"plop" sound every 3 seconds ? power supply problem ?

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

alexarmens

"plop" sound every 3 seconds ? power supply problem ?

Post by alexarmens »

Hi guys, I got a big power supply problem but just want to know if somebody has already have the same,

I'got a "plop sound" every 3 or 4 seconds that occurs even when the xite is not running on PC (I hear it by the phones), I can open my scope V5.1, and see on the first channel on every mixer i use. did someone already get that ? I suppose it's a power problem but I use an AC 12v 3000ma external , the same as the original one .
valis

Re: "plop" sound every 3 seconds ? power supply problem ?

Post by valis »

Capacitor somewhere in the chain? Or clock issue, are you syncing to external clock?
alexarmens

Post by alexarmens »

the plop occurs only in analog, by the headphones in fact and chained in the mic/di front . the "plop" is not recorded by the asio, strange no???
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

alexarmens wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:06 am the plop occurs only in analog, by the headphones in fact and chained in the mic/di front . the "plop" is not recorded by the asio, strange no???
So, the "plop" doesn´t appear on XITE´s balanced analog outs on the rear panel ?

The mic/Di (and phones) connector board is a daughterboard of XITE-1´s mainboard.
When under warranty still, you might need a replacment easy to exchange.

When it´s out of warranty and you have some tech skills (or one of your friends has), open XITE, have a look and investigate.
This board is small and easy to ship as it is relatively easy to install WHEN you or the friend aren´t tech greenhorns.

XITE_Insides.jpg
XITE_Insides.jpg (149.96 KiB) Viewed 2124 times

:)

Bud
alexarmens

Post by alexarmens »

thx for the reply Bud ! I'll see that with a friend of mine ;)