dante

Re: Will Scope work on a 4K display?

Post by dante »

Works on my 27" 1920 X 1080 monitors
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

You will love the real estate!
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
valis

Post by valis »

Actually, how does Scope handle Win10's scaling feature? Does it stay fixed at 'native size' of the bitmaps or does it scale (and look blurry)?
dante

Post by dante »

Fixed, like all other DAW software thats not Retina GUI. Some UAD plugs are Retina but on Mac only.
valis

Post by valis »

So this would be my biggest concern with a 4k. My 27" 4K''s are a tad small, I prefer 32" personally.

Anyway I'm personally ok with 100% (1:1) scaling on 4k, but I know many people that need 125-150% scaling to read text. A good % of Scope UI's are tiny as is. 1440p might make an acceptable middle ground, or one of the 21:9 monitors that's 1440p high and 2560 ish wide.
dante

Post by dante »

I use 125% scaling when cutting code. Except for one client where the GUI was designed for 100% scaling - when working on that I take frequent breaks to avoid eye strain.
valis

Post by valis »

i have tuned my sitting distance to my monitor over the years so my natural resting point for my eye is in focus where my monitor is. 100% scaling is fine for me even down to 8pt or so, but I am finding my 'width' of my vision near:far is constricting around that resting point the further down the line I go in time.

So I currently have my monitors mounted in an array starting "behind" my desk for my primary (and the one hanging above it). That allowed me to add about another 9"-10" to my resting eye point while working, which has helped me avoid being overly shortsighted I think. I also of course do eye exercises and take frequent breaks now. Anyway, I'm trending off topic so I'll digress...
dante

Post by dante »

Yeah closer sitting distance works but I get slack and tend to rest back in my seat - then eye strain. :x then eye exercises :roll: :roll: :roll:
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

I have astigmatism which normally doesn't affect me too much but when at the computer the glasses make everything look good. I got graduated lenses to accommodate the upper and lower monitors. Works perfectly.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays