Special Deal - Never to be seen again !

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

spacef

Special Deal - Never to be seen again !

Post by spacef »

KrOn has been on a reduced price for a few weeks now.
The offer has been extended until July 14th: 69 € instead of 99 €
- Get KrOn now at reduced price and get KrOn II + Mini Kron II when it is released (around July 15th), at no extra-charge.

highlights:
- KrOn II has a latency-free "Quad" modulator (sequential switch), so you can now sequence the step sequencers (allows 64/128 steps, eventhough the max length is 256 steps). Also includes a play mode where you trigger manually each 4 modulators of the quad sections (launching step sequencer patterns manually). The Quad Modulator is not in the mini version, which already allows to build 16 or 32 steps sequences (and more with the use of program changes).
- New T Mix modulator. They are different in KrOn II and KrOn Mini but they allow the same, ie mix modulators together to use as triggers with the envelopes or external gear.
- better colors, text displays etc
- Random modes everywhere
- Allows more, and does not take more DSP than before (may be slightly less)
- other stuff....

Please note: Mini KrOn II will be available separately at a price lower than 69 € (so not interesting to take the deal if only interested in the smaller version). KrOn II upgrade from KrOn I should be subject to a small support fee (affordable to all). Thanks for your understanding.

Offer in the shop --> https://spacef-devices.com/product/kron/
A few words about KrOn II mini --> https://spacef-devices.com/news/announcing-kron-ii/

KrOn II Beta Panel:
Attachments
KRON-IIMax-PREVIEW-02.png
KRON-IIMax-PREVIEW-02.png (780.24 KiB) Viewed 13123 times
Last edited by spacef on Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
dawman

Re: Special Deal - Never to be seen again !

Post by dawman »

That’s a real beauty of a device Mehdi.
valis

Post by valis »

Stickied
spacef

Post by spacef »

Thanks !!
Here is a short video with tempo variations, controlled by Midi CC
--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzDFWzy85Mg

and a longer overview
--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bV6PB6eeKA

Have a nice week!
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Will Kron 2 work at 96khz samplerate on XITE-1 when it is released?
spacef

Post by spacef »

For the moment, it is too big for 96 Khz. You can load 2 at 44.1. 48khz looks fine too.

@96 Khz it is possible to use 2 Mini-Krons; they load without problem at 96 khz.

I will see if I can do something "in between" in terms of dsp usage, just for 96 khz.

(beta panel, work in progress)
Attachments
MINI-KRON.PNG
MINI-KRON.PNG (469.2 KiB) Viewed 12972 times
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Joey

Post by Joey »

it's not a big deal, but on the Kron page there's some html code that you probably wouldn't want there.
spacef

Post by spacef »

I correctedt he pages, it was an old page with code from the old page builder. should be fixed now :-) thanks
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

spacef wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:09 pm
@96 Khz it is possible to use 2 Mini-Krons; they load without problem at 96 khz.

I will see if I can do something "in between" in terms of dsp usage, just for 96 khz.

Space-f, I just purchased Kron from you and i look forward to the free Mini-Kron upgrade. I hope you can make a "in between 96khz version of Kron". I just bought Kron now so that i can get mini-kron later and to fund your attempts at developing a scaled back 96 khz version. Thank you for your response and effort to come with a good solution for 96khz, and thank you for a great product's development! I look forward to using some version of Kron!

PS. Still loving Echo 4 and your ambient delay! They truly are special and amongs the best!

EDITED
spacef

Post by spacef »

Thanks Sounddesigner, it is very appreciated.
I have sent you an email for the activation process.
Yes, I have already planned the 96 khz version. I must finish what I am doing now and will begin shortly.
LEt's stay in touch :-)
Mehdi
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

I'll definitely be keeping a eye on Kron's future developments. You have my attention for sure :) ... Good luck with all versions of Kron! Your email was received and responded to. All the best!
spacef

Post by spacef »

Let's play it like kickstarter :-)
Dev news update :-)

I often need to post a pic publicly because then I realize things that are wrong, stuff that I don't see at home while making the device.

I added "inverse" button on almost all mixer slots, because it is really needed with eurorack. The inverse also acts like a kind of polarizer with LFOs, making them easier to use with external synths (they will sound as you expect them to sound).
I also re-implemented the LFOs fade in/out, because i finally found the right values to make it work in an interesting manner, and it is really cool. It is triggered by notes-on only.

I think I am going to redo the whole output section of Mini Kron, because right now it has the same switch as the big KrOn, with "--" when there are missing modulators. This was done for compatibility of presets with the big KrOns, but it looks a bit unfinished. I will make the right outputs for mini-KrOn without thinking about preset compatibility of the outputs, because the occasions where a user exchange presets between those two devices are not numerous. Moreover, presets are compatible, sub-preset lists are useable, and the few values that need to be manually reset after a preset is exchanged, are less than a dozen.

There are two other devices that are not yet ready for show time, and it is a big KrOn, cut in two (Pitch and modulators with a quad switch) and that can be connected together if needed.

Naming is difficult but we'll have this:
- KrOn 2 Max: includes tables for DSP, V/Oct, Hz/V
- KrOn 2: includes DSP and V/*Oct only (no Hz/V table).
- Mini-KrOn 2: cute and efficient, great for smaller dsp setups or limited number of external synths/modules.
- Pitch 64: 2*32 step (pitch+val) with quad
- Moduls: the bottom of KrOn, without the pitch sequencers (well, pitch 3/ 8 steps is still there).
- May be I will do a "Trigger 32" seperate device. but that will probably be for August/september because it requires a rebuild of some parts (+ experiments of various functionalities, additional graphics etc).

The 3 first devices of this list will be ready for mid july as initially announced. hopefully the other ones too, but an extra week or two might be needed for those ones because unplanned redesigns are always necessary.

Cheese !
Attachments
KRON-2-MAX-BETA.png
KRON-2-MAX-BETA.png (161.93 KiB) Viewed 12576 times
MINI-KRON2-BETA2.png
MINI-KRON2-BETA2.png (389.99 KiB) Viewed 12576 times
Last edited by spacef on Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Post by spacef »

btw, if you bought KrOn after 1998 (before JC), the update to KrOn 2 / KrOn 2 Max will be free. it is the additional/smaller devices that are not included in the update.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Post by spacef »

Some spacey trance pre-1995 style KrOn + Eurorack + BB3 Osc 2
it's more or less the default preset of KrOn 2 ...
Details on YouTube
Play ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63dLKQ3 ... e=youtu.be
Attachments
YT-THUIMB.png
YT-THUIMB.png (517.99 KiB) Viewed 12464 times
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Post by spacef »

KrOn & KrOn Max pack updates are ready for download from your account on https://spacef-devices.com/

Free update. No new manual for the time being: KrOn 1 manual covers almost everything, and the additions are not very complicated to understand. However, feel free to ask questions in a KrOn's thread of your choice.

KrOn now includes
Kron v1 (now legacy device)
KrOn 2 Max (DSP, V/Oct, Hz/V)
KrOn 2 (DSP and V/Oct only)
KrOn 2 Mini
KrOn 2 Mini b (for laptops)
Volcano DSP synth
JunZ DSP synth
Midi to CV

KrOn Max Pack now includes
KrOn v1 (now legacy device).
KrOn 2 Max (DSP, V/Oct, Hz/V)
KrOn 2 (DSP and V/oct  only, no Hz/V ).
KrOn 2 Mini
KrOn 2 Mini (for laptops)
Volcano
JunZ
Spirit
Magma
FMZ
Mini FMZ
Midi to CV

Pics of the mini Kron 2 a and b:
Attachments
Mini-KrOn-2-b.jpg
Mini-KrOn-2-b.jpg (179.24 KiB) Viewed 12424 times
Mini-KrOn-2-a.jpg
Mini-KrOn-2-a.jpg (176.94 KiB) Viewed 12424 times
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Post by spacef »

If you need to reserve a copy at the price of the current offer, just PM me and I will send you a code that will be valid until begining of August.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
dawman

Post by dawman »

Awesome.
Your website looks fantastic too.
Xite Knight v2.0

Post by Xite Knight v2.0 »

spacef wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:44 am
highlights:
- KrOn II has a latency-free "Quad" modulator (sequential switch), so you can now sequence the step sequencers (allows 64/128 steps, eventhough the max length is 256 steps).
Hi Mehdi (or anyone else who can help). I have a (maybe stupid) question on the 'Quad modulator' related to the quote above from your very first post in this thread. I hope it is ok to post my question in this same thread.

Btw, KrOn is a killer product.

Initially, I assumed that I could achieve 128 steps by using the Quad modulator, but so far, my max. is 64 steps.
I used KrOn Pitch64 in my video below, but I get the same result in all other KrOn versions.
I have selected the following in my KrOn Pitch64 Quad : Pitch1 32, Val1 32, Pitch2 32, Val2 32. (actually I selected Pitch1 32 in the video instead of Pitch2 32, by mistake, but it does not change anything)
With those settings, I expected that I would get 4*32 steps - i.e. 128 steps out of the Quad output - assuming that Quad would run through all 32 steps of Pitch1 32 before proceding to Val1 32 etc.
Instead, I get 64 steps: As you can see in my video, Quad runs through the first 16 steps of Pitch1 32, and then jumps to Val1 32, runs through the first 16 steps there, etc.

Am I doing something wrong or is the max. coming out of Quad indeed 64 steps?

https://youtu.be/uH1lN3syMQU
Xite Knight v2.0

Post by Xite Knight v2.0 »

Update. Right after writing this, I found a workaround. Typical.
So when I change the "Seq. Speed" from 1/4 to 1/2 I get the 128 steps that I expected. Now the steps procede at double speed, but I can compensate for that by halfing the BPM from 94 to 47.
If there is any other way to achive 128 steps without halfing the BPM, please let me know :)
spacef

Post by spacef »

In fact the calculations are based on 16 steps. The Quad sequencer must run 8 times slower than the main sequencer (16*8=128 steps). I think the reason is because it was not meant to run slow in the begining, but rather for fast modulation so a base of twice the main tempo was chosen it's only months later that it was possible to use it for long sequences. Anyways it just means the Quad runs at twice the speed of the main Seq Speed. The MAin Seq Speed is not for 32 steps, but for 2*16 steps (it looks the same but it is not :-) )

Check the info on the picture below.
Here it works fine. I can switch the Pitch and Val sequencer for 32*4=128.

basically, when the main Seq Speed is at 1/1 x 1, the quad sequencer should be at 1/2 divided by 4.

basically, when the main Seq Speed is at 1/2 x 1, the quad sequencer should be at 1/4 divided by 4.

There is a limit in how slow scope can go, but it should be fine even at 60 BPM.

Let me know how it goes.

below: gif anim. open in new tab to see 2 pic examples (5 seconds loop)
Attachments
KRON-128-STEPS-2.gif
KRON-128-STEPS-2.gif (311.5 KiB) Viewed 8475 times
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website