SCOPE 7 works with Windows 11!

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

mausmuso

Re: SCOPE 7 works with Windows 11!

Post by mausmuso »

Thanks a lot for your report.
I thought that Cubase Pro 12 works without a dongle.
…Or maybe your errors were related to upgrading to 12 from a previous USB elicenser license?
Sorry you are right Cubase 12 is licensed the new way.
Its was not Cubase 12 itself it was some of the plugs and content that was causing issues with the eLicenser.
maus
Xite Knight v2.0

Post by Xite Knight v2.0 »

mausmuso wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:55 pm
Thanks a lot for your report.
I thought that Cubase Pro 12 works without a dongle.
…Or maybe your errors were related to upgrading to 12 from a previous USB elicenser license?
Sorry you are right Cubase 12 is licensed the new way.
Its was not Cubase 12 itself it was some of the plugs and content that was causing issues with the eLicenser.
maus
Thanks. I was just curious. Planning to upgrade from 11 to 12 myself at some point.
valis

Post by valis »

FYI iLok (licensed to machine & USB dongle) works here on Win11, but this is a fresh install.

Some of the Win11 BSOD's might be related to a Win11 updates and subsystems. For instance in March there was an update to FIX DirectX/Wifi/SMB (file sharing) causing BSOD's, and then just 8 days ago another update was released that causes BSOD's for some.
mausmuso

Post by mausmuso »

valis wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 2:45 am FYI iLok (licensed to machine & USB dongle) works here on Win11, but this is a fresh install.

Some of the Win11 BSOD's might be related to a Win11 updates and subsystems. For instance in March there was an update to FIX DirectX/Wifi/SMB (file sharing) causing BSOD's, and then just 8 days ago another update was released that causes BSOD's for some.
Yes iLok works with Win 11, but is not compatible with Bit Defender antivirus and that is why I have stopped using it. Sorry for any confusion on that front.
I saw that there was a so called fix in March for the BSOD's. Maybe that fixed some general win 11 update issues and I have in fact another issue related just to 'Stardock Multiplicity' which I use as a KVM switch to connect my main DAW to a secondary PC (with a Pulsar 2 card in it) and a backup server.
All I know is I can update windows with no issues provided I disable the Multiplicty service first. I just assumed it was related to the DirectX/SMB issue - maybe its not.
I think if people are having issues with win 11 updates, I would look at network related services first and maybe disable them and see if that helps.
regards
maus
garyb

Post by garyb »

it's the new paradign. updates must happen. i keep arguing against the current direction in hard and software, but the system must "progress"(while emulating everything that was ever cool or unique, so always moving forward while looking backward). the plan is that your computer is just a terminal(or haven't you seen the movies?) windows 10 was the first OS to embody the concept more or less in full. Windows 11 is the next step. things are a little different than when these systems began. beginning with win10, the OS MUST update, or it will keep trying and that will be troublesome. for music machines, that is a click making proposition. win10 and win11 machines are designed to be online at all times.

depending on what kind of browsing you are into, it might make more sense to let m$ handle antivirus. there have been some convincing arguments about this...