Kontact like sampler

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

junklight

Post by junklight »

It would be nice to see a sampler for the pulsar that rather than being an emulation of hardware takes real advantage of the fact its a software enviroment.

Of all the soft samplers I have seen the one that has impressed me the most is Kontact - it really seems to push some boundaries although I am sure a lot more could be done.

Post by eliam »

Yup, Kontakt seems promising... hope they fix it soon...
On the other hand, to use the long experience of hardware manufacturers is more likely to result in a good softsampler, because only they have the know-how... Of course, hardware synths could be improved, but their basis is much more reliable than any softsynth I've tried... You know, I'm pretty fed-up with software manufacturer's half-baked products... Made and makes me loose much time. I personally don't want new concepts, I only want something that does the job, and that is not so sophisticated. It must be intelligently done tho by people who know something about samplers, and those happen to be hardware manufacturers, not ordinary programmers.
If only e-mu could come up with a softsynth with HD audiostreaming, wouldn't it be nice? Sigh...
thermos

Post by thermos »

i agree
i just want to go on making music, i dont want constantly new way of music making.