scope 4.5 download

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

Grok

Post by Grok »

On 2005-11-30 16:58, astroman wrote:
On 2005-11-30 15:39, Grok wrote:
(...)
at least this one doesn't seem to be required to continue the use of one's system.(...)
God !... I was afraid, but you relieve me !... :wink:
have a nice laugh, Grok - possibly you have forgotten that after the version 3 update was released, (almost) all new devices required it - a version 2.x system was useless.

you're certainly aware that a simple version check in SFP (executed on a DSP) would do the trick to create arbitrary update situations, if CWA were after ripping customers this way... :wink:

(...)
cheers, Tom
I remember years ago, before the "banqueroute", when an ancient Creamware employee unadvertantly gave me the key to crack the whole Scope system.
Why did I not profit on this "amazing" and incredible situation?...
1) I'm not a programmer, but I could find some that would delightly "do the job". I even had some enthusiastic propositions... :wink:
2) But something inside of me prohibited me to do that. Call it my conscience, if you wish :lol:

...I've heard the rumour that some had not the same "conscience issue" than me, and currently profit from a totally cracked Creamware system. I don't know if it's true, and I don't know them.

But, anyway... I receive your point and the subjacent threat which you express... Which, beside being childish, smell an aberrant ideology of control of a paying captive consumers group.

When there is no mutual trust, business die.

Cheers,
Grok
Grok

Post by Grok »

On 2005-11-30 17:50, garyb wrote:
it's NOT a software update, it's a change in the software package. it adds devices for most users and it's voluntary....
THAT is clear !...
Thank You, Garyb !...
garyb

Post by garyb »

look, it's quite clearly stated what it is. i really don't get all your problems, but i don't really think that that many of your problems are related to the cards or their software. i build machines ALL the time and they ALWAYS work, first time. ok, XTC mode isn't that complete, but that's not really what the cards are about. it's just an abandoned feature that you are free to use if you want, and for what it is, it works just fine, i've used it many times.

with all due respect F%&* comments like "buy rme if you're a pro", ANY real engineers(and i know MANY)would be very happy to use the scope environment. rme cards don't sound any better and they don't work any better at getting sound in and out of the computer. also, rme cards don't give you as much for your money(effects, synths etc.). too bad if the software bundle just got bigger and you already have all that you want, CONGRATULATIONS!, you should be well on your way to making music. if you don't want the offer(which was put forward as the "Christmas special"), DON'T do it, it's not a nessessity.

if your favorite hardware combination doesn't work, TOO BAD. you'll either have to wait and use a hardware setup that the card is happy with, or lose out on the best platform(scope, yes i said it, it's my opinion and planetz is the scope place. what do you expect?) available. i've never understood the kind of dunderheaded fool who buys an expensive piece of gear like a scope card(more expensive than some computers, but CHEAP compared to other esoteric audio hardware) and then puts it where it's not happy, and complains that it doesn't work! often a $100 motherboard is the difference between sucess and failure on a $1000 soundcard, how stupid! as an analogy, it's like yelling at ampex for not making their 2' 24 track machines more portable or minimoogs polyphonic. you use the tool for what it offers. in the old days, if you wanted to record 24 tracks it was a REAL hassle.

honestly, i don't get most people's problems, i think most users have success with the product and that some of those with problems are just very loud and obnoxious making it seem like everything's cr@p. sometimes things get screwed up, but hey, it's a computer. m$word can get screwed up too. there are obviously a few bugs, but NOT ONE TRUE SHOWSTOPPER.

this offer is about the future package, it's NOT v5.0. there are going to be major changes to computers soon, not gradual ones and i'm betting you won't see any major updates until things shake out. in the mean time, the present systems could be used for 20 years and still be productive and worthwhile. all this constant need for new products is just a sign of a lack of musical talent and drive, and just a lust for machines.

yes, this campaign could have had a better name maybe, but where is all this righteous indignation for korg, yamaha and roland et al, who've repackaged the same samples into the same synths with new names and displays for the last 15 years? the offer is a nice bargain for most and it's VOLUNTARY. if you don't need it, ignore it. at least there's a new plugin from cwa....

just balancing the discussion....

also, please, respect to you all in my crankiness. there are no intended personal attcks even though i've singled out certain issues.....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: garyb on 2005-11-30 18:44 ]</font>
garyb

Post by garyb »

btw-
no one noticed the offering of MADI capability?
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

Gary can I ask which software you use apart from SFP?
I use Cubase and Gigastudio and it falls over only when i drive it too hard or am impatient and don't do things like stopping audio when adding inserts etc.

When does your system crash?

Thanks
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

I use the now archaic Logic 5.5.1 and my system NEVER crashes!

I just read the .rtf file in the 4.5 zip Andre so graciously gave us a link to and I don't see any problem with my purchase now.

Can't wait to get my key :smile:

Way to talk to wankers, Gary :lol:
Are we listening?..
garyb

Post by garyb »

my system does NOT crash. i use cubase sx3.x, logic 5.51 and sonar 5.01.
it is well known that giga requires it's own computer if you are going to use it near it's potential.
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

Grok

Post by Grok »

On 2005-11-30 18:31, garyb wrote:
look, it's quite clearly stated what it is.(...)
I apologize to be stupid as to have not understood this obvious clarity !... Maybe was I not alone?...
(...) i really don't get all your problems,(...)
...Did I said I have problems?...
(...)but i don't really think that that many of your problems...(...)
...No comment.
(...)with all due respect F%&* comments like "buy rme if you're a pro"(...)
Did I wrote this?...
(...)ANY real engineers(and i know MANY)would be very happy to use the scope environment.(...)
...Unfortunately, they mainly don't use it... Do you think it will change?...
(...) rme cards don't sound any better and they don't work any better at getting sound in and out of the computer. also, rme cards don't give you as much for your money(effects, synths etc.).(...)
RME cards are utterly reliable, have some solid technicals features that the CW cards haven't, and good drivers (Linux drivers too). That's why they have a such success... But, this is not the RME forum.
(...)there are obviously a few bugs, but NOT ONE TRUE SHOWSTOPPER.(...)
So, you think that the erratic behaviour with synths at 96 kHz (that VSTis haven't) is not a showstopper?... Happy you !...
(...)there are going to be major changes to computers soon, not gradual ones (...)
Yes, the future is all native... Just see the incredible VST plugins and VSTis that are already there... Look to the good ones, not to the bad ones !...
(...)in the mean time, the present systems could be used for 20 years (...)
You're right, but only for formated equal tempered music... Which is not the future, and I bet on this !!!...Musical limitations !!!...
(...)where is all this righteous indignation for korg, yamaha and roland et al, who've repackaged the same samples into the same synths with new names and displays for the last 15 years?(...)
...Maybe in the Korg, Yamaha, Roland et al forums?... :wink:
(...) the offer is a nice bargain (...)
Yes, yes and yes. Have I been enoughly clear, now?... :lol:
(...)for most and it's VOLUNTARY.(...)
...Thank you for this incredible precision, Garyb. Please inform us when there will be an UNVOLONTARY offer, and a paradigm shift.
:oops: Forgive me !... :lol:
(...)just balancing the discussion....

also, please, respect to you all in my crankiness. there are no intended personal attacks even though i've singled out certain issues.....
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: garyb on 2005-11-30 18:44 ]</font>
C'mon Garyb, thanks to you now everyone knows that I'm a poor frustrated guy unable to put on a working computer and make music, only spending money on new machines that never works. :razz: :grin: :lol:

Cheers,
Grok

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Grok on 2005-11-30 20:24 ]</font>
hubird

Post by hubird »

if people start quoting separate senses to comment them separately, then hide yourself... :wink:
Grok

Post by Grok »

Garyb's speech was so impetuous !... How do you think that I can manage such a torrent? I tried to take another rythm :grin:
garyb

Post by garyb »

ok.
i really wasn't speaking to you personally Grok, although you might think so, since i mentioned rme....just my general impressiona nd my opinion hasn't changed.. :wink:
Kymeia

Post by Kymeia »

Jezz why did some people have to get so insulting about this? It's very simple to see why people felt a bit put out or confused. It's promoted as an update of Scope - 4.5 - not just a new package - in most people's experience of other software a numerical "update" means an update to Scope - something many people have been looking forward to for a long time. While it was clear enough that the bundles contained some great new synths and effects it was not made clear it did not update the Scope system as a whole and in fact it is described on the site as "new bundles and features expand your existing environment". Now I don't think anyone was saying this isn't a great deal for people who have not bought extra synths and effects. If I had not bought Profit 5, Interpole, B2003, and VDAT in this last year I would be over the moon. It is a great deal from that standpoint. No-one was "whinging" about anything like that. The point was simply if it does (and we didn't really know yet) add functionaiity to Scope as an environment (such as updated drivers or features) then maybe for those of us with all those extra plugins already could it not be free or at least a reduced price - after all we are loyal and paying customers - we have paid well over (many times) the 98 euro - many of us just in the last few months even. It would have been nice if that had been taken into account. It's not uncommon for software companies to do that for their commited and loyal customer base (look for example at what VSL do with their updates). This is not people having a dig at Creamware - much of it was just wanting some clarification on whether it does constitute a full update and not just a new bundle. Having had that confirmed now (though still not officially from any Creamware reps) I can consider in the cold light of day whether I will still voluntarily update or not to get those 2 extra's I don't have (Masterverb and the new eq).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kymeia on 2005-12-01 00:03 ]</font>
bill3107

Post by bill3107 »

i definitly agree with you Garyb!!!!! The name of this offer (4.5) is the only error. Except that the price is very attractive for those who do not have the goodees... As for me i already have all the plug ins soooo...i will wait for a real upgrade.
ibz01

Post by ibz01 »

Sorry for my english, I'll try to explain my idea.
Now, we have to pay again for an "update" that is voluntary. But when creamware launches his Scope 5.0 version it will be necessary to upgrade with your key provided in 4.5 version, but for a bigger price?
If I don't have this key, I can't upgrade to future versions.

And finally a question. What about TripleLE?
it is provided with version 4.5? (I'm an old tripleDAT user and I love that program)
Thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ibz01 on 2005-12-01 01:02 ]</font>
ARCADIOS

Post by ARCADIOS »

i just bought scope 4.5
even if i allready have bought all extra synths and effects.
i did not download it yet.
am going to have a cdrom of 4.5? thats waht i whould like actually.

or downloading is the only way?
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

RME cards are utterly reliable, have some solid technicals features that the CW cards haven't, and good drivers
with all respect, rme does not have the creamware stuff and i don't have any problems with scope drivers.

Scope is the center of my production environment and i have some other computer running with vst's and connected via lan.

I'm using scope from 1999 and still there is nothing that can do the same of it.

About the quality, scope is different, vst stuff is not equivalent to it and, yes using vst it's better to work with 96 khz, but using scope we have nice quality at 44.1 too.

Grok, i don't agree to you, i'm conscious of what i can do with scope and what i can not do without it....

Micron

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: djmicron on 2005-12-01 01:58 ]</font>
elektrolurch

Post by elektrolurch »

[quote]
On 2005-11-30 17:51, powerpulsarian wrote:
Shayne, you are absolutely right. Why call it 4.5 if nothing is different?
[quote]

See update from SFP 3 to SFP 4: The only change in the software was a new logo!
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

hi

there is anyway a good web update :smile:
and apart the jokes
chance for luna and pulsar user to get some good stuff for few bucks
i hope the new move is a free SDK
for ALL creamware cards owner's
(i mean 3/6 dsp users) after this a new life for the scope plattform more people
into creation of synths and effects and stuff al° reaktor or synthedit or pluggo
this is what creamware must do quickly.
Grok

Post by Grok »

On 2005-12-01 03:18, elektrolurch wrote:
On 2005-11-30 17:51, powerpulsarian wrote:
Shayne, you are absolutely right. Why call it 4.5 if nothing is different?
See update from SFP 3 to SFP 4: The only change in the software was a new logo!
...Untrue.
...There are real enhancements and bugfixes in v4, compared to v3.1
...It's just that Creamware hasn't explained it enough.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Grok on 2005-12-01 04:50 ]</font>