it`s xmas time ;-)

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

Wow, how cool is this news :smile:

I'm full of questions tough...

I have a scope project, with Synth’n’Sampler Pack + the sb404, arpeg01, Arpeg02, Poison, Modular 2&3, VDAT, Interpole and STS5000 already.

So, if i upgrade with the new synth&sampler pack, i'll get what?

If i quote the home paqe :

"The Synth’n’Sampler Pack was upgraded to feature no less than six highlight plugins: the Miximax, the Pro-12, the B2003, the Vectron, the STS-5000 and the Modular III synthesizer. The package comes free of charge with the SCOPE project and SCOPE professional packages."

I should get Minimax + Pro-12 + B2003 + Vectron when upgrading. But if i look at the Scope Project upgrade page, this is what is shown :

"New in SCOPE project with Synth’n’Sampler Pack
Now as CreamWare’s new Pro-12 ASB hardware synth is out, the Pro-12 (formerly Profit-5) plugin has become part of the new S’n’S Pack. The Pro-12 is a fascinating classic synth and arguably the best digital reproduction of the analog legend. Also the B2003 – an equally amazing reproduction of the world’s most popular tonewheel organ – is now part of the S’n’S Pack. Last but not least for synthesis, also the wild sounding Poison is another new arrival with the new SCOPE project package."

Reading this, i can't see anywhere minimax or vectron. What do i get for real?

same goes for Mix&Master pack. I do not own the mix&master pack actually, so i'm thinking of getting it instead. Based on the description of the mix&master pack, if i choose to upgrade to 4.5 with M&M pack, i should get :

Optimaster, PSY-Q, Vinco, Vocodizer.

while on the upgrade description page it's written that upgrading to M1M pack, i get :

SBC Spectral Balance Controller,EDS-16i

What the hell? Does somebody really understand how this upgrade is working?

My finger is itching to click on the buy button, but i want to know for sure what i'll really get!

Post by Guest »

you will get the devices you don't have.

in my opinion it is still a bargain.

having to pay for 1 or 2 devices 98 Euro instead of the full price of 1 device around 198 euro still a deal.
ScofieldKid

Post by ScofieldKid »

Ouch. I alread have B2003, Interpole, and ProOne. Man, I'm the last customer on the Xmas list! :smile:

I would be interested hearing what the bugfix/changes are if any. It is a really good development that they are expanding their base package though. Really good news for new users.

Post by Guest »

SBC Spectral Balance Controller regular Price is 149 Euro....getting this for 98 Euro still a bargain.
garyb

Post by garyb »

the sbc plugin is more expensive than the upgrade. don't see how you can lose if you want that.

for users in north america, contact me if you want to get the upgrade.... :wink:

*edit* ya beat me to the punch antar......

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: garyb on 2005-11-29 15:30 ]</font>
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

Lifted this fromthe purchase page:
"The actual version features various enhancements for all SCOPE systems and is available for all target systems and customers at 98.00 Euro."

Varoius enhancements for all systems sounds like fixes to me no?
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

I don't have any doubt whatsoever that this IS a great deal, i just want to KNOW what i'm buying, i think it's totaly justified.

For example, if i think by reading the upgrade offer that i should have the minimax, and choose to buy the upgrade with s&s pack i didn't receive the minimax because i misunderstood the add, i would be furious!

And someone gonna tell me : "Hey, you bought it, you should have known what you paid for!" ...

...and he would be right.

I don't need to be furious about cw, or anybody else :smile:

Just want to know first
Jump for joy

Post by Jump for joy »

What´s the problem, really?

Is there a general negativism here regarding all information from Creamware.

"For a limited time only we offer to upgrade your existing SCOPE system to the software status of version 4.5 – at the very affordable price of just 98 EUR, no matter which product and which version you have today!" - Creamware

Why should there be anything dishonest with this offer.

Lets make music insted of war!
huffcw

Post by huffcw »

I agree that this is a good deal regardless - but there is a lot of confusion about what is actually included in the upgrade that should be more clear. For example - for the Home upgrade it mentions ModIII is included in several places within the text - but if you look at the summary table it says something different. So, which is it? Is it included or not?
hubird

Post by hubird »

yes, it simply should be clear what you get, isn't it?
It's a great offer, but at least if you have to choose between the two offers you have to know what exactly you're getting.
I will go for the synth department anyway :grin:
Grok

Post by Grok »

Hi,

Some currently untold precisions would be good to know:

- What is the SBC Spectral Balance controller, how does it work? This is of some importance, being the one only new plugin in all the new packages...
- What are the bugfixes in Scope v4.5, what are the drivers improvements, what are the features improvements?...

With the informations currently given, the v4.5 appears to be a plugins low price offer, which is good for the users who couldn't afford to support Creamware by buying these plugins sooner (except for the new SBC for which there is very little informations), and is presented as a "new version" which generally means that there are some core system improvements, which is something needed for Scope v4 at several levels.

But, not knowing which improvements have been made because they are not told (as telling them is the usual/traditional way with software companies when they upgrade their products), means that one can not know if she/he have to "upgrade" to v4.5 or not. The plugins offer being less impressive for those who already bought them, or those who already bought a big part of them (as it is my case: these synths & FXes, I have already bought them all except the very new SBC).

So, it would be cool and healthy to know what is the "upgrade" part of this new v4.5, as for now only its "commercial" part (plugins offer) has been presented...

Cheers,
Grok

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Grok on 2005-11-30 01:16 ]</font>
Grok

Post by Grok »

:grin: Have I said something too much intelligent? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Liquid Len

Post by Liquid Len »

On 2005-11-29 16:25, Jump for joy wrote:
What´s the problem, really?
I wasn't aware of one. You tell us what the problem is and maybe we can help.

Is there a general negativism here regarding all information from Creamware.
Can't say I noticed any. Are you annoyed about something? Maybe try not to be so negative!

"For a limited time only we offer to upgrade your existing SCOPE system to the software status of version 4.5 – at the very affordable price of just 98 EUR, no matter which product and which version you have today!" - Creamware
Yes, that is indeed what's on the webpage. As some have observed, it's only partial information for now.

Why should there be anything dishonest with this offer.
Um, I give up. Why?

Lets make music insted of war!
Don't you know that you can count me in?

Sure is good that Creamware is at least working on *some* new plugins. The new plugin for mastering looks interesting. Some enhancements would be neat - I don't find the Scope platform particularly buggy, as it is, so I don't see a pressing need for bugfixes. (Probably a selfish viewpoint - now that I have a Noah I've stopped griping about the 'stuck notes' bug that exists for some Minimax users. :smile: ) Maybe something to stop the system crashing when you unload certain 3rd party plugins..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Liquid Len on 2005-11-29 17:43 ]</font>
Jump for joy

Post by Jump for joy »

Well,

I guess my point didn´t come across L.L.
My English is not so good and it was just a general observation that every now and then when Creamware makes an annoncement people here at the forum demands absolute clarity.

Have a nice day L.L.
Liquid Len

Post by Liquid Len »

On 2005-11-29 18:55, Jump for joy wrote:
Well,

I guess my point didn´t come across L.L.
My English is not so good and it was just a general observation that every now and then when Creamware makes an annoncement people here at the forum demands absolute clarity.
Clarity makes discussions so much more relevant. There's only so much discussing you can do when the facts aren't clearly known.

Have a nice day L.L.
Hope I didn't offend you. Have a good day too.
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

On 2005-11-29 09:47, virtualstudio wrote:
yeah!! great news.
Please no festivities.I nearly got ripped apart when I said Happy Easter!
garyb

Post by garyb »

:grin:
Kymeia

Post by Kymeia »

I'm feeling a bit put out by this - apart from Masterverb pro (which I wasn't really interested in) I have bought nearly all the additions that come with 4.5 including Profit 5, VDAT, B2003. The cost of those was much more than ther 99 euros to upgrade. So shouldn't that count for something? If it does contain fixes then that would be good but that should be a free upgrade.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kymeia on 2005-11-30 00:21 ]</font>
DSP ADD!CT

Post by DSP ADD!CT »

hi

theres a good point, like many others im the lucky guy who has all the plugs except the new sbc so im not interested in buying. it would be fair to give the 4.5 update for free to people who own all the plugs allready imho.
bosone

Post by bosone »

damn!
i was filling the form for the upgrade to scope 4.5 and i entered all my data.
then i pressed next and noticed that i made an error in a field (city code). i hit "back" on the web browser, corrected the filed and not it says that scope 4.5 is already registered to my board!!!

i contact support and ralf in order to get some help... let's hope for the best...

i wonder were i can get some information about the new spectral balance tool... and if, with an old pulsar 1, i can get the scope project upgrade (S&S pack!)