System crash and pci overload

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

broken_halo

Post by broken_halo »

I have just got my scope project and have been using it for about a week. It works fine and well most of the time , but I get this annoying pci capacity reached.Most people probably know what it is and i have read the tech support but i just dont exactrly what they want me to do.As well sometimes my whole system will just crash (lock up with no response what-so-ever)i run an asus ai p-5rd1 mobo , and have an intel 3.0ghz with 800mhz fsb , 1 gig ram blah blah blah.I know there are some overclocking issues with scope , my ai mobo will auotmaticaly overclock my system
when it is reaching threshold (i can control the amount of overclock) If there is any info
that would be usefull pass it on over , it would be greatly appreciated.

"Broken but not irreparable"
garyb

Post by garyb »

that's an untested chipset(with scope) on that motherboard....integrated chipset and graphics, i don't think that that's a very good thing.

for the pci overflow issue let's do the masterverb test. into an empty project start putting masterverbs to see how many before pci overflow and let us know.

as to the lock-up, are you using midi when it happens? if so, you likely need to disable active sensing and midi clock on your conntroller keyboard, or at least use a midi filter for those functions in scope. use a midi monitor in scope to see if you are receiving active sensing or midi clock messages.

go to programs/accessories/system tools/system information/hardware resources/conflicts-sharing and tell me what, if anything, is sharing an irq with your card.
broken_halo

Post by broken_halo »

the chipset , as in my intel is not itegrated with the mobo , only the graphics are

cheers
garyb

Post by garyb »

the graphics are integrated into the chipset! the chipset is the part of the motherboard which regulates the flow of info on the motherboard. bad design for a daw........and turn off AI overclocking!