with P4 2Ghz + 512 ram or p4 1,8 + 1Gb ram and I plan not to upgrade this computer for a while....

Bye bye and thx alot u all for the replies !!!