Slava Ukraini

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

fra77x2

Slava Ukraini

Post by fra77x2 »

I hope this paranoid war of Putin to end soon. This crazy dictator should end. The blood and destruction is in his hands. Strength to Ukraine.
jksuperstar

Re: Slava Ukraini

Post by jksuperstar »

Aside from China and Belarus, Putin stands alone now. I hope the Russian people rebel, and the mob bosses take him out of his seat of power. It seems like a bottom-up solution is the only "clean" way to fully stop him.
fra77x2

Post by fra77x2 »

Yes it seems like this. I think this is a great miscalculation from the side of Putin and the anti-US-Europe side. I 'm not sure China can change the balance. People do not like to be threatened with nuclear weapons, or to be ruled by dictators. For Russia what to say... Default of economy is coming... We will see.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

He doesn´t care standing alone and he´s paranoid,- very dangerous.
He´ll go to baltic states sooner or later and then we´ll have WW3 w/ nuclear weapons and all the other arsenal available.
I guess he´ll also help Iran w/ nuclear weapons now and because they called the US being responsible for that war.
It´s all insane and to avoid WW3 we´re doomed for inactivity.
India, China,- and IIRC also israel,- don´t support sanctions, spain doesn´t deliver weapons at all etc.,- so he´s not totally alone.
OTOH, it´s too late for more weapons anyway and I believe more weapons just only result in more violence and raising brutality against civilian population.
Ukraine cannot win this war, it´s impossible and trying that is suicide.

The very best for Ukraine would be being neutral and not trying to become NATO and EU member all the time.
This might rule for a few other states too.
It might need a demiltrarized zone

From western perspective that might be not ideal, but it´s possibly the only way to stop that war and save lifes.
Compromises are needed and western politicians should also learn they cannot export their cultural beliefs to elsewhere in the hope all will agree.

Bud
fra77x2

Post by fra77x2 »

He´ll go to baltic states sooner or later and then we´ll have WW3 w/ nuclear weapons and all the other arsenal available.
So he will destruct the world? I can't imagine this. I think he just threatens because there is no future for autocratic regimes and his chair is creaking.

I am not sure democracy and freedom are just "cultural beliefs". These are the most progressed forms of governing the countries. The only forms that the potential of people can flourish. Problems exist, competition of interests are strong and create inbalances and insecureness but that's what we've got. We should work to make them better. Personally I think the stance of western leaders is adaquate to the situation. They are not provoking, but they also take a firm position because you don't want to show that pressure can lead to compromises. Supporters of Putin are everywhere but if the situation gets worse they will step back.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

fra77x2 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:40 am So he will destruct the world? I can't imagine this. I think he just threatens because there is no future for autocratic regimes and his chair is creaking.
I have the impression he´s thinking like Hitler.
So when he´s losing, all the other shall do too,- even the own population.
fra77x2 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:40 am I am not sure democracy and freedom are just "cultural beliefs". These are the most progressed forms of governing the countries. The only forms that the potential of people can flourish. Problems exist, competition of interests are strong and create inbalances and insecureness but that's what we've got. We should work to make them better. Personally I think the stance of western leaders is adaquate to the situation. They are not provoking, but they also take a firm position because you don't want to show that pressure can lead to compromises. Supporters of Putin are everywhere but if the situation gets worse they will step back.
I now what democracy and freedom means,- but I can imagine not all are ready for and some will never be.
It´s a problem of humans themselves,- greed and fear dominate life.

And western world made big mistakes in the past,- not being less insidious and less cruel than this war is now.

Hitler started WW2 w/ the lie "shooting back", attacked Poland and ...
Vietnam war started w/ a lie,- 2 US ships being attacked by torpedoes,- which never happened.
Saddam Hussein´s weapons of mass destruction were never found because these simply didn´t exist.
That´s only three,- but it´s always the same story and will always be.
There are the ones w/ the target to free the world from communism and dictatorship and the other want to free the world from Nazis and genocide,- while all exactly do the latter.
Then there are the damn religions producing countless fanatics.

Yes, we have a dream,- but it will not been realized in my life anymore,- and possibly never.

Well, my english isn´t precise enough to discuss that in detail and I only hope it will stop soon.
But even when it stops,- there´s all the destruction and all the killed people already and it wil never be the same as it was before.
The harm is omnipresent already.

I´m currently unable to be creative, unable to consumate (listen to) music.
It´s all so much depressing.

:-?

Bud
fra77x2

Post by fra77x2 »

Personally I am concerned deeply and my mind goes to the people that their lives are getting ruined but I do not let these feelings discourage me. It has the opposite effect on me. I believe common sense will prevail, fear and war mongers will lose sooner or later. If humanity is confronted with a self-destructive instict I still believe in the power of creativity.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Don´t forget,- even we´re human beings,- we all are mammalians too as also we belong to that variant of mammalians killing their own fellows/ conspecifics.
Human beings are the most successful predators on the planet and that is why there are so many human beings existing.
Law of djungle rules too,- eat or be eaten ... dog eat dog.
Putin is just only one of these awful people and he is the leader of one of the most powerful nuclear power nations,- possibly THE most powerful.
He knows that and acts appropriate to achieve his targets.
It´s the combo of unscrupulousness, intelligence, national pride and geopolitical craving for power making him an ice-cold chess player in political power game.

It really doesn´t matter what we (artists) can imagine or not, or what we´re believing in.
Putin blackmails the whole world that way and he IS the man pulling the trigger when being stalemated.
The russians threatened the world w/ nuclear weapons already in the 60s (Cuba crisis) and now I´m not surprised about.
I was alive already at that time.

And all the dilemma goes back to the moment when the nuclear bomb was invented and really being used in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
That better never happened and now we cannot turn back the clock.

:(

Bud
fra77x2

Post by fra77x2 »

As you say, one would imagine that when we leave our house to get food instead of going to the supermarket we set traps and catch prey but this is somewhat unlikely.
Of course we are competitive, we can be cruel and inhuman but in general we are quite civilized. Jungle law does not rule that's the whole point.
You say a lot about Putin but it does not scare me so much. We have nuclear weapons since '45 so it is quite old technology. I imagine the number of nuclear physicists out there is quite large and we could build nuclear weapons to dismantle everything from earth to the moon.
Other more sophisticated "weapons" are much more effective and practical as they do not kill beside the opponent the one who uses them. Threatening societies at this level betrays one's disadvantage more than one's strength. Artists do not have as little power as you suggest because they can and do appeal to large masses and influence them.

Do you know which technology is really powerful and revolutionary? You probably already know and you can guess it easily. Computers and the internet... the media... cinema, music etc... Nuclear weapons are a dead dog's bark if you like my opinion.
dante

Post by dante »

Yes even malevolent China wants to expand by building (road and belt) vs Russia by Destruction. thats why China not fully supporting Sputin because then belt and road project jeopardized because of this war.

heres to creation beating destruction - and if it doesnt we wont be alive to give a shit anyway, so might as well root for creation.
fra77x2

Post by fra77x2 »

Fire in the nuclear plant... Devastation of cities... The situation gets very serious...
valis

Post by valis »

I've been rooting for creation since day 1, the only devastation we need is in our distortion and saturation arsenal of tools for audio.
dante

Post by dante »

Bud Weiser wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:43 am And all the dilemma goes back to the moment when the nuclear bomb was invented and really being used in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
That better never happened and now we cannot turn back the clock.
Well where do you turn the clock back to ? If you stop Mr e=mc2 Einstein escaping Germany to help Manhattan project then maybe he is captured by the Nazis who wont stop at Hiroshima :O Do you turn the clock to his birth and kill him then ? Or maybe Von Braun's as well. Hmm because then maybe US doesnt get a man on the moon and piss Russia off that way. Nah, lets get greedy and go back to Hitler or Hirohito's birth, pop them off.

Could be a big butterfly effect there - hey we should do it on Netflix ! Would be a big hit (except in Russia where it banned).
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

dante wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:31 pm
Well where do you turn the clock back to ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Robert_Oppenheimer
dante wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:31 pm If you stop Mr e=mc2 Einstein escaping Germany to help Manhattan project then maybe he is captured by the Nazis who wont stop at Hiroshima :O
Do you turn the clock to his birth and kill him then ? Or maybe Von Braun's as well. Hmm because then maybe US doesnt get a man on the moon and piss Russia off that way.
My father was a radio operator in Penemuende where von Braun realized V1 and V2 after endless failure.
According to what he told me, the germans had a hard time to get the V2 off the ground at all.
The germans never had nuclear weapons, not even prototypes.
It was and still is a myth they were closed to have nuclear weapons available.
What they really had was heavy water (deuterium oxide) and some basic knowledge about nuclear fission.

Doesn´t mean Hitler hadn´t use the bomb when available.
But it wasn´t.
dante wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:31 pm Could be a big butterfly effect there -
No, science isn´t forbidden.
It´s all about what someone is doin´ with it.
There´s also no one out there sayin´ conventional bombs were only possible because someone invented the aircraft.
dante wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:31 pm They we should do it on Netflix ! Would be a big hit (except in Russia where it banned).
I don´t use these services,- so no clue if that makes sense.
Do we make big cash ?

:D

Bud
dante

Post by dante »

I heard the Germans were shipping some of heavy water out of some alps, and was blown up by allied mini sub under water, the kind of story James Bond was based on. Reason the Nazi had issues getting V2 effectiveness was British Mosquito fighter bombers kept on taking out the launch ramps aimed at England. Believe it or not, those Mosquito were so fast they could actually chase down and detonate the V2 in flight across the channel - as long as they started their chase run at high altitude !! All this was after some wierdo scientist saw the V1 drop into London from his time travelling police box and warned Special ops.

Yes, we will make a fortune - if we're still here :O
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

dante wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:07 pm I heard the Germans were shipping some of heavy water out of some alps, and was blown up by allied mini sub under water, the kind of story James Bond was based on.
AFAIK, they produced it in norway,- maybe somewhere in german alps too, but I´ve never heard of that.
dante wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:07 pm Reason the Nazi had issues getting V2 effectiveness was British Mosquito fighter bombers kept on taking out the launch ramps aimed at England. Believe it or not, those Mosquito were so fast they could actually chase down and detonate the V2 in flight across the channel - as long as they started their chase run at high altitude !! All this was after some wierdo scientist saw the V1 drop into London from his time travelling police box and warned Special ops.
Well, I know what "Mosquitos" were,- but not in conjunction w/ V2.

Pa was there for a limited time and before he came to german/french frontier area after france was occupied already.
He reported during his Penemuende time, not any V2 made it off the ground or made it over a longer distance.
Most crapped out during lift off and they feared almost every day being killed in their partially dug in radio car by detonation of a fully refueled "wannabe" rocket.

Well yeah,- later they worked,- but he already met my mom in Strasbough.
dante wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:07 pm Yes, we will make a fortune - if we're still here :O
Pessimistic ?

So- what about NOW and HERE ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bud
dante

Post by dante »

Says here a lot v2 were launched unless its fake news.

http://www.worldwar2facts.org/v2-rocket-facts.html

Yes I think Mosquitoes used to chase V1 but V2 too fast for them. But I do recall something about the mossies destroying them on the ground.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

dante wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:30 pm Says here a lot v2 were launched unless its fake news.

http://www.worldwar2facts.org/v2-rocket-facts.html

Yes I think Mosquitoes used to chase V1 but V2 too fast for them. But I do recall something about the mossies destroying them on the ground.
Thx for the link !
What you see in the rocket failure vid is what I was talkin´ about and what pa told me.
he was there at the beginning and when they worked in masses, it was 1944 already.

Let´s stop now, it´s too much O.T. for this thread meanwhile.

:)

Bud
dante

Post by dante »

Ok - back on topic now - the invasion of Ukraine

WW1 start ..............28/7/1914 .........28 + 7 + 19 + 14 = 68

WWII start ..............1/9/1939 ............1 + 9 + 19 + 39 = 68

Invasion of Ukraine ...24/2/2022 ........ 24 + 2 + 20 + 22 = 68
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

dante wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:14 pm Ok - back on topic now - the invasion of Ukraine

WW1 start ..............28/7/1914 .........28 + 7 + 19 + 14 = 68

WWII start ..............1/9/1939 ............1 + 9 + 19 + 39 = 68

Invasion of Ukraine ...24/2/2022 ........ 24 + 2 + 20 + 22 = 68
Now we enter conspration theory level ...
Translate into ABC = F.H.

So,- what might that mean ?

"Fuckin´ Hell" ?

:-?

Bud