interested in buying Prodyssey....But

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

slammah2012

interested in buying Prodyssey....But

Post by slammah2012 »

I really am interested in buying a Prodyssey,having owed an Arp Axxe years ago...
However I have not recieved an Inch of information from support from either company regarding the B4000 problems I am having :evil: .....So screw that....

I am almost :o "this" :o close to backing down on a store
lease agreement based on the lack of support for the product....
I'll buy an Arturia Origin if I have too....and send this "cash" of mine to Grenoble France...
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Just *ASK* and *INVITE* every-
thing you are after..........
slammah2012

firmware is no fix for problem

Post by slammah2012 »

I updated the B4000 ASB firmware tonight and to my disatisfaction, these problems were overlooked............................................................................................................................................
Dear Ralf

The Updated Firmware does not correct and engage the path of the Audio input into the Leslie simulator on the B4000 ASB...

It also does not fix or patch any connection between the Tone Controls of the "rotor and horn"(to the immediate right of Brake) in the Software editor in the Additional page....

When can I expect the next firmware release to be posted that addresses these important issues???...

I again will draw your attention to the Creamware Claims at the bottom of this url.....

http://asb.creamware.com/index.php?lang ... &product=2 which states:

Quote:
".........Just for kicks, you can also edit the ravages of time. What about using tone wheels that are ten years old? Or fifty years old? Just tweak that knob a bit – that's it. Functions such as percussion, vibrato, or drawbar distortion are implemented, too. But we also added some stuff for those who think that time hasn't stood still since 1955. Velocity sensitivity like with modern synthesizers? Tunable signal envelopes? And if you want to modify the sound of your brand new synthesizeresizer with the Leslie, distortion, and tube drive effects of the B4000, you will welcome the integrated audio input, to bring some fresh new sounds to your existing gear
B3 TM and Hammond TM are registered trademarks of Hammond Suzuki"
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

The Prodyssey has issues with the ring mod and sync cominations which ruins a potentially great instrument. Both companies are failing to respond to requests for fixes to the Prodyssey sound model or even to react at all. They takes the money and they run........silently.....

I am using my Prodyssey ASB as a midi controller to a Nord G2 Engine, to get the Odyssey sound and control I require. An expensive solution but it works.

However I have no issues at all on the PRO-12. Excellent stuff indeed as I also have heard the Minimax is.
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

I think if you replace a prodiseey emu with that Arturia you are comparing apples and oranges.
I need apples and oranges...... :D

My needs however include the CS80 modules that are also included in the Origin product...and their Arp2600 modules might get close to the prodyssey...
Maybe a future "CS8000 ASB" with ribbon and polyAT could bend by thinking a different direction
I own A real Yamaha CS80, a hammond M3 and leslie as well as the lesser Vk7, Alesis QuadraSynth,Korg Radias and that kind of D.I. gakk....

In my rig live, I use the CS80 with a rocker pedale that pans between D.I. and Leslie(theres nothing worse than letting a sound man have control over both signals as they try to mix the leslie and direct resulting in Circus music)

My attempt was to drastically lighten my rig using the B4000 to replace the hammond M3 and leslie and utilizing the Audio input on the B4K to handle the CS80 into it's leslie simulator (which I now find doesn't work in the newest firmware yet) .....and I was considering the Origin due to Its faithfull CS80 emulation, ribbon , ability to receive and route Polyphonic Aftertouch signals and the weight loss of another 200 pounds....
http://www.myofist.com

If John's Solaris is equipped with Poly AT, I would be Quick to consider it because it is just so important for musical expression........

ImageImage
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
andyr1960

Post by andyr1960 »

Le Bone wrote:The Prodyssey has issues with the ring mod and sync cominations which ruins a potentially great instrument. Both companies are failing to respond to requests for fixes to the Prodyssey sound model or even to react at all. They takes the money and they run........silently.....

I am using my Prodyssey ASB as a midi controller to a Nord G2 Engine, to get the Odyssey sound and control I require. An expensive solution but it works.

However I have no issues at all on the PRO-12. Excellent stuff indeed as I also have heard the Minimax is.
I couldn't agree more, Le Bone and I now run the same Prodyssey/G2 combination - I've gone one step further and finally started to build my own analogue modular... Web space up soon.

In a weird turn-about (for me, anyway) I've discovered that, to get true analogue sounds, you need a genuine analogue synth - obvious I know, but I've priced this thing up and it comes in at a fraction of a second hand ARP2600, which I've based it on.

I think my emulation days are numbered!
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

good luck
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

The Alesis Andromeda A6 is pretty affordable these days...
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

stardust wrote::lol:

Prodyssey must be damn good to attract these Nord zealots for a desperate avowal :D

Not a zealot just a realist! I have clearly stated why the Prodsyssey is not up to the job for which it was originally intended. Which is a shame as I bought it hoping it would the bees knees like my PRO-12. In the end I had to buy a Nord G2 Engine so I could get the Odyssey sound. However the Prodyssey is an excellent midi controler and still produces some great sounds regardless of the faults. As an emulation of an Odyssey it has major faults. However if you use it as an intrument in its own right (not as an odyssey) it is still absolutely fantastic.

The G2 engine does sound great, but it is an absolute pain to create new sounds. You cannot beat the Prodyssey for instant sound creation. It is still one of my favourite synths and is just so flexible!

I love my Prodyssey and will be keeping it (regardless of the faults and aliasing issues). It just needs fixing!!!!! Please!!!!!
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

I love the prodyssey,

for me its THE best VA synth.

it can pull out some serious great pads and fat basses.
I would buy my CW cards only to run this plug.

the filterpart is where CW developers have surpassed themselfes by far.

my 2 cent
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

MiniMax and Pro-12 were the first ASB's to come out and had some issues in the beginning, I remember reading, but were fixed with later updates. B4000 and Prodyssey came later, and I guess they kind of ran out of money to fix last remaining bugs. SonicCore is just getting off the ground and is hard working to get Solaris HW out the door. There may be updates in the future, I'm hoping, unless SC goes bankrupt as well. :o

Let's hope Solaris is a BIG HIT, rakes in millions, and can lead the way to a better CreamWare/SonicCore future. :D

Shayne

P.S. Here's something interesting...the legendary Tangerine Dream is currently using a MiniMax ASB in their studio. :D :D
Melodious Synth Radio
http://www.melodious-synth.com

Melodious synth music by Binary Sea
http://www.binary-sea.com
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

Last time I tried rebuilding some real odyssey sounds with Prodyssey.

All I can say is I have never seen any VST coming that close to the real thing.
I only missed the noise. :P

I don`t understand why a company like this can go bankrupt.

must be bad marketing. :P
Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

During the my period as sales-manager for Germany and the resonsible person for marketing from november 2005 to december 2006 sales went up about 60-70%.
johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

slammah2012 wrote:...My needs however include the CS80 modules that are also included in the Origin product...and their Arp2600 modules might get close to the prodyssey...

I own A real Yamaha CS80, a hammond M3 and leslie as well as the lesser Vk7, Alesis QuadraSynth,Korg Radias and that kind of D.I. gakk....

My attempt was to drastically lighten my rig using the B4000 to replace the hammond M3 and leslie and utilizing the Audio input on the B4K to handle the CS80 into it's leslie simulator (which I now find doesn't work in the newest firmware yet) .....and I was considering the Origin due to Its faithfull CS80 emulation, ribbon , ability to receive and route Polyphonic Aftertouch signals and the weight loss of another 200 pounds....

If John's Solaris is equipped with Poly AT, I would be Quick to consider it because it is just so important for musical expression........
slammah2012,

I must say, for your situation, I get the feeling you will be much happier with the Origin. They will have the emulation of the CS80 which you seek, whereas the Solaris has a different intention in its design, which is not to do exact emulations of specific synths. It's more of a synth that will (hopefully) have its own character and style, still with many component emulations, but more of something that becomes known for its own sound.
I really don't want to have customers who might misunderstand this, and therefore end up being dissatisfied and unhappy with their purchase.

Sincerely,
John B.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Now there's honesty for you. In my book that would be another reason to buy Solaris but to each his own...
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

Anna Lüse wrote:During the my period as sales-manager for Germany and the resonsible person for marketing from november 2005 to december 2006 sales went up about 60-70%.
No matter how brilliant or forward thinking the Marketer, if the Budget for advertising and promoting is not large enough noone will know about it and noone will therefore buy. I also believe that this forum is tremendously powerful for advertising their message. If they had consulted the forum before they released the Klangbox then a few small mods could have increased sales dramatically (a small LCD Screen and an up/down set of buttons). The Klangbox could have taken everywhere by storm.

If you could have bougt one klangbox and then overwritten with different synth models then Creamware could have got alot of money from their new Customerbase. To buy something that is upgradable/changable allows a longer term investment from muicians and would be worth extra dollars/yen/pounds. Releasing upgrades/models via the web provides the musician instant upgrades with zero middlemen taking their cuts from profits. Look at Korg and their fantastic legacy collection. Now if that ran on a DSP box instead of my soundcard I would be so happy. Just like an ASB MS20. mmm it is sounding abit like scope!

Sound On Sound loved Creamware as did alot of the other UK magazines. However money needs to be spent getting the Branded message accross.

Creamware used to have an edge by being close to their customers on here. I hope the new companies manage to turn it back around. The ASB concept and delivery of the product was excellent. I was so happy when my PRO-12 had an OS update to fix the bugs. That sort of service adds alot of added value to a product. I still hope one day I will get fixes for my Prodyssey (which regardless is still a tremendous instrument).

If the new companies released a CS80 ASB or ARP-2600 ASB etc, I would be queing up for a demo. There is still alot of play left in that market.
Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

numbers count - see my post above
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

Anna Lüse wrote:During the my period as sales-manager for Germany and the resonsible person for marketing from november 2005 to december 2006 sales went up about 60-70%.
maybe they don`t want everybody to have such a nice "secret weapon"
haha :)
so they try to avoid spread of information about their great products. :D

no seriously, I think the main part of CW bad reputation comes from the early days, where the

-software had some issus ( I know a CW dealer, that stopped seeling CW products, he told me that the software was too buggy - I should go for an m-audio card ... - lol )

- early synths / fx were by far not so great like the new synths, so there are users around the net, how claim that the synths are not that special sounding, they must be talking about the synths before pro-12, prodyssey and minimax)

- free device developing was prevented by the extremly expensive DP SDK, now this has changed too.

Then their ASB and klangboxes came out, which I think were a good step.
The problem was, that in this time the whole scope development seemed to be dead.

I hope the best for the new soiccore company.
Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

scope and a 16 sold in large quantities
astroman

Post by astroman »

hifiboom wrote:... early synths / fx were by far not so great like the new synths, so there are users around the net, how claim that the synths are not that special sounding, they must be talking about the synths before pro-12, prodyssey and minimax)...
well there ARE users 'on the internet' claiming that any VSTi sh*t sounds like gold if only the interface looks cute...

and if I remember 'early' VST synths correctly... omg :roll:

nevertheless people are not that stupid to buy into everything just because they've read or heard about it - and they won't care about any facts - either they feel adressed or they don't.
If you cannot create that 'relationship' you might as well save the money for the campaign - btw this means a bit more than to just feel part of a 'community'...

this message board is probably the best example of how 'failure' looks like in marketing terms.
I only know a couple of sales figures that made it to me through the grapevine - they are shocking to say at least.
All that stuff has been announced, discussed and raved about here - and what happened ?
Sorry for repeating this rant year after year... but I'd rather like to see this change

cheers, Tom
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

astro, I absolutly agree with you,

I just wanted to point out that the early cw synths may not more be the attraction point for buying an expensive card in 2007.

For sure I think these still can hold up against most VSTs.

In my opinion the newer generation Cw synth stuff is without competition at the moment. (there is nothing that sounds that close in terms of "emulation")

If I was Soniccore I would try to push this stuff to its limits. I mean they have all the code behind from prodyssey, minimax and pro-12. And the great filter stuff.
So it should not be a problem to apply this technique to emulate other stuff in high quality and to push it even further.
There are are enough legends out there to emulate and still there is room for doing something completly new. Like a virus with more "analog sounding" internals.

Combine this with the best fx and a powerful card.
I would go for such a card instantly, after its available.

But maybe you are right and its just "dreaming".

But I`m still very happy with what I got NOW. :)