Upgrading Pulsar?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Luke Piasecki

Post by Luke Piasecki »

Is it possible (and how much does it cost :--)) to upgrade regular Pulsar board with Pulsar XTC? (If not then what else is there that's not too expensive). Or is XTC some different version of Pulsar made to work only with Cubase, not as Pulsar upgrade?

Thank you,
Luke
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

A regular Pulsar is already like a XTC but with IO and ability to modify the XTC project, so you do not upgrade to XTC, you downgrade :wink:
Luke Piasecki

Post by Luke Piasecki »

Hmmm.. from what I see Pulsar I has 4 DSPs while XTC has 6. My point is that if one already has Pulsar and later adds XTC, will the pulsar not have the power of 10 DSPs?
I don't know what you mean by 'downgrade', seems to me like you're adding more processing power. Maybe you misunderstood me, I meant adding XTC in addition to Pulsar, not instead.

Later,
Luke
Funktastico

Post by Funktastico »

Yes, it'll work. An XTC board works as a 6-DSP upgrade if you connect the two cards internally with an S/TDM cable, which you can get from your local Creamware distributor.

If you don't want to use the XTC software, but to simply use those x-tra 6 dsp's in your Pulsar projects, don't install the XTC software. Install just the driver. You can probably use Pulsar 3.01 drivers too. Pulsar software will recognize the new DSP's after that.

Toni L.
http://www.mp3.com/NativeAlien
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

Yes in fact i misunderstood you, sorry :smile:
samplaire

Post by samplaire »

On 2002-01-09 22:31, Luke Piasecki wrote:
My point is that if one already has Pulsar and later adds XTC, will the pulsar not have the power of 10 DSPs?
Hi Luke (Lucjan?)

Even more: adding a 2nd generation card (Pulsar II, Pulsar XTC, Luna II, new Scopes) to an existing 1st generation one (say, Pulsar I) gives you better (read.:lower) latency (the so called ULLI) which makes your work more exact. Hope you know what I mean.

P.S.
There was a famous Polish bicycle racer Leszek Piasecki (world champion, middle '80s), is he your family?
Luke Piasecki

Post by Luke Piasecki »

Hi Luke (Lucjan?)

No, Luke :smile:

Even more: adding a 2nd generation card (Pulsar II, Pulsar XTC, Luna II, new Scopes) to an existing 1st generation one (say, Pulsar I) gives you better (read.:lower) latency (the so called ULLI) which makes your work more exact. Hope you know what I mean.

P.S.
There was a famous Polish bicycle racer Leszek Piasecki (world champion, middle '80s), is he your family?

Yes, I'm surprised people would actually recognize this :smile: unfortunately, we are not related, at least to my knowledge.