CopyProtectionViolations Errors

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

at0m

Post by at0m »

Hi peoplez,

Got a prob, and it suxx big time:
Almost every time I open Pulsar (Large app or Icon) I get Copy Protection error.
Pulsar asks me to enter S/N and key again. This problem continued after Pulsar re-install (over previous install).
My STW devices I could reg again (although I think that is not the prob) but what if Pulsar asks me S/N & key for most silly standard devices?
Some one experienced the same and found a solution?

:mad:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: atomic on 2001-11-22 17:46 ]</font>
at0m

Post by at0m »

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: atomic on 2001-11-08 12:31 ]</font>
claes

Post by claes »

I got that once. It asked for the key to auxrack, but i just entered the pulsar software code and it haven't bothered me again.. Hope you get it solved.
at0m

Post by at0m »

:mad:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: atomic on 2001-11-08 12:34 ]</font>
at0m

Post by at0m »

Here's my setup:
Acorp 6A815EPD dual CPU, dual PCI, RAID disabled, no onboard Audio/Video
2x Intel PIII 1GHz
100MHz, 512MB SDRAM
(preceeded by IRQ:)
PCI Bus 0:
14- IBM 30GB 7000rpm ATA100
15- creative 48x cd, Plextor 12*10*32 cdrw
125-127- 2 USB controllers
AGP 66MHz:
128- Matrox G450 me, Bus Master Off.
PCI Bus2:
20 Pulsar2, pci slot 2
24,28- 2x Pulsar1, in PCI slots 3&4.
28- LAN RealTek RTL8139(A) PCI, 10/100MB,
Promise PDC20265 Ultra100Eide - Disabled in WinXP device manager.

WinXP, Pulsar 3.1a

if that might help some more

EarlyFirst, what cset.ini do you have for this triple card config?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: atomic on 2001-12-20 01:42 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: atomic on 2001-12-20 01:43 ]</font>
Supersaw

Post by Supersaw »

Sorry to break it to ya, but the Pulsar wont work on a dual cpu machine!!
I had the same problems with Win 2k/SP2, on a dual Gigabyte board. If you dont use XTC mode you should be able to use the Pulsar on Windows XP Pro, although i should add it wont be 100% reliable, more like 70%.
If you do use XTC Mode then you will not be able to take full advantage of SMP Under Cubase, as i found out that on my setup that if Multiprocessing tab under Audio Settings in Cubase was checked/enabled the sound emitted from Pulsar XTC would break up, but if you unchecked it the sound was fine.
Dual cpu systems and Pulsar just dont go regardless of what people say, sure it will work for a few hours before it brings the system down!!! Stick the Pulsar in another machine and trigger it from dual cpu machine sequencer.
Creamware recently updated there FAQ/Support section on their site and do not recommend Dual CPU systems. Better Late than Never!!!
at0m

Post by at0m »

It's worked fine for over 4months, so why this sudden errors? I kinda started when I took the snd Pulsar from another pc to put it in the dual cpu machine under the other Pulsar.
at0m

Post by at0m »

btw, InfiniteVortex is going to start selling dual cpu mobo's too probably. Seth told me they were in final testing stadium...
Supersaw

Post by Supersaw »

>>It's worked fine for over 4months.........

V3 hasnt been out for that long or are you talking about the V2.04 BETA 2k Release working fine.

What HAL Mode eg.( ACPI/MPS Multiprocessor ) you using on Win 2000??

Did it start asking for activation keys when you installed V3 from 2.04 BETA. I'm suprised the BETA 2k drivers worked at all coz they didn't work for me! Pulsar just kept insisting on those activation keys!!!
So i got shot of the beta drivers.
V3 on Win2k was no different, still kept insisting i input activation keys, Windows XP worked but was not reliable.
at0m

Post by at0m »

So here's an overview of my card's history on this dual CPU pc:
ACPI off, Win2k, MPS Multiprocessor PC.

First, 2.04 w bèta drivers, I did not have software problems.
PCI probs were apparent: Because I was still on the MSI694Dpro (VIA), all ran well but I couldn't use memory eating devices. No reverbs, delays, chorus, samplers. Then I'd have PCI overflow. When I didn't do that, I'd have long enough time playing error-free. If I saved every 15mins or so, I was safe.

Then I took a Pulsar out of the MPS, and put it in a PII 400MHz BX Win98, where both of them used to be before the 2.04 bèta drivers. So in each comp there was one Pulsar1 card. I connected all ADAT between the two pc's.
Left the SP/DIF for the Akai S-5000. But SP/DIF doesn't work. I can wordclock slave S-5000 to Pulsar, that's it. No sound transferred so far.
I sync'ed 2 Cubase's on 2 pc's. Both wordclock and MTC.

When 3.0 came out, installed it right away. Worked fine, except for VIA limitations of course.

For 10days this Acorp 6A815EPD is the motherboard. I first left the 2nd Pulsar card in the PII. All installed normally. No single problem. Soft flying like mad.

3-4 days ago, the second Pulsar1 went into MPS pc. That's when the reg problems started. They still appear, still now and then.
Problem is that I lose 10 minutes with every boring reboot and might not be lucky next time either. And who says it's (cold) boot related.
Very unpredictable behaviour. The project might load fine, sometimes it shows when loading another device. I now save before I load devices too.

Thanks for being concerned,

atomic.
at0m

Post by at0m »

--> Did it start asking for activation keys
when you installed V3 from 2.04 BETA. I'm suprised the BETA 2k drivers worked at all coz they didn't work for me! Pulsar just kept insisting on those activation keys!!!

It did not ask for those keys I think. Not when I installed 3.0 on a clean pc either. Can that be? Should I register the 'new' card on this pc?
Didn't have any probs w regkeys in 2.04 or the bèta.
Supersaw

Post by Supersaw »

Basically you didnt get this problem with only 1 Pulsar Card in the machine right?
Problem only occured when you added the 2nd Pulsar Card to the MPS system.

All i can suggest is to install Windows 2k/SP2 again in ACPI MPS Mode, with only the Pulsar Cards and V3 software, see if all goes well.
Apparently it was working fine for you with 1 card, I couldnt even get that in Win2k on my setup. The machine also had a nasty habit of resetting/crashing itself when i was playing the Pulsar from Cubase!!! If you cant get both too work do as i do, dont waste your time trying anymore and stick one of the pulsars in another machine.

Good Luck!
at0m

Post by at0m »

i'm gonna try to put both Pulsars on the same IRQ now, 5 or 10.
at0m

Post by at0m »

Reinstaled Win2k from CD, now runs smooth again. It's a crazy world we're living in.
Supersaw

Post by Supersaw »

Awesome!

Let me know how reliable it is, after a few days??
at0m

Post by at0m »

doing SP2 now, finally. I got to WinDownload center instead of WinUpdate. I could setup SP2 manually there, cos in WinUpdate it thought of SP2 already installed.

Why doesn't it just work?-)
at0m

Post by at0m »

Didn't get any of these Copy Protection Violation Errors for a while, I just had 'em again.

Any one else experiencing the same? All my Creamware stuff is paid for :wink:
Supersaw

Post by Supersaw »

Yes just as i predicted, i've gone through all the pain you are experiencing. At the end of the day it's Creamwares fault with there dodgy drivers. Maybe if we all bombard Creamware support for fully compliant drivers for dual cpu machines they may be forced to act on it!
I'm still awaiting a reply from my several emails.
Would also like to add if anyone says there dual cpu machine ( PC wise )is working 100%with Pulsar 2k Beta or V3 on Win 2000 or XP Pro DONT BELIEVE IT!!!
Just find another working solution until Creamware sort it if they ever do!!
at0m

Post by at0m »

Get a VIA, I didn't have any of those errors on my MSI694Dpro. But then again, it cannot load memory using devices like delays or reverbs cos then it would give PCI master overflows.
Grrr....
at0m

Post by at0m »

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: atomic on 2001-11-08 12:36 ]</font>