WING

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

netguyjoel

WING

Post by netguyjoel »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9emzmb ... YoFb4kEYWo
Mackie control, so anyone with the XITEd mixer from DAS/Ghost, this is a must have in my book
Joel
dawman

Re: WING

Post by dawman »

About time they showed it.
Impressive specs.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Really nice looking,, lots of flex. Seems very well thought out. Would love to own one but not too sure if I need it all.
I guess everyone is waiting on a price?
valis

Post by valis »

Think we know price. I saw ~$3500 MSRP? Can't validate the source though
spacef

Post by spacef »

it's 3000 € vat and delivery included. https://www.thomann.de/fr/behringer_wing.htm

Personally, I was thinking about getting an x touch mini...

funny and useful fact 1 wing = 71 X- touch minis :-D :-D
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
dawman

Post by dawman »

Or you could buy a Physis K4 mix with after touch, expression pedals, triple wheels, 4 x banks of 9 faders, 9 knobs, 9 buttons, in 4 scenes per performance.
Adding modulation lfo’s to reverb via aft live is cool.
MPE seems pretty cool. Now that I spent 30 years learning regular MIDI.
dante

Post by dante »

Good to hear from you ngj !
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

ok it's posted now: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... ital-mixer
$3500USD
I could buy 23 Motor 61's for that :lol:

dawman wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:49 am Or you could buy a Physis K4 mix with after touch, expression pedals, triple wheels, 4 x banks of 9 faders, 9 knobs, 9 buttons, in 4 scenes per performance.
Nice midi controller. Doesn't look like it's being sold in the US anymore. Where'd you buy yours?
dawman

Post by dawman »

Call Kraft ask for sales manager, one left for 1900.
All others have graded action shifty internal sounds and thousands more.
Those dogs don’t hunt.
Mine catches and field dresses....
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Well, not really in the market for that right now. Thanks though. Kind of doing the low end thing with the Motor 61 but dealing with crap gear tends to lead to high end when you get tired of it so maybe in the future. CP300 is still my main board but it is ageing so i have been eyeballing several worthy replacement candidates.
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

I'm waiting for some other studio guys to start using it and posting some results with Mackie Control. I'm also wondering if the expansion port on the XITE-1 could be adapted to AES50 or another protocol...hhhmmmm...
Joel
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

netguyjoel wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:27 pm I'm waiting for some other studio guys to start using it and posting some results with Mackie Control. I'm also wondering if the expansion port on the XITE-1 could be adapted to AES50 or another protocol...hhhmmmm...
Well,- the B.- WING looks great at 1st glance, but OTOH, I can also imagine there´s no need for another digital mixer when owning XITE-1,- in theory ... !
I occasionally read from phase issues between channels, insert FX slots, AUX-busses and whatever in SCOPE mixers,- but I myself never used that complex setups audio engineers for mixing/mastering use,- so I never really recognized these issues myself.
I have to say that at least some delay (counting in samples) in aux busses were never an issue for me.
I normally use reverb & delay on aux busses where the wet part usually is less then 40%, so when there´s some small delay in addition, I don´t care.
For the channel inserts, it might be different.
But also then, I wonder if there is a significant and audible difference w/ outboard digital mixers and compared to SCOPE mixers.
I can imagine other digital mixewrs might introduce similar artefacts too.

That said, I always was and still are a friend of QUALITY analog mixers !
But these toys are threatened with extinction, need too much room or don´t have enough input channels and/or are not necessary anymore for todays music customer´s demands .
It´s the same and meanwhile old story about tons of hi-end vintage gear and the file format where it ends ...
MP3 into earbuds !!!

Nonetheless, B.-Wing seems to be a good choice for the price which is right when reading my last line above,- but then it can be we don´t need XITE (mixers) anymore,- because XITE sounds too good for MP3 and earbuds.

modern times ...

:D

Bud
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

This thread should possible be moved into "off topic" because it doesn´t have much to do w/ XITE,- except "Wing" offers AES I/O to connect XITE.

But this is a nice and affordable mixer for about everything.

https://video2.thomann.de/vidiot/02591c ... 59vq8a.mp4

Excellent video !

The new "SC" connection, developed by KlarkTechnik,- running 32 audio channels incl. control data and phantom power over a single XLR cable, is tempting.
They also show a prototype 1HU 8x8 digital stage box w/ 2 of these "SC" (Stage Connect) connections,- so 4 of these can be daisy chained using standard XLR cable too.
At least for me, that´s ideal for hardware synth/rompler (or whatever) module racks to be connected to "Wing" by a single XLR audio cable.

DSP power is about 4x of the Midas 32 and later in the vid they show a circuit board carrying at least 4 Analog Devices SHARC chips.
Dual SD card/ dual controller recording/playback interface can be swapped out for in future available MADI and Dante cards.

:)

Bud
valis

Post by valis »

Concur, moved.
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

So, I have included the XITEd DAS mixer if anyone gets a Wing and wants to test the Mackie Control.
Attachments
Das Xited Mixer_M.zip
(648.96 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
Joel