Pitch shifter

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

paulrmartin

Pitch shifter

Post by paulrmartin »

A truely stable pitch shifter with dry and wet balance would be really nice to have.

The Scope Pitch Shifter S is too jittery for my use. SpaceF's Octapitch is better but has too much latency even at it's fastest settings and is also jittery. The device also needs to be completely polyphonic like the afore mentioned plugins.

Is anybody up to this one?

Please remember that a guitar is going to play through this app and jitter is just not desirable.

Thanks, you geniuses :).
Are we listening?..
katano

Post by katano »

me too!
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Paul, if it's for guitar are you looking for a mono pitch-shifter?
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

No, Shroomz. I want to be able to play chords through this. Something like the Ibanez Pitch Transposer from way back.

Nice full chords played through a pitch transposer set up to a perfect 5th above = Luscious! :)
Are we listening?..
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

Bumpity-bump :)
pseudojazzer

Post by pseudojazzer »

I would love to see one of those!

If not you could try and record onto 2 channels and use direct monitoring on one and use a pitch shifter in your sequencer and see is they are any better, or with less jitter? Dunno what that would be like but might be worth a try.

Cheers,
Tom
dawman

Post by dawman »

This is new offspring of an old dog that hunted for years in the stateside studios. And Jaco used one of the old 5000's I believe.
pseudojazzer

Post by pseudojazzer »

I noticed that some guitarists use this eventide as well - seems pretty top spec, but its not cheap either... about £1500!

http://www.eventide.com/eclipse/eclipse.htm

sound e.g.s here: http://www.eventide.com/eclipse/eclipsounds.htm
sounds pretty wild!

I want one of these as well. :)
astroman

Post by astroman »

SpaceF's Echo and STW's A100/P100 will cover good a range from those sounds.

You got to set up your own chains, tho - not always easy, but imho the only way to discover one or the other gem that noone else has :D
Interestingly the extremely 'sweet end' of the eventide became rather fatiguing when browsing through the examples, after the 7th file or so - but it could also be due to the encoding.

Concerning the guitar I'd prefer a slightly rougher tone.
I've considered to build my VIA mini-ITX PC inside the guitar amp cabinet and have an autostart project with just a midi-controlled Echo3 in it.
I could prepare the presets on the desktop machine, so it could be operated from a pedalboard :D

cheers, Tom
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

This offering from Digitalis looks interesting. http://www.kvraudio.com/get/1384.html

Downside is that there's no demo. These guys don't do demo versions of their devices.
LHong

Post by LHong »

Yeah, it should be a neat device! I'm interested!
I would specify as the Harmonizer with multi-channel, which is suitable for the backing vocals as well. It can be done in FFT algorithms in order to get the precise "Pitch Scale' parameters without effecting on the tempo.
Last edited by LHong on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

Shroomz wrote:This offering from Digitalis looks interesting. http://www.kvraudio.com/get/1384.html

Downside is that there's no demo. These guys don't do demo versions of their devices.
A friend of mie bought this one. It doesn't do chords nor does it stay a perfect 5th through all the notes. There is always a slight shift in the effect's pitch.

I want stable and true without jitter. :)