Pulsar I and Pulsar II prices

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Music Manic

Pulsar I and Pulsar II prices

Post by Music Manic »

What is the going price for aPulsar I and Pulsar II now?

Thanks
yayajohn

Re: Pulsar I and Pulsar II prices

Post by yayajohn »

Depends
What configuration (cable whip)
What plugins
Used or new old stock
P1 I wouldn't expect more than 100-150
Bud Weiser

Re: Pulsar I and Pulsar II prices

Post by Bud Weiser »

I bought 5 (five !) Pulsar-2 w/ 4 Pro cable whips, basic SCOPE 4.5 and Cutmaster Pro keys for a total of EUR 360,- incl. shipping (less than EUR 10,-).
Excellent condition.
I found ´em on ebay classifieds, somewhat bad advertised, only 1 pic and not much info.
I observed advertisment and recognized no one wanted the cards,- then I contacted seller and voilà ...
It needed several emails ´cause the seller had not much clue about dependencies of hardware and application and devices´ activation.
The latter is exactly what I recognize often when Scope cards are being offered,- the sellers think they can sell w/o keys and software.
Some inherit gear from father etc..

Buying here @ PlanetZ is good because here´s the knowledge and community support.
But you can find cheap and fully functional gear when YOU have the knowledge and the seller doesn´t. :D
It drops average prices though ...

I often see Pulsar-1 for EUR 80 - 150,- , Pulsar-2 approx. EUR 120 - 300,- and Scope Pro/ Power Pulsar for about EUR 300 - 600,- ... all working condition and depending on I/O plate, cable whip, Scope version and optional/ 3rd party devices.
Most come w/ Classic 20/20 whips or even no whip at all.
Some owners throw in STDM cable(s),- some put their ribbons into a separate offer.

Pro plates and whips seem to be very rare,- like Z-Link and Sync-plates.

Luna I and II cards appear most frequently and are the cheapest by nature.
Some come w/ their related old Creamware I/O boxes.

I only buy Power Pulsar (gen2), Scope Pro or Pulsar-2 because of lower latency and I take care of manufacturing date on the card´s sticker as also for the plastic screws holding I/O plates in place.
I haven´t found any ressource for these plastic screw replacements.
If there´s any,- plz post.

Up to now, I never had a single issue,- not even w/ my oldest Power Pulsar (gen2) 15 DSP card.

:)

Bud