DAWman / Jimmy

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

garyb

Re: DAWman / Jimmy

Post by garyb »

got a call this morning. terrible.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

boggled ... I´m shocked.
This is so sad,- I´ll miss him

R.I.P JImmy
mausmuso

Post by mausmuso »

So, so sad
Always looked forward to his next post
Is there a way we could honour him here on Plz?
R.I.P Jimmy
maus
fra77x2

Post by fra77x2 »

Very sad news. I knew Jimmy for so many years. I have designed a number of devices for him.
What is going on? JoPo, kensuguro, now Jimmy. I am speechless. Goodbye Jimmy. RIP.
johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

After I heard about this, I posted the following on my Solaris Forum. I hope his son won’t mind that I reprinted his message:

I know many of you here are aware of the many posts and contributions a fellow Solaris owner known as Jimmy V. (as well as dawman or several others) has made to the Solaris community. I just got news that he has passed away! I met Jimmy when I went to Las Vegas to make a ‘service call’ on his Solaris, many, many years ago. He brought his over to my hotel room, where I ended up working on it for the entire day, and meeting back with him shortly after 6pm. He thanked me and took off, and I ended up just going to the Strip by myself for dinner, etc.. That’s the only time I ever met or saw him, but he was always very funny on the (Creamware) Scope forums, and once he got a Solaris, equally as active here. I also have many emails from him. A real character but authentic and personable as you would want - and quite a good musician from what I heard. Definitely a real loss to the synth community. Here’s a post his son put up on another forum:

"Hey everyone this is dawman jr. again, unfortunately pops passed away today. I'm deeply saddened by the loss but happy that he had a community here that felt the wrath of his mean keyboard skills and personality. I can remember him logging on to our old dial up PC when I was a boy just to feverishly come on here and blast you guys with his usual rhetoric. He kept me updated with the events on the forum, and he talked about all of you like buddies that hung out every weekend. I will miss him forever as I'm sure you guys will as well. When it comes to his musical inclination, I have crater sized footprints to fill, there will never be another dawman/diaper Jim/mamba Jim/dyp , Ankyu."

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/sets/solaris-demos-1
http://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/sets/sol...akt-tunes/

For Dawman Jr. - I am so sorry for your (and our) loss. I really had a lot of respect for your dad’s thoughts and posts, even those that were somewhat irreverent. He made me laugh often, too.

Rest in peace, Jimmy....you will be greatly missed!
LorenOA76

Post by LorenOA76 »

Sorry for your loss Dawman jr., your dad was a great musician and person and was always there to help anyone at the forum

Rest In Peace dear Jimmy!!

We will be remember and miss him so much!!
dawman

Post by dawman »

Thank you to everyone for your words, I will be on here off and on for a while one of my dads final wishes was to come on here and enlist your help to find a proper place to sell his XITE-1 I’ll be keeping a lot of his gear but when it came to the xite he was pretty adamant on me selling it, in his own words it is “too much power for me” and he is right I’m a regular FLstudio with an RME hammerfall enjoyer. It is so good to hear from all of you though, I can recognize most of the usernames, that’s how often my pops spoke of all of you.

To johnbowen: that is fine, I know there are a lot of forums my dad was active on so if anyone would like to pass the message on that is fine, he had a pretty big hand in this community so it is hard for me to know everywhere he was. Solaris was my first vessel into synthesis, I used to stare at my pops making patches on that beast for hours and slap the keys to test the patch for him (most often the patch would come out being named something with “fat” or “bastard” in it)

It goes without saying that I have much to get in order so forgive me if it takes me a while to get back on here but I will be on back and forth when I have the time.
Ripper

Post by Ripper »

This is one of those... Ufff.
Rest in Peace Jimmy.
Stay strong Jr.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

dawman wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:04 am Thank you to everyone for your words, I will be on here off and on for a while one of my dads final wishes was to come on here and enlist your help to find a proper place to sell his XITE-1 I’ll be keeping a lot of his gear but when it came to the xite he was pretty adamant on me selling it, in his own words it is “too much power for me” and he is right I’m a regular FLstudio with an RME hammerfall enjoyer. It is so good to hear from all of you though, I can recognize most of the usernames, that’s how often my pops spoke of all of you.

To johnbowen: that is fine, I know there are a lot of forums my dad was active on so if anyone would like to pass the message on that is fine, he had a pretty big hand in this community so it is hard for me to know everywhere he was. Solaris was my first vessel into synthesis, I used to stare at my pops making patches on that beast for hours and slap the keys to test the patch for him (most often the patch would come out being named something with “fat” or “bastard” in it)

It goes without saying that I have much to get in order so forgive me if it takes me a while to get back on here but I will be on back and forth when I have the time.
dawman jr.,- I´d wish you keep XITE-1 and SCOPE and use it,- in the sense of your pa !
My deep condolence to your loss !
I deeply regret I missed the chance meeting Jimmy years ago when he was on a europaen tour as a keyboardist.
When he contacted me and I explained my mobility issues and inability to travel, he was a bit heavy hearted and just only said "oh Bud ...".

You know, we exchanged private photos and other info beyond being musicians, gear and SCOPE.
In 2021, he planned visiting germany being interested in his roots,- and we again planned to meet in person,- but Covid19 destroyed all.
I really appreciated and loved Jimmy´s intelligence and humour,- he made me laugh so often when reading his posts here @PlanetZ as also when contacting me via my private email addy.
He sent me his Z97 AsRock board for free and was pi##ed when I sent some bucks nonetheless and said "buy some german beer and Jager".
I have 2 email addys to contact Jimmy private and tried several times this year,- but no reply,- so I hoped what I feared won´t happen,- but now it did.
Truly a big loss for me !

I wish you all the strength necessary to get past this difficult time.
It's always hard to lose someone you really love.

Bud
dante

Post by dante »

Super bummed out by this. But, we need to celebrate his time so I have some materials, some shareable PM's and Scoperise contributions and funny stuff which would be a suitable for a Scoperise tribute page.

Anyone can contribute. I'm sure there's (appropriate) unread Jimmy stuff around which would be like giving him the last word.

My mission for this year.

Ankyu JAV for your outstanding contributions.
spacef

Post by spacef »

(EDITED) This is a very sad news, I had a feeling about that a few days ago. I will regret Jimmy V / Dawman, a strong supporter of the Scope platform and developers for many years. He was very supportive even though I know he did not use my recent stuff a lot, as he was a keyboard player and needed simpler and more direct things and not really about eurorack modular patching and sound experimentations. He liked the midi CC devices and other little things that allowed him to do tricks and control several things with one fader.

He had a special comment for devs like me such as "Man or Myth.... (name of device maker) " . Simple, powerful and motivating words.

He ordered the "Fat Bastard" live mixer as a special development for him, and I did what I could. He has a unique version of the mixer with old guns, like a sign of the old wild west, which is not on the released version because of heated anti-gun discussions here, even though it was just a cool "wild west" graphic. Anyways, I always thought that one day I would visit him in Vegas, and we would have a lot of fun and do crazy stuff, and I am saddened that it will not happen. No reason to go to Vegas anymore, or may be for the "cackling hens" but without a guide like Jimmy it will be tasteless :-) Well, I can't express in English all I would like to say so... Farewell Jimmy, you are in heaven now, maybe playing sounds and melodies that no one ever heard before to back angels choirs or something...
All my condolences to Dawman Jr (thanks for coming here to post the information) and to all his family and loved ones. Rest in Peace
Last edited by spacef on Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
valis

Post by valis »

Not afraid of guns here, I grew up in Texas.
GordonGekko

Post by GordonGekko »

Sad news. Didn’t know him but I noticed he was a social guy. What did he die of? He wasn’t that old? Anyways rip jimmy and my condolences to you jr. Be strong
Xite Knight v2.0

Post by Xite Knight v2.0 »

Yes, be well jr. I just heard about this, and I struggle to find words. Rest in peace Jimmy.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Bud Weiser wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:54 am
dawman wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:04 am Thank you to everyone for your words, I will be on here off and on for a while one of my dads final wishes was to come on here and enlist your help to find a proper place to sell his XITE-1 I’ll be keeping a lot of his gear but when it came to the xite he was pretty adamant on me selling it, in his own words it is “too much power for me” and he is right I’m a regular FLstudio with an RME hammerfall enjoyer. It is so good to hear from all of you though, I can recognize most of the usernames, that’s how often my pops spoke of all of you.

dawman jr.,- I´d wish you keep XITE-1 and SCOPE and use it,- in the sense of your pa !
My deep condolence to your loss !
I deeply regret I missed the chance meeting Jimmy years ago when he was on a europaen tour as a keyboardist.
When he contacted me and I explained my mobility issues and inability to travel, he was a bit heavy hearted and just only said "oh Bud ...".

You know, we exchanged private photos and other info beyond being musicians, gear and SCOPE.
In 2021, he planned visiting germany being interested in his roots,- and we again planned to meet in person,- but Covid19 destroyed all.
I really appreciated and loved Jimmy´s intelligence and humour,- he made me laugh so often when reading his posts here @PlanetZ as also when contacting me via my private email addy.
He sent me his Z97 AsRock board for free and was pi##ed when I sent some bucks nonetheless and said "buy some german beer and Jager".
I have 2 email addys to contact Jimmy private and tried several times this year,- but no reply,- so I hoped what I feared won´t happen,- but now it did.
Truly a big loss for me !

I wish you all the strength necessary to get past this difficult time.
It's always hard to lose someone you really love.

Bud

Yea you know I didn’t want to go against his wishes but I think my dad just worried and wanted to leave as much behind as possible for us but the more I think about it I think I will keep it, plus it gives me a reason to come back on here and bother you guys.

But yeah Covid ruined a lot of things, it was the first time in my life I seen my pops not going out and gigging in a band. As for that ASRock board I remember that, my pops had about 3 sitting in the garage and I can tell you he did exactly that with the money. He told me “my buddy said to get this beer” I believe it was Pilsner Urquell or something like that, I had a few with him that day and some shots of Jager (as I’m doing now for him)

I appreciate your remembrance and stories of him Bud
dante

Post by dante »

Right now maybe he'd be saying stuff like 'A parent doesn't expect to be outlived by his Scope cards'.
RA

Post by RA »

Oh my god guys! This really is a terrible loss. Jimmy was so incredibly kind and considerate. Like a brother you never had or the friend you'd like to have. Always in for a joke or a pm or a comment. I am really so shocked about reading on his loss. I was to busy with my personal struggles so i did not know he had health issues. I feel so guilty now for not jyst dropping him a little pm.

@Dawman Jr: i feel really sorry for you loss, your dad really was a one of a kind. I hope you were able to say everything you needed to say to your dad, i hope his loss will find a place in your broken heart, and you should really realise that on planetz he really is a LEGEND! He will be missed in an unimaginable way! He lives on in our hearts and thoughts.

I am sure i speak for everyone that we wish you and your family, the lovely people left behind, a lot of strength and peace in dealing with his passing.

Our thoughts really are with you.
Take care!

Sincerely,
Ray
- We're freaks about gearz and methods -
More on dNa: http://dnamusic.nl
Holger Drenkelfort

Post by Holger Drenkelfort »

Dear all,

It is hard to express my feelings when I heard about Jimmy has passed away. I not even was aware that Jimmy was obviously that sick since the beginning of this year. So, this sad news reached me as a brutal cut.

Jimmy was one of the guys who has followed his heart, and he called himself “SCOPE4LIVE” when I met him first in 2009 at the NAMM show in Anaheim / Los Angeles. At this time to me it was not clear if we will continue SCOPE. But Jimmy, he came over from Las Vegas, where he lived, to L.A. “just to meet you people from Sonic Core”, he said. With his enthusiasm, Jimmy was the flame for my decision and motivation to continue SCOPE at that time. He was the one who made the difference. Jimmy made me aware of that SCOPE is important for some people, for the SCOPE community. So, I did my best. Even if I should have made it better.

Jimmy always was and will be a unique ingrediency of the elixir of SCOPE. And he was a unique part of the essence of my personal way and life. And this will stay to me as a "JIMMYV4LIVE". Ankyu Brotha Man!

I just have an idea of what it means to Jimmy’s family and closest friends to now be without him. Since even to me it feels like I lost parts of my heart, my dreams, my sense.

My sincere condolences from the bottom of my heart.

Holger Drenkelfort
Sonic Core GmbH

Ihr Lieben,

es ist schwer, meine Gefühle zu beschreiben, seit ich vom Tod von Jimmy erfahren habe. Mir war gar nicht bewusst, dass Jimmy seit Anfang des Jahres offensichtlich so krank war. So erreichte mich diese traurige Nachricht als brutaler Schnitt.

Jimmy war einer der Jungs, die seinem Herzen gefolgt sind, und er nannte sich „SCOPE4LIVE“, als ich ihn 2009 auf der NAMM-Show in Anaheim / Los Angeles zum ersten Mal traf. Zu diesem Zeitpunkt war für mich nicht klar, ob wir SCOPE fortsetzen werden. Aber Jimmy, er kam aus Las Vegas, wo er lebte, nach L.A., „nur um euch Leute von Sonic Core zu treffen“, sagte er. Mit seinem Enthusiasmus war Jimmy damals die Flamme für meine Entscheidung und Motivation, SCOPE weiterzuführen. Er war derjenige, der den Unterschied gemacht hat. Jimmy hat mir bewusst gemacht, dass SCOPE für einige Leute wichtig ist, für die SCOPE-Community. Also tat ich mein Bestes. Auch wenn ich es hätte besser machen sollen.

Jimmy war und wird immer ein einzigartiger Bestandteil des Elixiers von SCOPE sein. Und er war ein einzigartiger Teil der Essenz meines persönlichen Weges und Lebens. Und das wird mir als dankbares „JIMMYV4LIVE“ in Erinnerung bleiben. Ankyu Brotha Man!

Ich habe nur eine Vorstellung davon, was es für Jimmys Familie und engste Freunde bedeutet, jetzt ohne ihn zu sein. Denn selbst für mich fühlt es sich an, als hätte ich Teile meines Herzens, meiner Träume, meines Sinns verloren.

Mein aufrichtiges Beileid aus tiefstem Herzen.

Holger Drenkelfort
Sonic Core GmbH
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

What can be said that hasn't been said about the legend.
I'm speechless and my heart aches.....RIP Jimmy....Ankyuvarymush....
Joel
RP_001

Post by RP_001 »

So saddened and shocked hearing about JimmyV passing away. Thank you for all your endless help all these years. Your enthousiasm and humor will be missed. My condoleances to Dawman jr. with this great loss. RIP JimmyV :(