Plogue Bidule

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ChristianB

Plogue Bidule

Post by ChristianB »

HI All.

I'm having problem with opening the Demo of Plogue Bidule Standalone. It goes for 1 or 2 minutes on the opening screen and then my computer goes blue screen and restart. Just like it was for v2 of Bitwig a while ago.
I know Jimmy V is using BIdule... Any ideas?

Thanks
valis

Re: Plogue Bidule

Post by valis »

What version of Windows, Scope and Bidule?
dawman

Post by dawman »

ImageBidule has a log file, which you can post at the forum where the devs will reply with the problem and fixes.

15 years with 100% stability for me, and personal fixes for Scope before they updated to 7.

Best forum for custom layouts as members compete with each other to help out lazy guys like me.

I even have SR Pro call up GUIs of VSTs.
Bidule + Scope are the best live performance tools on the market, period..
Attachments
C73F57F0-1F9D-40DD-9653-8E606FC6827D.jpeg
C73F57F0-1F9D-40DD-9653-8E606FC6827D.jpeg (75.74 KiB) Viewed 1925 times
ChristianB

Post by ChristianB »

Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 OS build 19042.1110
Scope 7.0.1706_x64
Bidule The latest, I just downlowded the demo
dawman

Post by dawman »

Please sign into their forum. So many various uses you’re bound to find whatever you need, and if not a custom builder guy like Jermsi will make one for you. He does this for free but I always spot him a twenty.

Custom skins are really cool too.
I matched mine up with XITE-1 Color scheme.
ChristianB

Post by ChristianB »

I'd like to use the VST version of Bidule... But VST version is not available for demo.
For now it's very simple what I want to do.
I'd like to do a mix in Quad of a new piece... It is in Cubase 10.5
So I would use Bidule to have 4 ins and 4 out so I can create reverbs and Delay and a master chain in Quad but using double stereo FX.
I dont want to buy 5.1 FX.
I know that DDMF Metaplugin is doing that. But it's offering less possibility than Bidule.
Do you think that the VST version of Bidule could have 4ins and 4outs (even more I guess), Like Reaktor ?
dawman

Post by dawman »

You can create it as a Group using Various mixer configurations.

As we speak I am using SoftTube Marshall Plexi to recieve audio from my HX3.5 Hammond module in Scope.
I need a Switcher in Scope Project Window to send to ASIO, then ASIO out into STM2448. Auto switcher will switch back to HX3 module out to STM2448 for non Deep Purple/Steppenwolf levels of distortion.

Two apps with exceptional easy to view (both modular GUI) routing that automated in real time thanks to SR Pro (artist formerly known as PRJ Preset List).

At one time I was so addicted to routing I actually had chilled Jagermeister in my Windshield Wiper Fluid Container. Re router the hoses through my ashtray for chilled Jager on breaks. Chicks really dug the idea as Tahoe is way cold in winter, perfect for re routing. Schwing!!!!
dawman

Post by dawman »

Just realized I can switch to BUSS in STM since SR Pro remembers every move.

Once you get going on Bidule, if you want to learn the insane routings and automations SR Pro provides, the very same MIDI PrgmChng messages used for SR Pro can recall certain Windows and GUIs in Bidule.

Very fast workflow as live performance demands can be used for editing and recording that really make it a breeze.

Let me know how VST works out.
It worked for me in Reaper but not sure if Cubase has the same flexibility.
valis

Post by valis »

Christian, are you running Scope with ASIO, wave & midi modules present, before running Bidule?

And are you running Xite or Scope PCI cards?

(Feel free to post a screenshot of your Scope project).
ChristianB

Post by ChristianB »

Running only Asio with midi in/out and midi sequencer. No wave. And it's all in Xite. I have 2 pci in the same computer that I use as if they were outside. So no Asio or Midi sequencer. Only ADAT and Midi source input.
The PCI is on 5.1 and Xite on 7.latest.
I got in touch with the dev. Fast response!
I sent him the crash file (Bidule.log) and he came back with a .reg file for Bidule to skip the DirectSound of scope. Because that's where the first crash happened.
But no luck with that. Sent him the new crash file. He return a .reg file. This time to skip all until Asio.
No luck with this one too. The crash was toofast for the log file to register anything.
That's where I am now.
I bought the full version in order to use the VST version of Bidule, So I can start working now.

Dawman. You have a working Bidule on Scope version? Xite or PCI?
I'm wondering if it would help if you sent me your Bidule.log file? So the dev might be able to see somethings.
valis

Post by valis »

Try enabling your on board sound for the motherboard and see if that helps, my default visual project does come up with a direct sound module in it rather than ASIO

Alternatively, you might have Jimmy save you a project for Xite that you can put as the default bidule project (using the same ASIO drivers on bot ends).
dawman

Post by dawman »

I can make you a project if you tell me what you need for ASIO source channel count and ASIO Dest channel count.
Name the mixer you use, I have everyone made by SDK and Soniccore.

I will send you the basics.
All you need do is open XITE-1 project, then click on Bidule Layout, but don’t put it in a folder. But as a shortcut on the desktop.

Tomorrow I can send something if you want.
ChristianB

Post by ChristianB »

I sent a new Bibule.log today. Let's see if they got a solution.
Thanks
valis

Post by valis »

It’s the default bidule project. It loads direct sound module for audio output, and Xite doesn’t have wave drivers present in your project. If it still crashes after adding a wave source to your projects (and in the device manager driver panel) then it’s either los using onboard sound driver or change the default bidule project (NOT your Scope/Xite project) so that Bidule starts with ASIO module instead of directsound (bidule can only attach to one driver at a time so you wouldn’t be able to have both).
dawman

Post by dawman »

ChristianB wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:41 pm I sent a new Bibule.log today. Let's see if they got a solution.
Thanks
I would try saving a Bidule project and load from there.

For example a totally blank one, nothing. Then add what you want and save to Desktop, always launching after Scope from the desktop.

I’ve done this for years now as it avoids a problem I encountered.
Have no idea what it was and didn’t care because this solved any problems I had with Kontakt, PTeq, Omnisphere and Scope DSP.

Good luck. Once it’s working you’ll love Bidule and it’s easily visible routings, just like Scope DSP.