SCOPE V8 Beta!

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Mr Arkadin

SCOPE V8 Beta!

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Just got a Spring sale notice from S|C for XITE-1 (which I already have), and it comes with SCOPE V8 Beta.

I haven't been hanging round here so much so may have missed some discussion of this.

I suppose Gary knows but can't discuss.

Any public news about this?
garyb

Re: SCOPE V8 Beta!

Post by garyb »

all i know is that the driver issues were first priority....
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Excellent.

I'm not after much to be honest, just future compatibility with Windows 11 and Studio One, maybe a fix for the sequencer modules. Maybe some resizable GUI stuff.
valis

Post by valis »

Yay! I’m in
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Any news on when it'll be available?
Wolferich

Post by Wolferich »

... and what are the news? XTC? Any first impressions on V8 beta?
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

XTC was dead a long time ago.
sepuka

Post by sepuka »

Wolferich wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:09 am ... and what are the news? XTC?
XTC might have been useful in auld lang syne, hwen we overclocked Celeron 300A to 450MHz FSB and installed a second 64MB stick of memory. This could offload the system by fast bus overload and adding large DAW delays instead of short internal delay. With current processors, there is nothing to offload, only latency and bus overload remain.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

So there is no CPU load limit anymore with modern day processors? Wow! I guess there really is no need for DSP processors or external gear anymore. :D
sepuka

Post by sepuka »

yayajohn wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:19 am So there is no CPU load limit anymore with modern day processors? Wow! I guess there really is no need for DSP processors or external gear anymore. :D
When XTC was introduced, one plugin could take up half the CPU and offloading was a really big deal even with its cost. Now I don't even know the last time I used freeze a track.

XITE is about free routing without latency when the signal is inside. I can freely input all my external synths and guitars, send everything I need to all my external equipment, record any sources to the DAW, and send everything I need from the DAW to my external equipment in real time.

For XTC, each plugin must be sent via PCIe to DSP1 or 2, then to DSP 3-6, then in each slot, for example, from DSP 3 to DSP 7, 11, or 15. The result must then be sent back from DSP 7, 11 or 15 to DSP 3, then from DSP3 to DSP 1 or 2, then via PCIe it goes back to the DAW. Very quickly, the number of available connections will be exhausted.
Wolferich

Post by Wolferich »

@Sepujt Not everyone is using Scope the way you might do. I liked and would still like the XTC feature with its given limitations for my workflow.
valis

Post by valis »

I know that it was stated they would like to bring XTC mode back if possible, but for now a driver update and fixes to address modern Windows environments is enough of an expectation. Properly working 64bit drivers across the board (ie, ALL asio applications) would be enough to bring Scope back for almost all who have faced challenges.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

valis wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:59 pm I know that it was stated they would like to bring XTC mode back if possible,
IIRC,- that was announced as a separate application, if at all.
valis wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:59 pm but for now a driver update and fixes to address modern Windows environments is enough of an expectation. Properly working 64bit drivers across the board (ie, ALL asio applications) would be enough to bring Scope back for almost all who have faced challenges.
Well,- I´d appreciate a 64Bit driver update as also a wave driver fix,- but that´s by far not enough for a major update (v7 to v8) IMO.
There are several 64Bit files to be fixed,- some sequencer- and arpeggiator type as also STS samplers and some modular modules,- in fact almost everything using samples and/or accessing RAM like tape delay modules etc..
For ME,- this is more important than ASIO driver because I don´t have to use XITE as my main DAW audio/MIDI interface.
I really hope, SCOPE v8 when finally being released, will manage total recall of everything incl. MIDI CC assignments on device level w/o the neccessity of 3rd party workarounds in standalone mode.

:)

Bud
dante

Post by dante »

sepuka wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:59 am For XTC, each plugin must be sent via PCIe to DSP1 or 2, then to DSP 3-6, then in each slot, for example, from DSP 3 to DSP 7, 11, or 15. The result must then be sent back from DSP 7, 11 or 15 to DSP 3, then from DSP3 to DSP 1 or 2, then via PCIe it goes back to the DAW. Very quickly, the number of available connections will be exhausted.
SAT connections were also limited on Scope PCI on which XTC was originally implemented. So depends on use case. Connections won't be exhausted if used below any threshold (as is the case with many Scope use cases). I'm looking to XTC mode to load up a single synths into a DAW. The XITE-1D doesn't have DSP 7, 11 or 15 so therefore no connections between them upon which to be limited. Plus I still have a Scope PCI DAW on which XTC would be very useful.
garyb

Post by garyb »

the beta will be released after NAMM. we still need to purchase the driver certificate from m$.
nebelfuerst

Post by nebelfuerst »

garyb wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:40 am the beta will be released after NAMM. we still need to purchase the driver certificate from m$.
using windows testmode, drivers can be installed without certificates, at least for W10.
( I recently used this to get an old midi driver from 8.0 working in W10.)
But I understand, that S|C wants the standard way of installation.
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Is Holger going and will Sonic Core have a booth?
garyb

Post by garyb »

he's going. i don't think there's a booth.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:40 am the beta will be released after NAMM. we still need to purchase the driver certificate from m$.
Hi Gary !

WHEN the beta will be released after NAMM (and whenever that will be),- do we find that release on S|C server for download,- or do we XITE users still have to sign up for the beta test team for download ?

:)

Bud
garyb

Post by garyb »

i don't know any details.