Interlok driver not installed

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Acid Man

Post by Acid Man »

Hi,

when I want to start Cubase on my PC, it gives an error message saying "The Interlok device driver is not installed on this system". When click ok I get the same error 3 times b4 Cubase actually starts.

Any ideas?

Acid :eek:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Acid Man on 2001-10-31 08:33 ]</font>
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Do you have "ASIO Source" and "ASIO Destination" modules loaded in your Pulsar project?
Acid Man

Post by Acid Man »

Yes
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Do you have Pulsar loaded before you start Cubase?

Are you using Pulsar V3.0 -- and if so, do you have XTC enabled? (If so, be sure Pulsar is CLOSED before starting Cubase).

Did you previously have a different soundcard which you uninstalled?
Acid Man

Post by Acid Man »

On 2001-10-31 10:45, subhuman wrote:
Do you have Pulsar loaded before you start Cubase?
Yes, it shows up in my tray.
Are you using Pulsar V3.0 -- and if so, do you have XTC enabled? (If so, be sure Pulsar is CLOSED before starting Cubase).
Yes I use V3.0 and yes i have xtc enabled. How can I be sure Pulsar is closed? Does it mean the pulsar logo is not on the system tray? And how can I use the big mixer in Cubase? Or is that only possible when I have Pulsar open?
Did you previously have a different soundcard which you uninstalled?
Yes, I did. However I also formatted C:/ and removed all related software from my program drive.
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

You should open Pulsar first, disable XTC mode (for now, you can mess with that later once you get the basic concepts), restart Pulsar. Make sure you have Wave Source & Destination, and ASIO Source & Destination modules, you might even want your synth project loaded, etc.

Then, Open Cubase.
Acid Man

Post by Acid Man »

On 2001-10-31 10:59, subhuman wrote:
You should open Pulsar first, disable XTC mode (for now, you can mess with that later once you get the basic concepts), restart Pulsar.
How do I disable XTC mode?
Make sure you have Wave Source & Destination, and ASIO Source & Destination modules, you might even want your synth project loaded, etc.
What I did is connect Pulsar analog source to the big mixer in (ch. 1&2). I connected the Pulsar2 midi source to a synth and routed that through to the Pulsar2 midi dest module. I connected the Asio source to the big mixer. From the big mixer mix out l/r I connected to the Pulsar2 analog dest module.

Last I connect the big mixer's Bus 1&2 to the Asio dest module (no I'm not recording multiple traxx, yet).

I did not connect any wave source to anything yet. Should I do this? Did I forget something?

Then, Open Cubase.
After I closed Pulsar?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Acid Man on 2001-10-31 11:14 ]</font>
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

How to disable XTC mode: Covered in the manual and at faq.infinitevortex.com

I never said to close Pulsar, you want it open when working in standard mode with Cubase.

Wiring Midi Source to Midi Destination will cause a MIDI feedback loop. Don't do that.
Acid Man

Post by Acid Man »

Wiring Midi Source to Midi Destination will cause a MIDI feedback loop. Don't do that.
Offcourse.

Acid Man

Post by Acid Man »

Is this the right connection?:

What I did is connect Pulsar analog source to the big mixer in (ch. 1&2). I connected the Pulsar2 midi source to a synth and routed that through to the Pulsar2 midi dest module. I connected the Asio source to the big mixer. From the big mixer mix out l/r I connected to the Pulsar2 analog dest module.

Last I connect the big mixer's Bus 1&2 to the Asio dest module (no I'm not recording multiple traxx, yet).

I did not connect any wave source module to anything yet. Should I do this? Did I forgot something?
Acid Man

Post by Acid Man »

I still get the message no Interlok device driver installed after I followed up your advice.

Any other suggestions?
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

If you use "Pulsar Midi Source" inside of your <b>Pulsar project</b> (which corresponds to the physical, hardware MIDI port on the Pulsar card), and you are sending MIDI out your sequencer & the corresponding MIDI interface port, you don't need any connections to Midi Destination: MIDI is already coming through the Sequencer for recording, and reaching the Pulsar environment to control the synths.

If you decide to use the Pulsar Software Midi ports (shows up probably as Pulsar MIDI 1 and Pulsar MIDI 2 inside your <b>sequencer</b>, you can use "Sequencer Destination" modules, and probably don't need any connection to MIDI Destination.

If you have your only MIDI keyboard connected to the Pulsar Hardware MIDI Input port on your Pulsar card, then you will want to route "Pulsar MIDI Source" to "Sequencer Destination" (and no wiring from "Pulsar MIDI Source" to anything else!), and then inside your Sequencer, use the software Pulsar drivers Pulsar MIDI 1 (which corresponds to "Sequencer MIDI Source" in your Pulsar project). Then, route all your midi from the Sequencer MIDI modules: This takes MIDI from the Pulsar midi port, routes it to the Sequencer first (so it can be recorded there), and then in your sequencer, you can choose where you want the MIDI sent (perhaps out a different hardware midi port to control a module, or something).

Hopefully that clears up how to setup MIDI in many scenarios for you, and maybe gives you some insight into how to think about the routing. Another post to follow...
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

The Interlok thing sounds like a bad dongle connection, BTW... is your copy of Cubase registered? If so check your dongle, if not, then.... :lol:
Acid Man

Post by Acid Man »

On 2001-10-31 12:01, subhuman wrote:
The Interlok thing sounds like a bad dongle connection, BTW... is your copy of Cubase registered? If so check your dongle, if not, then.... :lol:
I didn't change anything on my dongle connection. It is registred.. :grin:

Should I re-install Cubase?

oh, I'll get right started with your tips in your previous post.
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Reinstalling Cubase with the Pulsar drivers all loaded might fix it then... did you install Cubase after Pulsar, or before?

I believe Interlok is the name of the copy protection company Steinberg uses, hence the suggestion.
Acid Man

Post by Acid Man »

On 2001-10-31 12:32, subhuman wrote:
Reinstalling Cubase with the Pulsar drivers all loaded might fix it then... did you install Cubase after Pulsar, or before?
Pulsar suggested that I should install the sequencer first, so i did. this was to install plugins in the same folder as Steinberg.
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

You're right, for the XTC functionality... (I hope someone who uses Cubase is going to jump in here with the answer, but...)

Perhaps you have to rerun the Wave Profiler or whatever it's called, so Cubase finds the drivers? Did you setup all the Cubase driver stuff already?
Acid Man

Post by Acid Man »

Yeah, it did after I choose the XTC option. Before I could start Cubase it had to install all the synths and fx's. After Cubase did that I got the error message.

I think it's best to de-install Cubase and then re-install it.
horrn

Post by horrn »

hi,

by the way. if pulsar should have been caused the problem, aou can find out by the following steps:
- you can run cubase without hardwaredetection, it would startup and tell you that there is no audiohardware available! so you can turn down the pulsar-icon in the taskbar.
- if cubase is not running then, it´s a problem of cubase there! easy to say, i know!

- if you have any cracked program - if it is wavelab or a logic crack... try to install it! but you will still have done it(i think), if you have one!? then you can check the pulsar at least!

btw: i´ve never heard from this failure notice while i am still not often but sometimes are working with cubase...

there should be any buddy of you who has a cracked version of any sequencing programm ... trying this could be fine...

good luck
t.
horrn

Post by horrn »

.... oups!
and btw it might be something like you have said ... interlok is a piracy providing concept:
http://www.paceap.com/pr12.html

i hope you won´t have that problem!?

maybe any device aou have been used cracked?

shitty little problems...

good luck

t.