Scope Crashes When Loading FX into Routing Window

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Refrochia

Scope Crashes When Loading FX into Routing Window

Post by Refrochia »

Hi All

Havent really had the need to do this for many years however I've tried to load some FX into the routing window but Scope crashes. I re-installed Scope but the same thing happens on the default project. When it crashes I can just restart Scope so it's not like I have to restart the computer.

I decided to work through all the plug-ins, testing which ones crashed scope and those that didnt. I've attached the results in a txt file.

The behaviour is the same regardless of whether a plug-in is mono or stereo with the exception of GraphEQ - the stereo version works but the mono one crashes. When it crashes, it loads the plug-in module into the routing window then immediately pops up with a message to say Scope has stopped working:

Scope stopped working error.png
Scope stopped working error.png (30.21 KiB) Viewed 794 times

There are 3 other plug-ins that also generate a runtime error before the Scope has stopped working error message - stereo versions of SSB Modulator, SC-Autogate and Multitap delay:

Scope runtime error.png
Scope runtime error.png (19.33 KiB) Viewed 794 times

Loading any of these plug-ins into a mixer or multi-fx plugin works ok however I'd like to resolve the crashing issue in case I or a friend forget not to do this and crash Scope and lose work. Has anyone else experienced this and know how to fix it?

I'm on Scope v7.0.1706 64bit
Windows 7
2 x Scope Pro PCI

Thanks
R
Attachments
Scope FX Troubleshooting.txt
List of plugins that crash scope when loading into routing window
(2.73 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
Last edited by Refrochia on Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know.
garyb

Re: Scope Crashes When Loading FX into Routing Window

Post by garyb »

i don't think you can fix this. i think there a certain clases of fx that will crash, so use a multifx.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Very strange. I am successfuly loading all of those FX in the routing window from the drop down and by dragging from the file browser
Tried on Win7 32bit Scope 7 PCI and Win7 64bit Scope 7 PCI.
Perhaps I am not understanding something here but I would be happy to help you troubleshoot further if you would like.

Gary does this same thing happen on your system?
Refrochia

Post by Refrochia »

Hmm that is strange. Forgot to add I’m on 64bit and using 2 Scope Pro PCI cards-original post amended accordingly.

I’m loading the plug-ins via the drop down menu.

I discovered the issue when I tried to load a stereo gate effect and after I did the re-install of Scope it worked and I could load it into the routing window but then stopped working again. I did initially think that my previous project was corrupt because when I loaded that into the new install the errors re-occurred so I started rebuilding my project from scratch but about halfway through I thought I would test loading a gate effect and the errors started again.

I renamed the previous Scope install directory before re-installing but checked the new install and the plug-in file paths are pointing to the new install and not the old install.

It’s very strange!
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know.
garyb

Post by garyb »

afai remember, there were a couple that would cause a crash. delays maybe?
dante

Post by dante »

Scope Setting -> Global -> Show Desktop. Enabling this STOPPED the R6025 'pure virtual function call' error I was getting on loading the SC-AutoGate and the SC-Brickwall EQ. These plugins now load normally. Switch to 'Hide Desktop' option and the crashes occur again. This is Scope XITE x64 and Scope PCI x64 both Win8 and Win10 fresh installs.
valis

Post by valis »

^^ send to support please for current beta. Note I only use show desktop mode for so long I can’t remember why, but There were other issues as well if I recall.