News from Creamware - Status of the Company and Scope

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

decimator

Post by decimator »

Hey good job narly ! :smile:
Next challenge try it on chorused guitar, soft bell, repeater lead and such ... :wink:
The differences are less obvious in the pure bass department.
Yes, you can use Minimax at 96 kHz, even if the filter is not functioning as it should you can always get cleaner sound ( less spectral foldover ) but whatever they did based on enhanced algos or thanks to newer chips, I find that ASB has an edge ! ears open for the next to come !

I really favor a box for CWA since you can plug it anywhere : towers and laptops ... wide money rake !

Concerning connections : choose the one with the less problems / glitches due to other devices connected, gather stories and feedback ... which one will do best with even a good motherboard under load of both USB and FW heavy traffic ?

When the next PCI standard will become really widespread and PCI will be like dying ISA years ago on MOBOs, cards could be back.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: decimator on 2005-07-16 12:20 ]</font>
Grok

Post by Grok »

On 2005-07-15 00:56, AndreD wrote:
(...)
..but don´t expect the total flexibility of scope..
:cry:...c'est dommage...
Grok

Post by Grok »

My only very, very, very little problem with ASB boxes: no digital inputs/outputs...
Grok

Post by Grok »

A CW dreambox:

- Scope Platform in the box
- Firewire 800 connection to the PCs...
- RAM expandable with DDR RAM slots...
- DSP expandable...
- Digital i/o expandable...

:cry: :cry: :cry:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Grok on 2005-07-16 17:01 ]</font>
Grok

Post by Grok »

Another dream:

- Scope Platform Native !!!...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Grok

Post by Grok »

...Well...

...We'll see what will happen in 2007 !...
MaoMusique

Post by MaoMusique »

yesterday:5or6Pci

today:3Pci

tomorrow:0 Pci

; )
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

On 2005-07-16 17:00, Grok wrote:
A CW dreambox:

- DSP expandable...

That's really what i hope too :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: marcuspocus on 2005-07-17 01:30 ]</font>
astroman

Post by astroman »

On 2005-07-17 00:33, MaoMusique wrote:
yesterday:5or6Pci
today:3Pci
tomorrow:0 Pci
; )
well, this is just drawing the wrong conclusion :wink:
the lack of PCI slots isn't due to PCI's technical incapabilities - it's because the majority of buyers simply doesn't need them.

almost everything is onboard today

my apologies that I mention this was Apple's concept of the original Macintosh - for which they were heavily bashed 20 years ago... :lol:

people learned that plug 'n play often doesn't live up to it's name, so it's easier to deal with one box and one installer :razz:

the new PCI formats are for high powered graph cards in the first place (regarding quantity of sales).
Yet the majority of users still do their office apps, email, media download and playback, organize photos and home video etc. - no need for expansion.

Apple serves them MiniMacs - VIA supplies EPIA all-in-ones, the latter representing the exact counterpart in the Windows world.
Not high performance, but perfectly organized and QUIET, 150 bucks including CPU and an amazing (!) sound :grin:

Since when is ISA outdated ?
5 to 10 years ? You still can buy Intel 865 boards with ISA slots for one or the other exotic industrial solution. Slightly more expensive due to lower quantities, but well affordable considering the application(s) supposed to run on them.

There will never be a lack of mobos capable to run Scope - and it will keep it's 'application and usability' value even if CWA succeeds with a completely different follow-up product.
think about it, twice... :wink:

cheers, Tom
decimator

Post by decimator »

I rather meant the dying presence of ISA slots on MOBOS like Maomusique pics : newer slots are in minority now but they will gently push the olders out of the PCB as years go by.
Since 2 years + , I'am on a 2.6 GHz CPU and I don't feel the need to upgrade till I'll be able to buy twice power for a reasonable price.
AndreD

Post by AndreD »

On 2005-07-16 16:49, Grok wrote:
On 2005-07-15 00:56, AndreD wrote:
(...)
..but don´t expect the total flexibility of scope..
:cry:...c'est dommage...
...just keep some scope and keep the flexibility :wink:

in fact, scope runs better than ever before with the latest asus p5 ad2 e premium boards :smile:
astroman

Post by astroman »

On 2005-07-17 08:01, AndreD wrote:
in fact, scope runs better than ever before with the latest asus p5 ad2 e premium boards :smile:
curiosity: does this include generation one boards - or are there not enough experiences for these ?
On 2005-07-17 05:29, decimator wrote:
...newer slots are in minority now but they will gently push the olders out of the PCB as years go by...
probably, but who cares ?
nobody is buying any mobo today for the performance of any kind of slot except graphics - performance choices (if any) are made based on the data throughput of the chipset and memory bus.

it doesn't hurt if the thing has slots, but as long as graphic performance is ok the majority of customers wouldn't miss them either.

the pro audio market is way too small for mobo manufacturers to consider it in large scale design context, but of course there will always be someone to take advantage of a niche opportunity that opens.
hence the supply of a home for our favourite cards will be safe for any reasonable amount of time :smile:

cheers, Tom

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: astroman on 2005-07-17 11:17 ]</font>
AndreD

Post by AndreD »

curiosity: does this include generation one boards - or are there not enough experiences for these ?
unfortunately, not:
http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... &forum=1&4
garyb

Post by garyb »

nice thread.
decimator

Post by decimator »

Well years ago you had to upgrade quite often because you just couldn't have a feeling of freedom with top notch configurations.
To make comparisons : I'am just on 1 MB internet and I feel really okay for what I download, painful dial-up days were definitively *not* cool, ADSL 20 mega I don't want to spend extra cash on it ...
Still just around 5 slots for various cards brands, going boxes for now should avoid painful choices.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: decimator on 2005-07-17 13:45 ]</font>
dawman

Post by dawman »

Shut Up And Jam,
Yes this is my view.
I jumped on the bandwagon a little late, but watched Creamware since 1999. I recently had a box built that rocks my world. Knowing that PCI is on it's way out, I still bought a Scope Prof. for replcing my Hammond C3, and retired my 147 for a Pro3T. The Minimax ASB will be my lead synth, however I will keep using my Oberheim XPander for it's fat buzzy pads from valhalla.
I really wish Creamware continued success, and await a futuristic KYMA-like box.I've been doing analog live for 31 years,
believe me, I know fat, and Creamware is obese.
Ich Bin Zare Optimichtich!!

Jimmy V.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

On 2005-07-16 17:00, Grok wrote:
A CW dreambox:

- DSP expandable...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Grok on 2005-07-16 17:01 ]</font>
- A FX section fully VST compatible like UAD or POCO.
- Synthesizers fully VSTi compatible.
- A SCOPE 5.0 system more integrated to the system MAC or PC.
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

I don't really understand this love for VST integration...where is all the difference? processing files in (pseudo)offline vs. non-silent mixing?

I wouldn't trade a full Scope mixdown on STM
and it's wonderful sound for the unsatisfying experience of a Cubase engine mixdown....if you don't want to hear when you mix you can always turn down the volume.

The Scope environment is a masterpiece of functionality, tweaking Cubase mixer is a PITA..
garyb

Post by garyb »

agreed.
Grok

Post by Grok »

I use Samplitude; the Samplitude overall sound quality is at least as good as the Scope sound quality; the Samplitude's object oriented mixing is tremendously convenient, allowing to do complex things very quickly while saving CPU power. Samplitude and Scope work very well together, the only brake in this association being the Scope incapacity to freeze its plugins (synths & FXes): it implies some assembly complications, compared to an all VST&VSTi solution. I sure can live with it, but I'd prefer a possibility to freeze Scope plugins within an XTC configuration... The Scope XTC mode would be the most convenient solution for mixing if it had this feature

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Grok on 2005-07-31 22:52 ]</font>