20th Anniversary on PlanetZ

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

Warp69

Re: 20th Anniversary on PlanetZ

Post by Warp69 »

#pulsarmusic

A trip down memory lane. I believe most of us also were on a mailing list? [pulsar-scope] or something? Later it was [cwa3rdparty] & [cwabetagroup]
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

Good times. I left the scope platform In 2012 or so. But joined around 2001.
This forum was pretty amazing and still is.
I lurk here from time to time. I hope scope comes back and is continually being updated (using Mac). So many good memories with scope. And just the look of the triangular scope icon, that would spin around when the system was loading, gives me a nostalgia trip.
Scope was my youth to some extent. I was 19 in 2001 and was obsessed with making music. I have fond memories of that time. The first time being big time in love. Having lots of time on my hands and the future was open to all sorts of things. I used that system so much. Started out with a 2496 Luna box and a 3 dsp scope card. Later expanded with another 3x dsp card and eventually got a 15 dsp card.
Now it’s 2019 and I’m married with 2 kids and make a living by doing sound design and composing music for TV/computer games etc (even was Emmy nominated twice!).
Greatful for scope and all it allowed me to learn. I still love the modular approach to mixers etc and would love to use the system again if it was supported on Mac and the dev team was bigger.

Thanks everyone for keeping the forum alive.
Especially dawman (I sold him a 15 dsp card once) for keeping this a fun and positive place to be and garyb for the endless support.
Just logging in here and seeing the forum sends me back to the 2000 era and what I did back then.

Take care:)
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Great to hear your news the19thbear, and congrats on the Emmy nominations. And good to see old Scopers like yourself and Warp69 are still around. :)
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

Warp69 is danish like me and I found out earlier this year that his offices are a 5 min walk from where I live. He does the lexicon and other reverb Software clones now, that are pretty popular (forgot the company name).
brookesy

Post by brookesy »

It's called ReLab
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

Yeah. That’s it:)
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Wow, it's a small world sometimes. Did you guys meet up yet for a beer or two? Yes Warp69 is renowned for his reverb emulations and he created those brilliant SC Ambience and Plate devices and ReLab also did that amazing sounding UM-1280 device which is available as a free beta download, see http://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=34553 Would love for that to be completed one day, hint hint. :)

ReLab then switched to native plugins and released that incredible Lexicon 480 emulation a while back, and recently released an interesting plugin called SonSig which looks very cool although I haven't got around to trying it yet.

Anyway, great to see you guys still visit planetZ, and the19thbear its good to know that Scope played a part in getting you into the industry and I hope you get your Emmy soon :)
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

Hehe thanks:)
No we actually haven’t met yet. I wrote him and he said I was welcome any time. Might have to do that. I can always remind him of scope as well;)
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Oh that's cool, would be interesting I am sure, plus a good excuse for a few pints afterwards. :)

Anyway, cheers for now,and keep on truckin', as the saying goes :)
garyb

Post by garyb »

:)
Marco

Post by Marco »

1999, I have had no Internet. I was driving with my car to Walldorf where the local music Instrument dealer gave me Updates (I have had to bring some diskettes) for my tripledat and yes, he sold me my first pulsar II card :lol:

I still go there, but they do not sell any sonic core products, but they sell everything you can connect to the cards :D still interesting!
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
dawman

Post by dawman »

20 years ago I was using Gigastudio a B3/147 Leslie and a pair of Oberheims.
The Matrix 12 w/ XPander was bad ass.

Sold that gear and financed my Scope rigs for years to come.

Thankfully Native VSTis started catching up.
But still, no other protocol can touch Scope for Mixing with full real time automations.
UAD doesn’t even have MIDI for their plug ins much less that weak Console 2 Mixer.
RME Total Mix is a contradiction in terms.

Cheerz to all and 19th Bear and Warp69, it’s good to hear from yuze guys.
dante

Post by dante »

dawman wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:19 pm UAD doesn’t even have MIDI for their plug ins much less that weak Console 2 Mixer.
They do for me - in Reason. Console I agree.
MIDI Controlling the UAD2 Fender Tweed 55
MIDI Controlling the UAD2 Fender Tweed 55
MidiControlUADPlugInReason.gif (250.33 KiB) Viewed 6127 times
garyb

Post by garyb »

bet that amp doesn't sound as good as my Rat Fink.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Good to see they finally added a knob or two.
What about the mixer?
Any news what year they might get around to that?

Damn shame such high quality designs and sound, but no automations...
Until they break down and add MIDI I’m on the sideline.
dante

Post by dante »

Honestly, I would use Harrison as the mixer with a BCR or something, but I haven't found a way to connect MIDI to the UAD devices in Harrison. I think that may be a Reason only feature - one of the big advantages with Reason's VST implementation.

With UAD Console 2 you can emulate track by track analog sound, but Harrison circuit modeled the entire Harrison mixer. Then again UAD Console 2 has Unison technology - impedance matching etc - so that's pretty damn cool (although I haven't used it personally). But if MIDI control is a show stopper (which it is for many potential UA Apollo etc buyers) - then so be it !

Softube Console I is pretty much the only hands on h/w mixer for UAD stuff. I'm sorely tempted at $700 AUS - especially if it supports Unison tech - I could use it as a pre for my RODE etc. https://www.storedj.com.au/softube-cons ... gKa9PD_BwE But then again since I'm a mouser I might as well buyed an Arrow as a RODE pre for the same bucks.
garyb wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:26 am bet that amp doesn't sound as good as my Rat Fink.
Well Rat Fink is this century isn't it ? I use the Tweed coz I'm working on Classic ( pre 90's ) Rock remixing, so I want to get as close as possible to sounds of decades ago.
garyb

Post by garyb »

the Rat Fink does all that.
Lace ftw....
dante

Post by dante »

Cool when someone does a circuit & cab level emulation of it - it will be an insta-buy for my collection on your recommendation :P
garyb

Post by garyb »

Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

What´s so special w/ these ?

Here are 64 available for EUR 54.04 ...
3% off when paying w/ mastercard.
https://www.theraregent.com/index.php?m ... s_id=21667

:o

Bud