Xite1 scope 7 VSTIM/XTC is it possible? How?

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

briank

Xite1 scope 7 VSTIM/XTC is it possible? How?

Post by briank »

Is it possible to use XITE1 scope v7 in XTC/VSTIM mode.? I have read a few things about this but I am not sure how to initiate this so I can utilize the scope plugins in my DAW similar to how UAD plugins are utilized..
Basically XTC mode...
If anyone has any information on this I would like to hear about it. Thanks
dante

Re: Xite1 scope 7 VSTIM/XTC is it possible? How?

Post by dante »

That’s how I’d like to use it as well but it was dropped a couple of versions ago. There was some workaround of renaming dev files to dll for a while but that won’t work now with XITE.
valis

Post by valis »

Doesn't work with XITE afaik, and it's 32bit only which is why it's not supported atm. GaryB/Holger have mentioned it being under development for Xite & Scope 7 still, but not as the highest priority.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

What is the highest priority? :)
valis

Post by valis »

bugfixes I think. Search for recent posts that use XTC (you'll have to search externally perhaps, I had to set the min search term size is 3 but frequency use is 5% or more to limit database size for the search as it was getting too large).

For instance querying DuckDuckGo with "site:forums.scopeusers.com XTC" and then limiting to the past 1 year gives the results I have linked here.
garyb

Post by garyb »

staying in business is the highest priority. :wink:

seriously, v7.1 is very close to complete, but it's always the last details....
dante

Post by dante »

valis wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:31 am bugfixes I think.
Well, since XTC used to work and it now doesn't, that could be classed as a 'bug'. If not from a developer point of view, certainly from an end user point of view.
garyb

Post by garyb »

no, it is not classified as a bug, even if people think they really should have it.

XTC mode has always been a bolt-on app for Scope. it was never intended for use in 64bit. ever. XTC development was halted in Scope v3 because of serious technical issues, and it was only still included as-is because some people liked it. for that reason(some people like it), development was restarted in v7.
dante

Post by dante »

To me a product is a product - I have no vested interest in how it’s carved up internally into bolt on vs core or even 64 vs 32 bit.

But it’s cool that they’re having another crack at it and appreciate their efforts. And would pay just for that one function in a new release.
at0m

Post by at0m »

dante wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:21 am Well, since XTC used to work and it now doesn't [...]
Not since you decided to "upgrade" to 64bits OS, it doesn't indeed. Never has.
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
dante

Post by dante »

at0m wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:37 pm
dante wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:21 am Well, since XTC used to work and it now doesn't [...]
Not since you decided to "upgrade" to 64bits OS, it doesn't indeed. Never has.
Of course you're right. I should not upgrade until everything has been made to work with 64 bit, and if that means some things never will, then I should never upgrade. Makes perfect sense.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

True dat! That's why I still have my PCI cards on a 32bit machine. Of course this is not on my DAW machine so I can sympathize with your angst.
Keep the faith my brother, just remember a famous line from one of my favorite movies:
"So you're telling me there's a chance"
dante

Post by dante »

Yes I still have my old i7 4790 with the 3 cards in it. But it’s the wifey’s downstairs office machine now. I will always upgrade to the latest and keep old stuff as collectors items.

I still have a nicely packaged version of the Creamware SPL Transient Designer about 5 times the size of the 3.25 inch install floppy disk. Price : $499 ! Can’t believe I paid that much for it back in the day ! It did have a nice graphic UI of the envelopes which the current version doesn’t have -but $499 ? Lol.
garyb

Post by garyb »

did you price the SPL hardware transient designer?
$499 was a good price.
dante

Post by dante »

Nope but I got the UAD one for less than half that. Under the 30% off sale they got right now its $139.30US. Was the H/W one available single channel ? I though it was 4 channels.
garyb

Post by garyb »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

if only the UAD version was anything like the hardware one. well, no matter.
dante

Post by dante »

Why what’s the difference ? Apart from 4 channels ? I’ve never had hardware version of any of this stuff. But I use it for exactly the same things I used the Scope version for - mainly sustain on Snare and Lead Guitar, and more rarely for attack on stuff.
garyb

Post by garyb »

nothing wrong with that.
dante

Post by dante »

Yeah but whats the diff between the H/W one & the plug ? I gather you've used the real one.

Does it do more or different from DET ? :

https://www.scopeusers.com/ScopeRise/is ... spl_td.htm
valis

Post by valis »

I think what he's saying is that emulations are an approximation of the hardware they model. For dynamics processors, this has proven to be one of the more difficult arenas to effectively model some of the nonlinearities of how a given circuit reacts to changes in the amplitude of a source signal. And by this I mean the sort of interactions that you're seeking with Harrison mixbus: the tonal characteristics that are imparted from a given dynamics processor AS it reacts to the signal impart as much to the final result as how they control the dynamics (changes in amplitude). Beyond that, I'll let GaryB speak for himself as that's simply my take on the matter.

Also, $499 was a good price back then. The context of where the market was at the time matters, prices then shouldn't be viewed in light of the current state of our market other than to illustrate the progression of our tools. And on that note we've gained a lot of accessibility and a vast swath of tools now exist. But with the market moving as swiftly as it can in the direction of Behringer owning and replicating vast swaths of the industry, and everyone else chasing pricing models that are currently being set on the mobile app store markets, what has been lost from then?

I might sound like a grumpy old man again, but the more we chase the bottom of the barrel, the more transient--if not disposable--things become. Both the products we use now AND the content we create with these products imho. Black boxes that don't do much only impress ignorant clients, but having something unique and with a certain quality or aesthetic that can't be found elsewhere still makes for an original and unique end result. If you didn't believe this you wouldn't be seeking something similar with Mixbus.