dual mobo

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

wilbertenserink

Post by wilbertenserink »

Hi all,

I want to restart discussion about dual mobo's. Which one is ok? and with what chipset/cpu

infinite vortex was testing a tiger tyan rev 3 a while ago.....

subhuman stated "Currently we have an Elektra inside a Tyan Tiger MP rev3 system with dual Athlon MPs, and we are getting great PCI performance and no issues to report at this time."

1) what's the status nowadays on the tiger tyan rev3?
2) and what about A7M-266-D (with AMD761 chipset (not VIA!!)) tohether with Athlon CPU?
3) and what about the Acorp 6A815EPD with dual P3 processors? or is this one getting old...

Thanx for you participation in this discussion.

Wilbert
at0m

Post by at0m »

Hi Wilbert,

I've written plenty about my mobo here. Do a search for "6A815EPD' on Z and you'll find some.
But if you want a test drive you're invited in Belgium. I live 40km south of Antwerp.
:wink:

About the copy protection violation errors: I get them almost every time I load a project, but when reopening Pulsar, it load everything fine. The price to run dual: load everything twice :grin: But the performance increase is b.i.g., imagine having so much headroom on the cpu's... it's real fun!!

atomic.

btw, I can run 9 MasterVerbs on 10DSP (Pulsar+Pulsar2), for a long time and stabile :grin: Seems like enough overhead to me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: atomic on 2002-02-13 22:58 ]</font>
wilbertenserink

thx atomic. I will run the search!!
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

AMD760MPX will not be tested by myself; you can't use the 66mhz slots with standard 33mhz PCI cards, so that limits the amount of DSP cards you can pile in there.

Tiger is running perfectly so far, still no issues, not even copy protection errors anymore, and definitely no PCI problems, at least with just 3 DSPs in there. It's a good native box :wink:
wilbertenserink

can't you put a power pulsar in there and do some testing ?? :smile:
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Why? I had Pulsar1+ELektra in there (7 DSPs) and could finally max it out, it's a good board but I wouldn't personally put a PowerPulsar in it - P4 is better for the bigger cards - IMO.
wilbertenserink

thx Seth,

I'll definately (?difficult word!) take your advice into consideration.

Wilbert