Music at the Z

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

valis

Music at the Z

Post by valis »

Do you write music all the time? Have you been productive with recent downtime?..or at least recently enough to care to share what you're up to?

Let's just say we're in the mood for some new influences and would love to hear some of the sounds from the Z membership.

Thanks!
ronnie

Re: Music at the Z

Post by ronnie »

Please check out https://www.dorisbenvenisti.com She worked with Santana and many others back in the day when she was on staff with CBS on the west coast. I was in NYC getting gigs at the AFM local 802 union hall in the Roseland Ballroom on the legendary 52nd Street.

The AFM sponsored me for a fully paid scholarship at the CUNY master's in music program so I could sight read "Pidgeon shit on sheet music".

I was working for CBS in NYC and we met in NYC and within two weeks we were engaged. I've been goading her for years to sing again.

Finally she gave it a shot during the quarantine or else we would have killed each other!

So I made her a website.

MIDI and audio in Cakewalk on Analog, ASIO and ADAT Scope 5.1.
The same system I bought in 2002-2003. Only the box, Scope, CPU, OS, Drives and RAM have been upgraded over the last 18 years!
Last edited by ronnie on Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
valis

Post by valis »

This is great, appreciate the inspiration and will give it a listen. Though I know we have Scoperise and other avenues to find each other I thought it might be an interesting listening exercise.
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

All she did was sing. Yours truly did everything else in Scope. Been here since 2003! This was done over the last 6 to 8 weeks. She picked the tunes.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
valis

Post by valis »

Understood, I had thought you meant to just share something you were into, but I think I glossed over the production credits on the bottom when I was reading on mobile. Thanks for sharing :)
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

:wink:
dawman

Post by dawman »

Awesome Ronnie. Great voicings on the Ivories.
Glad to see you’re busy creating.
Sounds like an Acoustic Grand Piano, not a VST.
But if it is a VST you’re using it’s best range.

Cheerz
dawman

Post by dawman »

I’ve never been able to recover my workflow since losing VDAT.
I can’t use a DAW very well as my impatience and lack of knowledge ruins my creativity.
But waiting for Maschine Plus next week and hope to overcome my mental block having hardware instead of a mouse.
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

dawman wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:23 am I’ve never been able to recover my workflow since losing VDAT.
I can’t use a DAW very well as my impatience and lack of knowledge ruins my creativity.
But waiting for Maschine Plus next week and hope to overcome my mental block having hardware instead of a mouse.
I get the VDAT loss. For me the recorder in VBmeeter is a perfect replacement. Course I run the ASIO and ADAT out of my DAW so it works for me but the WAV and MP3 out of Cakewalk is great when you run Scope back into it and export. I also hate the workflow shit but tweaking everything can be rewarding. I'd rather be playing and have someone else engineer for sure but I'd have to sit there anyway with some primadonna who I'd like to strangle! Course he knows best. lol. And rips me blind. I've been using Cakewalk from the DOS days so it"s in my blood.
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

dawman wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:57 am Awesome Ronnie. Great voicings on the Ivories.
Glad to see you’re busy creating.
Sounds like an Acoustic Grand Piano, not a VST.
But if it is a VST you’re using it’s best range.

Cheerz
Its a Pianoteq Steinway B set at new with velocity and pedal curves set. Too much pedal and it cracks up like no tomorrow. It actually helped my leadfoot but it can be tricky to gauge so you don't get bit in the ass. Will kill your concentration so don't even think about editing control changes. The Anton Petrof is also very sweet.

Thanks for the complement. Means a lot coming from you.

Ankyu, ankyu vurry much. :D
dante

Post by dante »

Great vocals with contemporary spin on classic styles. Thumbs up.
dante

Post by dante »

Here's a fake live concert of a 90's band I was in - made with the fake crowd Rack Extension I got recently. I dont think your soundcloud embed allows for playlists, so no graphics :

https://soundcloud.com/hitfoundry/sets/amorosa-live
Fake Fans
Fake Fans
fake-fans.jpg (62.15 KiB) Viewed 23249 times
BTW, I have made 170 remixes in 18 months since getting Harrison Mixbus - target 200 by years end.
Ditykman

Post by Ditykman »

Hello
my contributon with only scope synths and effect
live with psychedelics images

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... o1aaisMVE-

Thanks scope!!!!
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Très créatif. J'adore la vidéo. Très cinématographique. Pour une raison quelconque, j'entends "Enya" en plus. Très agréable.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I gotta record now, y’all have inspired me with your creativity.
10 days Maschine + is mine.

Let’s see if I can read a manual still.
dante

Post by dante »

Have you had Maschine+ for 10 days, or do you mean it arrives in 10 days ? cant wait to hear you jammin ure Solaris over your toes tappin on Maschine+ pad grooves
dawman

Post by dawman »

Ten Days ETA.
Max’d out my card but must be ready for 2021.
AkaI MPC just wasn’t doing it.
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

dawman wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:20 pm Ten Days ETA.
Max’d out my card but must be ready for 2021.
AkaI MPC just wasn’t doing it.
LOL. Just went into Plandemic Debt Consolidation.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I’m fixing to pay it off then stiff everyone at Christmas.
I’m just shocked how MIDI seems less & less important as this unit won’t control other devices unless a “Group” gets created in software, then transferred via SD Card to hardware.
Making beats is the priority, so I must learn this new complicated machinery that overlooks decades long automation standards.
Note repeat is something I do with my fingers, but hallelujah 1 button will now spit out rhythms for me.

Should be fun living like a Spartan 6 weeks for beats...

Ankyu
valis

Post by valis »

You live like a spartan already since you are always minimizing what you take on stage. The added 'midi' mode for my Maschine Studio controller has probably never been used as I have enough options in here. I also tended to duplicate my live rig in the studio when I was doing the visual gigs, rather than say repurposing existing hardware to get as much mileage as possible ( I have 2 MPD 32's and such here for this reason, that way I always have a backup and the one that stays homebound is always free of dust & grime, festivals especially were murder on my controllers & computers).