isn't it lovely?

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

alfonso

Post by alfonso »

mmm, i want it i want it i want it so much!

any ideas?

http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/prod_minime.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: alfonso on 2002-12-09 04:51 ]</font>
samplaire

Post by samplaire »

To get rid of your first hunger you can download the Mini-me drivers at least :lol:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: samplaire on 2002-12-09 05:12 ]</font>
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

Have you seen the Grace Luna3?
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
astroman

Post by astroman »

:grin:
Buy the carrying case now... from the Apogee Store!
:grin:
that scores a 10 on great marketing ideas
wouldn't it be a nice xmas gift, Alfonso :smile:
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

i got it!
just ordered!

i'm also excited because some users report also a very good asio functionality! and the sound, considering that i need it on the clean way, seems very nice.

ahhh! waiting for mini me now!
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

I am looking forwared to hear your initial impressions - and then to hear from you again after 3 or 4 months - if you care to spend the time. It is a "might buy next year" thing to me.
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
siberiansun

Post by siberiansun »

$1295... isn't that a bit steep?
i've got no experience whatsoever in converters but that guy costs more than the delta 1010 package for example, which is supposed to have superb a/d converters.
someone please enlighten me.
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

Suberb in 'consumer' world, but far for apogee level of suberbness :razz:

Also, it is not just a/d converter, it is also a real preamp with compression and limiter with 'pro level' output (aes/ebu) in a standalone fashion... No need for a PC to use it (live gig micpre that goes digitaly into a console for example).

Anyway, that's how i see it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: marcuspocus on 2002-12-16 16:15 ]</font>
garyb

Post by garyb »

siberiansun

Post by siberiansun »

i stand corrected....

well, it's not on my "must have within the next few seconds"-list but i will sure look into the whole ad/da market in a while.

thanks.
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

i choosed it because it combines some things all useful to me:

the level of the pre's seems quite good, on the clean way, that's maybe the best choice for going into spf with my rode nt2, my sennheiser e 855, my ovation elite etc...a clean thing with mic-line-hi z inputs.

the converters are said by the users to be better than rosetta's, that's enough for me, surely better than those embedded in the cards...

the clock is said to be very tight in the best apogee tradition, and this ensures me a lot.

and also it adds the bonus of low latency asio drivers and usb connection. things like recording acoustic music in natural environments with high quality, can be possible...

24/96 functionality, uv22 for 16 bit operation embedded and switchable 3 level compression, power supply that can be from 6v to 18v ac or dc.....

it's a lot of stuff for that price, if i wanted something slightly better in all the fields i had to spend 'round 4000 / 5000 $-Eu....

but still waiting....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: alfonso on 2002-12-17 06:54 ]</font>