Logic 5.10 and pulsar2

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Radix

Post by Radix »

Hi. I'm having a real big problem with my pulsar2 to work in Logic 5.10. There is no midi connection thru the pulsars midi and i can get it to work in cuebase but i do NOT want to use cubase cause in that case i consider myself to a downhill in software. We have spent over 5 hours today me and the salesman to get it to work but no luck. No sound in audio, no midi thru the pulsar card in Logic. Then he called his friend who came over and he is a real experienced pulsar user and not even him could get it to work as it should. I would like to use the pulsars midi and one another midi-interface it got. midisports man. 2 in 2 out. Then one of these guys told me he had heard that there is this patch u might need to get pulsar2 working right in Logic 5.1. If this is true where can i get it? I have searched everywhere I can think of and no luck. Pls pls if anybody is using Logic 5.1 and pulsar 2 together pls contact me at my msn foan answer or mail me at my mailadress. radix@trance.nu

I'm in deep deep trouble and i really would like to get my pulsar2 working in Logic5.1

If there is anybody who could guide me thru an installation of pulsar2 in Logic5 i would be in real gratitude to this person. Please if u can help me out. On msn you can get hold of me with adding this mailadress:

musician303@hotmail.com

I'm real desperate..

I use XP in standard mode with the pulsar2 v 3.01

Sincerly Radix
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

I sent you my VERY basic Pulsar project that is designed to work with Logic.

Good luck! :smile:
Are we listening?..
braincell

Post by braincell »

Hey Paul,

Can you send me a Logic 5 .LSO file and a Pulsar 3.01 project designed for Logic 5. I am having a problem understanding how the audio works. I also having a problem loading Logic the first time. It seems to hang on the wave player but loads the second time usually. If you can send it to:

artistmusician@hotmail.com

It could really help me out. Thanks.
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

You guys have to understand I still use Logic 4.8.1 but I think the project I made should work with Logic5(at least, I HOPE so!).

I think I may get the hang of this after all!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: paulrmartin on 2002-04-16 12:56 ]</font>
braincell

Post by braincell »

I'm pretty sure it will. Thanks.
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

On 2002-04-16 12:33, braincell wrote:
I also having a problem loading Logic the first time. It seems to hang on the wave player but loads the second time usually. If you can send it to:
This is due to the setting in the devices manager, with Logic, you have to uncheck 'always open devices' and check everything else.
Radix

Post by Radix »

to marcuspocus

device manager...where do i find it in Logic?
so i can uncheck always open devices
braincell

Post by braincell »

Yes I am curious about that too.
kimgr

Post by kimgr »

Device Manager is not in Logic, it's in Windows:
Control Panels -> System or,
Right-click My Computer -> Properties

Kim.
garyb

Post by garyb »

also,make sure that xtc mode is disabled.
Prismer

Post by Prismer »

Hi paul, i am having some troubles configurating my enviroment with logic, can you also send me your saved project. I would really apreciate. thanks

Prismer@mail.pt
I am a bit newbie in production, so I need all the help I can get. Portugal
CAPO

Post by CAPO »

Not to jump on the bandwaggon but... do you think you could find it in your heart to send me one too Paul? Thanks
Baerchen_13@hotmail.com
CAPO
dblbass

Post by dblbass »

Poor Paul !! Why not upload it to PlanetZ?

to others - I don't yet have Logic 5.1, but had a few problems getting Pulsar MIDI working with Logic 4.8. Solved these by editing some Logic-related settings in Win.ini.

Search this forum. might be your problem in 5.1
Zer

Post by Zer »

I tested 5.0 with Pulsar 1 & 2 SRB - 0 problemo. Just create a track with a new instrument for each device.

Since Logic 5.1 is delivered only to logic control customers I assume you´re trying to use the crippeld crack which is not working properly because the new xs dongle is programmable and the first crack releases will all be buggy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zer on 2002-04-24 01:39 ]</font>
electrocowboy

Post by electrocowboy »

Anyone know where the equivalent of "always open devices" is in XP?
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

Gee! I hadn't been to this thread in a while.

Okay guys, I'm uploading my basic project for you now. Please let me know if there is anything wrong with it.

Please keep in mind that this is a very simple project designed to plug a mixer via ADAT into the PulsarMixer and out to Logic through the ASIO Destination module.

Thanks for the suggestion, dblbass! :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: paulrmartin on 2002-04-25 11:19 ]</font>
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

On 2002-04-23 22:07, dblbass wrote:

had a few problems getting Pulsar MIDI working with Logic 4.8. Solved these by editing some Logic-related settings in Win.ini.
What problems and how did you solve them, dbl?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: paulrmartin on 2002-04-25 12:22 ]</font>
dblbass

Post by dblbass »

Paul, sorry for delayed response. Away from planetz for a while.

I had problems getting Logic to see a second MIDI port from Pulsar. Am away from my DAW now, so can't check details, but I recall that I could confirm it was present in Windows, but not showing in the dropdowns in Logic parameter boxes or in the environment.

In win.ini Logic had created some settings for both Pulsar MIDI ports, can't remeber just what they are, but I think I changed the Pulsar MIDI 2 settig to be the same as the Pulsar MIDI 1 setting. Or something like that. anyway, this worked for me for this problem.

There was a post here on this topic somewhere recently, and Subhuman gave out the correct advice, as always. A search should turn it up.

Hope this helps.
jhstudio

Post by jhstudio »

Kimgr,

"Control Panels -> System or,
Right-click My Computer -> Properties"

then??
where to find and "uncheck always open devices"?

Thanx

Jerry
Taiwan
kimgr

Post by kimgr »

Open the properties for Pulsar, and go to the settings tab... And there it is.

Kim.