Those behringer fans are shameless, lol

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

spacef

Those behringer fans are shameless, lol

Post by spacef »

spotted today, on aBehringer group lol... (i removed the full name of the guy as it is not about shaming this person)
not sure why they are not happy with behringer's own adda (i have one behringer Behringer ADA8200 Ultragain in case of emergency, not plugged right now, it certainly does not sound the same)...

imagine "can you clone xite-1" ?? :-)

ah, those guys, they could save many data center and bandwidth and save us from global warming with a simple "behringer, can you please clone all and every piece of gear that is found on Thomann and other resellers and please also clone the whole music market and vsti and dsp synths and guitar strings and mediators and also potis, power supplies and other spare parts... please" .... :-D
Attachments
lol.gif
lol.gif (103.1 KiB) Viewed 1089 times
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
dante

Re: Those behringer fans are shameless, lol

Post by dante »

Why not ? The Behringer DAW comes *soon* w/- free Prophet, OBx and PPG VST clones

https://www.musicradar.com/news/behring ... th-plugins
dawman

Post by dawman »

Behringer products would never last as long as the A16.
PSUs are first to go, then key contacts.
You should just buy two to start with or the real deal that a;ways sounds better.
spacef

Post by spacef »

dante wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:24 pm Why not ? The Behringer DAW comes *soon* w/- free Prophet, OBx and PPG VST clones

https://www.musicradar.com/news/behring ... th-plugins

got a "swing" keyboard recently. very good build, but sent it back, as Pitch bend was not working (aleatory min/max value=totally unusueable c ompared to a keystep for example) and the software/firmware update finished to make the thing completely silent..... appalling programming and support and quality in the details (the keybed was very good though). I have a 110 voice module for modular, contacts are very fragile and don't last long. good thing there are two input for pitch, as one was not working fine 3 weeks after purchase. their CP1A psu is nice though, I have two of them. Had a neutron too, that I also sent back as the filter is less good than what we already have in scope....

so the Swing I got cost me zero, but it has cost us all a high price in degradation of the environment, and that non working keyboard will not be repaired. I don't know what will happen to it, probably will be sold to someone else who will not notice the pitch bend notworking soon enough. and if he does, he will send it back, and it will cost us even more, an invisible cost that we don't pay with our wallets, our children will pay it in another way. free energy that does not pollute is really not for "soon".

Soon, there will be laws that will force companies to take this in to account, and it will be reflected in the price. of course, makers in China will probably be less impacted that US/UE makers (zeventhough china also has laws in that area, as their pollution levels are much higher than ours).

everybody is free to do / think /buy / not buy what they want. but generally speaking "cheap" or "free" is not necessarily better or good (or bad).

what i was pointing out is that, even though people attack Uli for cloning, he seems more ethical than his basic user. follow that group, people ask cloning current stuff. it forces uli teams to ask sometimes "why would we do that ie, even behringer seems scared of the request they sometimes get).

cheap is not "cheap" and has lots of hiiden costs. for example, if you order something from ali or bangood, wxhat you don't see is the high price paid in terms of carbon, that is not paid by you, but will be payable by future generation in terms of being able to live sustainably on this planet. and that's a very high price to pay.... not in money , so cheap users who only see the output from their bank account and nothing else, don"t care. But expensive is not necessarily better neither. so it's a case by case thing.

I would probably grab his free stuff as it is free and then will see if it is good or not, but I don't expect miracles when others software makers have been trying to do this for years now. Iam not psychic though, may be it will be fantastic and so much better than the rest.... i don't know (and in a way, I don't really care much anymore, what i already have, and it's not a lot, is enough to make anything musically speaking, but that's just me, everybody does what he wants).
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website