Scope 7 and STM 2448 and 4896 Mixer Maybe Bugs

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

valis

Re: Scope 7 and STM 2448 and 4896 Mixer Maybe Bugs

Post by valis »

900W means heavy 12V, says not as much about 3.3 & 5V and if they're derived from one of the 12V rails or not. To determine the PCI card power draw, you can look at the keying overall and then the key's pinout: http://www.arstech.com/install/cms-disp ... needs.html
ikemhla

Post by ikemhla »

Hi.
Attended to ram as suggested.
Got 16 reverb pros loaded.
This time there was no DSP limit warning.
PC rebboted but mentioned something about the DPC Watchdog Violation.
what does that mean Gary

Ike
valis

Post by valis »

Deferred Procedure Call watchdog violation

Something is unresponsive and processes are hanging until the WATCHDOG process responsible for watching for hanging processes can't keep track of them all.

Check your BIOS for RAM tuning settings, check your voltages and other sensor readings in whatever app you happen to be able to use to do this (I use AIDA64 but there are free options).

Are you on XP, Win7 or Win10/11?
ikemhla

Post by ikemhla »

I am using win 10 1N2 ver
valis

Post by valis »

Both routines on this page may also help, but do this once you know that you have stable RAM & Power supply, so the data written is an improvement and not further degredation:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 5b60477a93
ikemhla

Post by ikemhla »

Thanx everyone who helped.
Nvidia 610 was the problem. With it out of the system I am running.
Maybe Graphic card is Faulty.
I howevr can use only 75% if the available DSPs before scope yells about running out of DSPs
I have 3 Pulsur 2 Cards making it 18 DSPs.
Not using Big Mixers at All but small ones.

Regards

Ike
valis

Post by valis »

Nvidia 610 is too old for Windows 10/11, they dropped that branch of drivers and so only the MS trunk is maintained for compatbility.

GT 1030 is current equivalent, 1050 would work as would any low end quadro made from 2015 onward.

In regards to current system load, if you're not using ANY gpu via the PCIe slot, I presume you're using the onboard IGP? AMD/Intel both have onboard video options now, but the drivers are probably worth downloading. I think Dawman uses the IGP here to great success.
astroman

Post by astroman »

The DSP load figures are somewhat misleading by nature. Scope tries to fit as much as possible on each DSP by a certain algorithm, but the size of some code modules may become an obstacle.
Some code cannot be split over several chips because there will be a sample delay (3?) if chip boundary is crossed.
In that case any stereo process would fail, or filters would run out of phase etc. It‘s been a common mistake in the very early Scope days that developers didn‘t use the respective lock feature to prevent code spreading across chip boundary.

It‘s like (fragmented) disk storage where a lot of blocks may be available, but not enough continues ones to write a file.
Scope does quite a good job in optimization and rearranges DSP code, but there‘s no magic wand.
In other DSP systems like UAD or Pro Tools no such option exists.
There are lots of cases with almost 50% (theoretical) capacity unused because some plugins just exceed the limit by a few percent.
These systems have kind of fixed processing slots and plugins have a fixed amount DSP resources, so you can pre-calculate what‘s gonna happen... but you can‘t redistribute the code.