Rendezvous 602

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dante

Rendezvous 602

Post by dante »

Third in my series of U.K covers. I also did 'In The Dead Of Night' but my vocal not up to scratch in that range so I consider 'unfinished'. Plus its hard to get that great synth stab sound they had in that song. U.K. I think are superb and were ahead of their time and blazed the way for the other supergroup ASIA. Anyway I'm a big fan of John Wetton vocally and song writing. Oh, and he played bass too !

In keeping with the sounds of the 70th I'm grateful to @Bud for recommending some excellent VST clones of the era. Some sore dick deals to be sure.

Waves CP80 (Yamaha Electric Grand clone)
Memory Moon ME80 (Yamaha CS80 clone (middle 8 drone)
Cherry Audio Quadra (ARP clone - Lead Synth)
Orange Tree (Jaco Bass for Kontakt)

Bud Weiser

Re: Rendezvous 602

Post by Bud Weiser »

Cool ! Sounds great on my tiny Presonus Eris E3.5 portable monitors I use w/ my laptop.

Never heard that Waves CP80 before.
I´m not a fan of the CP70/80,- I never was ... but this is a very good clone for sure.

The excellent sounding bass is a bit too loud for my taste, but can also be it´s the speakers standing on the livingroom table and in a for audio non-optimized room.

I like UK,- good cover !

:)

Bud