FreqText1 has no background

What does that mean ?
(Win7 SP1 64Bit)

:)

Bud
spacef

Re: Scope/XITE > Exception

Post by spacef »

switch off xite, unplug the power cable from the unit a few seconds, then replug.
then restart pc and xite as usual.

of course you do this securely (switch xite off, switch pc off etc). .
nb: you must unplug the power from the unit. unplugging the power supply from your electricity while leaving it on xite may not help (at least not for me).

Last time I had to re-do it a couple of times. so may be pass your fingers on the metal parts after unplugging the power to discharge static electricty (eventhough i don't think it is about static electricity, more about residual memory or something (not sure).
it is something that can happen sometimes after big reinstalls or too many 'hard reboots" of the unit.
there are other messages from the same problem, such as unability to communicate with some dsp at xite start up (dsp 6 i think).

In my case, the above procedure always solves the problem. So I would add "do not worry, your xite is not broken, it will go away".

Let us know
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Thx SpaceF !

Unfortunately.- same message as above.

I don´t get any sound out of XITE-1,- SCOPE v7 standalone,- or as the ASIO audio device for Presonus Studio One Pro 4.x, Reaper 6.0.8, Reason 10.4, Reason 11.2 (or any standalone audio application requireing ASIO).

In DAW apps I can select SCOPE ASIO, but impossible (pre-) selecting audio channels like ASIO #1+2 p.ex.

I also get no MIDI into the project even I double checked (by connecting to another device´s MIDI In) controller keyboard´s MIDI out and MIDI cable works.

The machine worked well w/ Realtek onboard audio, ASIO4ALL, that controller keyboard and all the apps and plugins I have installed.
Now, after I installed SCOPE v7 latest build, nothing works.

Win7 Pro SP1 x64 device manager shows PCR / XITE-1 and Steinberg Midex-8 as "Video-, Audio,- Game Controllers" ... no conflicts like "yellow warning triangles w/ exclamation mark",- and properties for XITE-1 report it works perfect.
MSinfo32 shows XITE on IRQ #16 together w/ several other devices,- but no conflicts obviously.
It´s not about performance at all,- it simply doesn´t work,- no MIDI in, no audio out, no chance to check out ASIO I/O channels.
I recognize SCOPE/XITE, running as master (and until my masterclock arrives), syncs S|C "blackface" A16U as slave perfect to SCOPE S/R setting of 44.1KHz via Z-Link.

I don´t even get sound out of XITE-1 "phones destination" ... possibly because I cannot trigger Minimax v7 via MIDI ...

In Win7 audio configuration settings, I see XITE-1 for playback "speakers" twice (one as "standard") and 2x SPDIF too,- but cannot configurate.
Nothing happens when I click on [configurate] tabs ...
Same for audio input/recording/mic settings.
I also don´t see XITE-1 DIN-MIDI I/Os elsewhere ...

Never had such problems when I bought XITE-1 and installed SCOPE 5.1 on Win XP SP3 machine,- just only the project load times were insanely slow because of mobo data thruput (PCIe v1.1) and SATA-2 HDDs.

Oh well, what a frustrating nitemare.

Bud

Scope v7.0.x_XITE-1 issue.jpg
Scope v7.0.x_XITE-1 issue.jpg (768.95 KiB) Viewed 6406 times
PS1 Pro 4.x_no audio device_1.jpg
PS1 Pro 4.x_no audio device_1.jpg (221.26 KiB) Viewed 6406 times
PS1 Pro 4.x_no audio device_2.jpg
PS1 Pro 4.x_no audio device_2.jpg (240.54 KiB) Viewed 6406 times
spacef

Post by spacef »

have you tried installing scope again ? (over itself) ?

something similar with asio happened when i installed a device that required a ms visual studio update. after install, i lost asio (but all was looking normal in studio one etc). then reinstalled scope over itself (5.1 in my case). then it works again. (off topic just to be clear: in my case scope 7 is fine but i need v5 for my own device updates, which is more difficult to update with sdk 7, that's why i am still on v 5.1).

It looks like you are running into something similar, ie some kind of driver issue. Also make sure that you have the latest version/patch.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

Last edited by Spielraum on Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:17 am, edited 5 times in total.
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

Last edited by Spielraum on Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

spacef

Post by spacef »

i think scope 7 is optimized for win 10.
i don't think you can have scope 7 and scope 5.1 toghether. they don't use the same drivers and they might conflict .
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

spacef

Post by spacef »

i never had any issue concerning graphics.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

spacef wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:49 pm have you tried installing scope again ? (over itself) ?

I´ll try,- but possibly it´s not the culprit...
I made a "My 1st SCOPEv7_XITE" project after I installed SCOPE v7 which already IS the latest build available from S|C ftp - server.
The project loads fine and VERY quick compared to my experiences w/ my outdated WinXP machine.
I can do everything in the environment,- doing all the wireing, load/remove devices, open preset lists for STM 24/96X mixer and Minimax v7, set sample rate as also ASIO buffers in ULLI.
I just only don´t get (actually) XITE-MIDI-In to work as also not any sound out of XITE-1.

spacef wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:49 pm something similar with asio happened when i installed a device that required a ms visual studio update. after install, i lost asio (but all was looking normal in studio one etc). then reinstalled scope over itself (5.1 in my case). then it works again.
Yes, SCOPE installed some MS Visual C++ 2008 redistributable file,- but OTOH, I already had afew of these on the machine,- even the latest 2015 -2019.
AND,- in my case, initialization of ASIO in DAW apps don´t work,- so it´s NOT o.k. in Studio One and all the others too.
spacef wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:49 pm (off topic just to be clear: in my case scope 7 is fine but i need v5 for my own device updates, which is more difficult to update with sdk 7, that's why i am still on v 5.1).

..., ie some kind of driver issue. Also make sure that you have the latest version/patch.
driver issue, possibly YES,- the latter,- see above.

And @ Spielraum: I don´t have XITE-1 non-functional driver, marked w/ yellow warning exclamation mark, like you have above.

Sorry for the small size of my pics above,- it´s original size when converting from bitmap (Paint) to jpeg/jpg.
Possibly hard to recognize w/o using windows screen magnifier ...

Bud
Last edited by Bud Weiser on Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
spacef

Post by spacef »

idea: . try installing the latest ms visual studio for your system from microsoft website. (google ms visual studio redistributable).
reason: your xite seems to work fine, and i think it is something I also did when i had my asio issues. I don't remmeber if i did it after scope install or before...
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
garyb

Post by garyb »

SDK6?!!!

mixing different versions of Scope will not work. they all use different drivers. you must use SDK7 with v7, both use the same driver.

there is so much to see here, i cannot wrap my head around it, it's 7:30am.

depending on the version, Studio One may need to be used in win8 compatibility mode.

the exception appears to be a corrupted project.

o do not know of any email sent to me with these problems.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Hi Gary,- plz see 1st post (and my follow up posts).

I cannot get SCOPE v7 x64 (latest build for S|C server) to run on my machine.
(AsRock Z97Extreme6, i74790k, 32GB GSkill DDR3 RAM, Seasonic PSU, Samsung Pro SSD (SATA) for OS, programs, Samsung & Patriot NVMe M.2 SSDs for samples, another Samsung 850EVO for data like VST presets etc., WD Velocity Raptor SATA3 for recording.

Worked before w/ ASIO4ALL (256 samples/ 6ms roundtip) and Realtek onboard HD-audio.
I deinstalled ASIO4ALL and deactivated Realtek devices before I installed SCOPEv7.

I get no warnings nowhere in devicemanager and all is reported as to be ready and to work well.
MSinfo32 reports XITE-1 on IRQ#16 together w/ several other devices.
I replaced Pulsarconfig.pep to make XITE "master" for the time being, have S|C A16U connected which shows (green LEDs !) 44.1k and Z-Link on front panel.

When launching SCOPE,- I only get the message:

Exception
FreqText1 has no background

When I click o.k.,- my new project launches already.
It has Minimax and a MIDI monitor device together w/ STM24/48 and some I/O,- nothing to call home about.

Samplerate settings show [System] palegrey (!) 44.1KHz and golden/yellow "master" button,- but I can also switch between master and slave which alternately changes button colors (blue/yellow).

No MIDI In using XITE Din-Midi connector,- no audio out.

All the above is SCOPE standalone !

In addition,- in DAW apps, I can select SCOPE ASIO,- but no I/O channel selection possible in preferences of Reaper, Studio One, Reason or whatelse.

I installed MS Visual Studio redistributable x64 (and x86) beginning from 2008 ´til 2015_17_19 which is the latest.
Some of the older came w/ VST stuff and SCOPE anyway.
Latest .NETframework 4.7.2 and 4.8 too.

There are no problems w/ the machine, just only w/ SCOPE v7 x64 installation.

I installed and deinstalled twice meanwhile,- same results.

B.t.w., I recognized the the original PulsarConfig.pep file after installation has different size than the support files we can rename to make XITE-slave or master.
So, when it´s true XITE-1 is by default "slave" when SCOPE is installed for the 1st time,- that renamed "slave" file has different size too !!!
How comes ?

Bud
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

garyb wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:27 am SDK6?!!!

mixing different versions of Scope will not work. they all use different drivers. you must use SDK7 with v7, both use the same driver.

there is so much to see here, i cannot wrap my head around it, it's 7:30am.

depending on the version, Studio One may need to be used in win8 compatibility mode.

the exception appears to be a corrupted project.

o do not know of any email sent to me with these problems.
2019_05_30a-MailOut-Scope6-7_win7_64bit-problem
no problem gary.
my postings now deleted
prio1: Bud Weiser help!

knot loosened, thank you for your support
Last edited by Spielraum on Tue May 11, 2021 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
nebelfuerst

Post by nebelfuerst »

If I get this right, this machine never worked with scope before, as you used 5.1 on a different machine ?
Are you sure, there is no hardware issue ? Did you try different pcie-slots ?

Did you copy some 5.1 files to the location of 7 ?
( you can install them in parallel, but you have to exchange the driver in devicemanager before you start the other version)

Did you clean/disable all startup projects to get a empty scope started ?
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
spacef

Post by spacef »

it looks like you guys are really looking for problems by running all these different versions / drivers on the same PC :-)
and... what is the point/benefit of doing this ?
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

nebelfuerst wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:39 am If I get this right, this machine never worked with scope before, as you used 5.1 on a different machine ?
Yes.
SCOPE v7 is a fresh install on THIS machine.
nebelfuerst wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:39 am Are you sure, there is no hardware issue ?
Yes.
At least, I don´t see any ...
Normally device manager shows drivers not working.
It´s all well recognized and reported as "ready" and "working".
nebelfuerst wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:39 am Did you try different pcie-slots ?
No, up to now I didn´t.
I put the PCIe card in a slot not sharing bandwidth w/ M.2 NVMe x4 SSDs, ext. SATA and related onboard SATA ports.
It´s all well documented in the mobo´s manual.
In fact the PCIe card is sitting in one of the 3 graphic card slots,- now still working at x2 bandwidth/speed.
As I said above,- I can load projects quick and doing al kiond of stuff, but no MIDI In from XITE-1 MIDI input and no sound.

nebelfuerst wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:39 am Did you copy some 5.1 files to the location of 7 ?
( you can install them in parallel, but you have to exchange the driver in devicemanager before you start the other version)
Which and why ?
I´m talking about a fresh SCOPE v7.0 installation and actuially don´t have any optional, 3rd party or free devices, modules and s##t installed at all.

The message above comes already w/ the fresh installed SCOPE v7 "default project" which doesn´t load until I click o.k. once the message appeared.
When it´s up,- no MIDI (in MIDI monitor) and no audio out at all.

In Win7 audio device settings, I see XITE as standard audio device, but I don´t see any audio channels listed like I do p.ex. when a RME card is inserted (all the ADAT I/Os p.ex.)...
I created a project w/ 2 ASIO channels I/O and Z-Link A/B I/O.
S|C A16U syncs via Z-Link,- I see at the A16U´s frontpanel.
But no ASIO channels availabe to assign in DAW apps.
nebelfuerst wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:39 am Did you clean/disable all startup projects to get a empty scope started ?
Why ?
I launch SCOPE v7 and BEFORE any project loads, I´ll have to click [o.k.] when the cryptic message appears.
After that, any project loads,- but no MIDI, no sound.

I lose patience.
I better go back to 32Bit w/ SCOPE.
What I get here is a driver issue and I have no clue how to fix.
The PCIe card for XITE-1 is pretty well recognized in device manager and works.
If it didn´t, I got no project loaded.

B.t.w,,- in SCOPE environment w/ project loaded,- I don´t see any DSP load or Async percentage !!!
Zeros only !

Any idea ?

Bud
garyb

Post by garyb »

v7 works on those motherboards, usually.

something seems really broken with your setup, but i have no idea what that is.

you can't really see hardware problems with the XITE in Windows. Windows has NO IDEA what happens inside the XITE. either the driver is installed and working or it's not, but the XITE itself is not really involved in that, not specifically.

the XITE is not a soundcard. it's not controlled by Windows, so Windows and Windows apps cannot determine what i/o is working or not. all that is in Scope, which merely loads the dsps and provides a gui. apps SHOULD see ASIO. is that a newer version of Studio One? did you try using win8 compatibility mode for Studio One?

it's not a driver issue. i use v7 64bit all the time.

the fact that you see no dsp load and no ZLink or ADAT indicators in the samplerate and dsp windows is the real tell-tale sign. that XITE does not appear to be working. either, something in the Scope install is corrupted, or the project is corrupted, or the XITE has issues. do you have the correct power supply connected?
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:59 pm v7 works on those motherboards, usually.

something seems really broken with your setup, but i have no idea what that is.

you can't really see hardware problems with the XITE in Windows. Windows has NO IDEA what happens inside the XITE. either the driver is installed and working or it's not, but the XITE itself is not really involved in that, not specifically.
Yep,- what to do now ?
garyb wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:59 pm is that a newer version of Studio One? did you try using win8 compatibility mode for Studio One?
fugeddit,- because it happens w/ EVERY DAW app I own AND in SCOPE standalone mode.
The cryptic message appears when I launch SCOPE v7 and from there no MIDI/audio.
No other DAW app in the ballpark, no standalone VSTi or such.
garyb wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:59 pm it's not a driver issue. i use v7 64bit all the time.
Yes, I know others do too ... Dawman did p.ex. ... w/ the same mobo.
garyb wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:59 pm the fact that you see no dsp load and no ZLink or ADAT indicators in the samplerate and dsp windows is the real tell-tale sign. that XITE does not appear to be working. either, ...

something in the Scope install is corrupted,...
repeatedly ? I installed twice ...
garyb wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:59 pm or the project is corrupted, ...
the original "default" project AND my own 1st project,- both show the same issues.
garyb wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:59 pm or the XITE has issues. do you have the correct power supply connected?
It´s the original PSU which was in the box when I bought new.

XITE works in a way,- the driver would never been loaded when XITE-1 would not power up and the via Z-Link connected S|C A16U shows slave mode and 44.1K.
When I shut down PC and switch off XITE-1 and re-boot,- there´s no XITE-1 visible in device manager.
So, when it powers up and I see XITE-1 in device manager, it doesn´t indicate it works ?

What about PCIe card ?
Can it be the culprit ?

Can I uopload 2.345MB attachement here ?
I collected all the screenshots from system settings etc. ...
Would that help ?

Bud