Cosmic Messenger

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dante

Cosmic Messenger

Post by dante »

For years I looked for a reasonably priced solo violin VST that didn't come bundled with megabucks cost of 'Hollywood' or 'Vienna' samples and wooden pics. Then came this - enter - the 'Friktion' rack. I used it to revoice this old Jean Luc Ponty classic, and then dusted off the trusty DAS F07 for the EPiano. Years ago I had spent hours trying to program that EP into my Kenton DX7 and found that on the F07 it could be made in nearly 2 minutes using mostly just 2 operators. The Friktion violin is the startup preset straight out of the box, tweaked only 1 CC parameter. And you can feel the modelled Resin without any CC.

Friktion.jpg
Friktion.jpg (190.6 KiB) Viewed 2726 times
dasF07
dasF07
dasF07.jpg (143.56 KiB) Viewed 2726 times
dawman

Re: Cosmic Messenger

Post by dawman »

Coolness.
What’s doing the Fiddle sound.
dante

Post by dante »

The fiddle is Friktion. I already had a few pitch bends and mod wheel CC in the midi track, and I just dropped in Friktion where there was an NNXT sampler and didn't do much else except change the mod wheel CC to a single fixed value from start to finish to give sustain. And all the expression was happening. See the green rectangle (indicating automation) next to the orange 'articulation' triangle. Literally only a 30 second job.

Previously, when using an NNXT sampler, the fiddle melody was either weak in the low notes or weak in the upper notes. Couldnt find a sample that was expressive and powerful across the entire keyboard range but physical modelling defeats that issue I guess.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I love PhysMods.
dante

Post by dante »

This dude had a similar idea from the reason forum, but way more riffy and intricate than mine. Worth a repost here for all u fusion cats lurking around :

yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

I've seen that guy do videos on the Linnstrument. Very talented musician. I'll bet he's using that for the violin app.
dante

Re: Cosmic Messenger and Lilas Dance

Post by dante »

Did similar w/- Lilas's Dance (Mahavishnu). Shreddage Stratus, Friktion, Reason Stingray, Drums and Radical Piano.

dante

Post by dante »

Just found this from Jordan Rudess (big Omnisphere fan) - apparently loves and demo'd Friktion :

https://youtu.be/Cmxrz9_SdHE

Good to see Reason getting up there into the stratospheric heights of Omnisphere

And if that doesnt whet ure whistle check out his battle with Derek Sherinian - prefixed by a neat Maschine+ run through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLj6VP9VA9Q