So I just started Scope...

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

t_tangent

Re: So I just started Scope...

Post by t_tangent »

Buy a 3.5mm to 6.5mm stereo adapter so you can plug headphones in the front headphone socket of Xite. On Scope routing window you will then need to add the headphone module and connect that to mixer output.
garyb

Post by garyb »

where are you supposed to hear sound from?

it has to come out somewhere! you have it coming out the analog outs. there must be something that amplifies sound and makes noise, i.e. SPEAKERS that have an amp, either built-in or seperate, or headphones. do you not know how hardware works? if the audio desn't reach the real world, how can you hear it? can't you follow the signal?

the XITE is a piece of studio HARDWARE, like a mixer...to use it successfully, you need a basic understanding of studio gear....

if you only have headphones, then get an adapter. the 1/4" headphone jack is standard. there are plenty of 1/8" to 1/4" adaptors in the world. you will need the headphone destination (out) module in Scope connected to the Scope mixer's output.

buy some powered speakers that have XLR +4 inputs, or adaptors. get a hardware volume knob as well.

the purpose of the XITE is for you to have an actual music studio. real studios are more than a computer.

as far as why your computer is freezing, i suspect that the reason is similar to why you hear no sound. where are you located in the world?
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Eiffel65Fan wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 4:13 pm The only connections I have on my Xite are the Power Cable and the HDMI cable to the soundcard. Nothing else.
This is insane,- you put the cart before the horse !!!

Forget all the Wave- and ASIO- crap and get your XITE-1 making sound when being controlled by SCOPE application on your computer, period.
Endless posts and then this,.- are you crazy ?

Your XITE-1 works and we wanna know if you hear something,- SCOPE XITE in standalone mode.

WHEN that works,- we can go step by step to help w/ your DAW application.

:-?

Bud
Last edited by Bud Weiser on Sun May 21, 2023 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Eiffel65Fan wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:46 pm Unfortunately, even with all the Windows sound and (very limited) BIOS settings correctly configured, the privacy settings enabled, AND the energy saving settings at MAXIMUM, in ANY DAW that I attempt to open with the ASIO Scope Xite driver selected in the DAW’s audio settings (not the Speakers Scope Xite under DirectSound) with the ASIO2 Source and Dest modules in the Scope routing window, my computer STILL gets completely frozen and my cursor gets stuck (pressing Crtl Alt Delete and Crtl Shift ESC does NOTHING), so then I have to force restart the system by holding down the power button, ARGH! I even disabled my antivirus software and that still didn’t fix the problem!

The only thing I can think of that I’m doing wrong now is not doing the routing in the window correctly. For my next computer I will DEFINITELY be getting a custom built one with the recommended configuration settings (ASUS motherboard with Intel Core i7, 16 GB Kingston RAM, etc).
Blabla ...
There are 3 tasks you have to manage anyway:

1.)
Your computer:
Make it run w/ highest posible performance by disabling everything in BIOS (UEFI) you don´t need.
Every computer mainboard offers lots of stuff you don´t need anyway.
Tweak the energy saving settings.
The do the same in Windows,- get rid of all the OS (Service) bloatware and tweak the energy savings plan.

It seems you did that already and I hope you did it right ro as good as possible, depending on your BIOS.

2.)
Install SCOPE application for XITE-1.
When done and all you audio settings in Windows are correct,- test XITE-1 and SCOPE instandalone mode.
Check Analog I/Os, ADAT (and AES/EBU and Z-Link when you own such hardware devices), headphones out and physical MIDI I/O.

Only when all works as expected,- go ahead to step 3.

3.)
The DAW ...
Power up XITE-1, power up your computer,- launch your DAW application and double check if the SCOPE XITE ASIO driver is selected in your DAW application.
Open an empty DAW project and assign ASIO I/O channels for recording and (master-) playback.
Grab an audio file (loop a or whatelse) and run the DAW ...
Now you should hear the track playing back thru XITE-1 analog outs, headphones etc..

:)

Bud
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Eiffel65Fan wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:55 pm
I do have headphones, but the plug is too small to fit in the Xite’s headphone Jack.
no comment ...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bud

P.S.:
When you buy a set of phones, there´s usually this adapter along w/ 2 cables (straigt and helix) in the package ... :-?
fidox

Post by fidox »

fidox wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:42 am
Eiffel65Fan wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 6:17 pm Here are some screenshots of my system to give everyone a better understanding of my problems.
I don't own XITE-1, so just guessing.
Did you try to change to other "Speakers Scope-XITE-1" ?
Can you see on which device is playing sound ?
Control Panel - Sound.

also ...
Is there a sound on XITE-1 thru headphones ?
I do have headphones, but the plug is too small to fit in the Xite’s headphone Jack.
I always have at least 4-5 adapters in stock , just in case :)
fidox

Post by fidox »

Bud Weiser wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 4:33 am
no comment ...

Bud

P.S.:
When you buy a set of phones, there´s usually this adapter along w/ 2 cables (straigt and helix) in the package ... :-?
Not always, mine studio headphones Audio-technica came without. :)
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

fidox wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 6:11 am Not always, mine studio headphones Audio-technica came without. :)
Anyway,,- does your XITE-1 make noise now (out of it´s dedicated outputs) or are you a professional poster ?
Any fart would be enough to know it works and doesn´t need to get a RMA.

:D

Bud
fidox

Post by fidox »

Bud Weiser wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 11:52 am

Anyway,,- does your XITE-1 make noise now (out of it´s dedicated outputs) or are you a professional poster ?

Bud
Haha, fart sound.
Well, i really don't understand few things here arround this XITE-1... :o
Eiffel65Fan

Post by Eiffel65Fan »

Bud Weiser wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 11:52 am
fidox wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 6:11 am Not always, mine studio headphones Audio-technica came without. :)

Bud
Just bought a jack adapter online and will test as soon as it arrives. Got my ordinary small 3mm jack powered speakers back a couple of weeks ago. Before I realised the stand alone Scope sound must come out of the Scope hardware itself I tested by connecting a Wave Destination (both ordinary and 24 bit) to the mixer output with my Realtek speakers as default sound device in an effort to try to get the plug-in sound coming out from the speakers connected to the back of my desktop and unsurprisingly, looking back now, no sound came out. When I loaded a Sound Card destination (Sound Card Source has no problems) in the window (without even connecting it), you guessed it, the computer froze. When I started this thread, I knew there were going to be a couple roadblocks along the way, but I am learning a lot of new stuff as well. I realise now that there’s a lot more to the Scope Xite than meets the eye.
garyb

Post by garyb »

don't use the soundcard source or destination. :)
fidox

Post by fidox »

Eiffel65Fan wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 2:27 pm Just bought a jack adapter online and will test as soon as it arrives. Got my ordinary small 3mm jack powered speakers back a couple of weeks ago. Before I realised the stand alone Scope sound must come out of the Scope hardware itself I tested by connecting a Wave Destination (both ordinary and 24 bit) to the mixer output with my Realtek speakers as default sound device in an effort to try to get the plug-in sound coming out from the speakers connected to the back of my desktop and unsurprisingly, looking back now, no sound came out. When I loaded a Sound Card destination (Sound Card Source has no problems) in the window (without even connecting it), you guessed it, the computer froze. When I started this thread, I knew there were going to be a couple roadblocks along the way, but I am learning a lot of new stuff as well. I realise now that there’s a lot more to the Scope Xite than meets the eye.
Happy learning and all the best with your XITE-1.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Eiffel65Fan wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 2:27 pm
Just bought a jack adapter online and will test as soon as it arrives. Got my ordinary small 3mm jack powered speakers back a couple of weeks ago. Before I realised the stand alone Scope sound must come out of the Scope hardware itself I tested by connecting a Wave Destination (both ordinary and 24 bit) to the mixer output with my Realtek speakers as default sound device in an effort to try to get the plug-in sound coming out from the speakers connected to the back of my desktop and unsurprisingly, looking back now, no sound came out. When I loaded a Sound Card destination (Sound Card Source has no problems) in the window (without even connecting it), you guessed it, the computer froze. When I started this thread, I knew there were going to be a couple roadblocks along the way, but I am learning a lot of new stuff as well. I realise now that there’s a lot more to the Scope Xite than meets the eye.
You´ve read my posts above and understood ? Yes/No ?

You´re doing weird stuff making all overcomplicated,-

There are test- and tutorial projects coming w/ SCOPE XITE application !

All you need in your project is
:

XITE analog Source and Destination modules
XITE (physical) MIDI IN and MIDI Out modules

Have speakers and connect to the XITE analog XLR Outs ...
Have a MIDI keyboard controller and connect physical DIN MIDI via MIDI cable to XITE MIDI In

Insert a SCope synth in your project and a mixer,- connect XITE MIDI Source to the Synth, connect Synth´s audio outputs to mixer and mixer main- or control room outputs to XITE analig Destination.
Play a note on MIDI keyboard and you should hear a signal.
(for more easyness, you can connect the synth directly to the analog outs and skip te mixer)

For the headphones, insert XITE phones Destination too (you can use the same mixer outs w/o disconnecting the speakers.
Plug in yopur phones and there shouldbe the same signal your hear thru speakers.

Is that so difficult ?

How old ar you, what are you doing?
For which purpose did you buy a professional tool like XITE-1 ?

Did you never ever connect an audio interface to your computer before ?

Did you understand XITE-1 is a hardware device being controlled by the application running on your computer and works standalone.

Most other interfaces acting as a Windows soundcard DON´T word standalone,- so it´s different.

You DON´T need ASIO or WAVE to test the XITE hardware !

No don´t come back and tell us you don´t have the cables necessary.
Go and buy what you need.
You should have done when placing the XITE order already.
I guess you´ve seen product pics before you pulled the trigger and did some investigation about what it does.
Or do you have frequent blind-dates w/ gear sellers ?

:)

Bud
Eiffel65Fan

Post by Eiffel65Fan »

My headphone jack adapter arrived, so now when I connect the Xite Phones destination to the mixer and Scope synth of choice, I have clear and beautiful sound (no crackles or pops) when my headphones are plugged in! (to the Xite) But unfortunately, when I bought a dual XLR female to single 3.5mm adapter cable for my speakers online, something went wrong on the seller's side, and I got a small refund (the cable only cost 5 dollars). So, for the time being, I won't worry about DAW integration and just be grateful that my Xite is working as it should in the routing window.

I bought the Xite because my favourite band of all time, Eiffel 65, claimed to have used Scope products in the very late 90's/early 00's (post Blue (Da Ba Dee)) and I wanted to try to identify which sounds from the Scope synths were used in their songs, as there were no YouTube videos on that particular subject matter.

I bought all the John Bowen/Zarg synths from the shop as well, but does anybody know where I can get a key for the Comb Pro? The Comb Pro doesn't seem to be available in the shop or anywhere else for that matter. When I tested the Ambient plugin, the first couple of sounds worked okay, until one preset requested a sample file. I loaded that file and got a BSOD afterwards. Do the Zarg synths have STS 64-bit syndrome?
astroman

Post by astroman »

Yes, sample osc in 64 bit is a general problem afaik.
It‘s a bit tricky if you load an unknown preset for a synth that potentially may activate a sample osc (from it‘s arsenal of oscillators). You‘d have to edit the patch in 32bit mode to remove the offending part.
Imho it‘s an inconvenience, but not a show stopper. There are so many great oscillators available for Scope...
garyb

Post by garyb »

wow.
you don't have a proper set of audio monitors or a hardware volume control, yet you have thousands of dollars into an XITE....

ASUS is good, but almost ANY good quality motherboard will work. only soket 1155 motherboards have had troubles as a group. motherboard issues are mainly from Windows 98 or XP days. your freezes are not motherboard related.

i'd be happy to help you get setup properly, but you don't even have the equipment that you need. are you sure you want a music production studio? perhaps you just want an expensive toy?
nebelfuerst

Post by nebelfuerst »

I agree with gary.
Although sometimes, I also use headphones to keep peace with family and neighbours, listening with good speakers really makes a difference.
The headphones nevers sound that clean, as a good pair of speakers can. (If your budget is limited, Behringer 2031A are my recommendation)
Xite isn't just good for production, you can "pimp" existing songs to your flavour. ( Optimaster, Stereoenhancer and dna-stereoeq are my personal favs.)
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:23 am wow.
garyb wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:23 am ...perhaps you just want an expensive toy?
seems so !

:wink:

Bud
garyb

Post by garyb »

:) you make me look mean.

i just want him to be able to enjoy his purchase...