help me

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

djdepa

Post by djdepa »

Ok guys,

I'm new here.

I need to know how can I obtain or buy the creamware development SW

I tried to search something on the net but there aren't informations :cry:

I'm an SQL programmer ad an hobbist musician and I would like to build my own synths

I'll be gratefull if someone that has it can exchange some mail with me to talk about the development software (where to buy, how to use it, how is it..........)

Please reply by mail (is in to my profile) because i can't read very often this forum
Micha

Post by Micha »

Welcome, djpepa.
You can build your own synth with Modular. It is like SQL programming and as difficult. The Scope DP is more like programming in Assembler and it cost a few Euros more. You have to have really good knowledge of how a synth is made to get anything out of it.
Have a look at the patches in the Pulsar Files/Modular Patches section of this forum. If patches like Monomorph are easy to understand for you, Scope DP maybe is something for you.
If not, Modular III or Flexor is interesting. Is like a Class Library where methods are called by wiring.
But the easiest access to make your own is Zarg's Red Dwarf and/or Solaris. These have the complicated part of the routing built in and all you have to do is to decide what OSCs, Filters, Effects your synth should have+use.
BTW: I am a C Programmer+music hobbyist and prefer Solaris.
djdepa

Post by djdepa »

Hi, where can I find informations about (and buy) them?
  • Zarg's Red Dwarf
  • Modular III
  • Flexor
  • Scope DP
thnx
On 2003-05-21 09:48, Micha wrote:
Welcome, djpepa.
You can build your own synth with Modular. It is like SQL programming and as difficult. The Scope DP is more like programming in Assembler and it cost a few Euros more. You have to have really good knowledge of how a synth is made to get anything out of it.
Have a look at the patches in the Pulsar Files/Modular Patches section of this forum. If patches like Monomorph are easy to understand for you, Scope DP maybe is something for you.
If not, Modular III or Flexor is interesting. Is like a Class Library where methods are called by wiring.
But the easiest access to make your own is Zarg's Red Dwarf and/or Solaris. These have the complicated part of the routing built in and all you have to do is to decide what OSCs, Filters, Effects your synth should have+use.
BTW: I am a C Programmer+music hobbyist and prefer Solaris.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: djdepa on 2003-05-21 11:14 ]</font>
Micha

Post by Micha »

Red Dwarf/Solaris: http://www.zargmusic.com
Modular III/Scope DP: http://www.creamware.com
Flexor is not out yet, but have a look at the Announcements forum. Everybody here is waiting...
DP is not really well promoted by Creamware, so have a look/search at this forum. People had difficulties to buy it, find the latest SW version etc.
But as said: expensive&difficult.