Best mobo and cpu combo

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

garyb

Re: Best mobo and cpu combo

Post by garyb »

it should work with v7.
you must disable hyperthreading and turbo.
@plonter

Post by @plonter »

Hi garyb

Alright :)

Will disable hyperthreading and turbo.
By disabling Turbo i will achieve static CPU clock this is a formula for audio use, can you please take this option 100% turbo for static CPU clock?
garyb

Post by garyb »

Turbo won't do anything for online audio. just disable it completely. there is no magic that will go beyond the cpu's physical limitations.

...or leave turbo on. if it makes no trouble, everything is good.
@plonter

Post by @plonter »

Ok cool.

i will sure keep updates for the stability of my Scope 7 with this Motherboard + "over this period of time had no........"

This post is truly Gold :)

Best,
@plonter

Post by @plonter »

Hi

Ok as for now Scope 7 see all 24 DSP

But i keep getting this message from Scope 7
PCI M.PNG
PCI M.PNG (9.78 KiB) Viewed 21593 times
DAW in use Cubase 10 pro

No other pci card on my Motherboard and using AGP for display adapter. Hyperthreading disabled turbo boost disabled !
Can anyone help, please ?

Thanks.
Best,
@plonter

Post by @plonter »

Hi

I can add 3 verbals

1 - This win10 installation came from my old system, i can easily install new system...but see how the two verbals came into place..

2 - Can it be possible that Nvme ssd take a high PCI bandwidth? and this is why i get this message?

3 - For now im testing a new installation of win 10 but on a SATA SSD, but no major vst plugins are installed! and the project is light, and i don't get the message! is vst load and PCI bandwidth related?
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

@plonter wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:47 am
2 - Can it be possible that Nvme ssd take a high PCI bandwidth? and this is why i get this message?
Yes, it´s POSSIBLE but doesn´t happen on every system.
WHEN you have the OS installed on p.ex. a NvME M.2 SSD, it might act as a PCIe bus hog because there´s traffic always.
A OS is a busy application.
@plonter wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:47 am 3 - For now im testing a new installation of win 10 but on a SATA SSD ... and i don't get the message! is vst load and PCI bandwidth related?
You´re on the right way IMO.
SATA SSD is fast enough for OS ...
Now use NvME M.2 for sample streaming.

:)

Bud
@plonter

Post by @plonter »

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Ok just made a fresh install of win10 on Nvme hdd and loaded same vst plugins to a project and no PCI bandwidth message :)

I left the project on loop for about 20 mintes and came back and he is playeing witout messages :)

Cross my fingers now.

What else can do to check stabelty ?
@plonter

Post by @plonter »

Hi

Please if anyone see this i must know :)

Now that i cleared some mess around my, screws drivers and HDDs :) i realized that i left the second STDM cable out, so at the moment my 3 PCI cards are connected with one STDM cable, from Lune to Pulsar 2 to Scope/Sp

Can it be a possibility that all my problem was the second STDM cable?
I followed v5 manual and it said this
STDM.PNG
STDM.PNG (10.6 KiB) Viewed 21541 times
edit, sorry if I wasn't clear on the second STDM.... At the moment all ok with one STDM cable.
astroman

Post by astroman »

I also had 3 cards connected by a single cable without problems for years.
The PCI bandwidth error is a different case:
the card has to access the PC's main memory for Asio streams etc, but also for data it cannot store locally, which applies to long delays and reverb in the first place. Reverb is the main PCI hog in Scope.
@plonter

Post by @plonter »

Hi

No metter what i do i keep receiving the PCI-Master-Overflow!

This is my Motherboard: Asus TUF H310-PLUS GAMING.

With CPU as a graphic adapter or with Nvidia card, with Nvme no Nvme or even with 2.5 SSD

for a day and half, everything was working great then i closed scope 7 reopen Scope 7 and got the message no hardware found after this i restarted my PC and this PCI-Master-Overflow came up and do not disappear :(

Any advice? maybe win 7 can do a better job?
@plonter

Post by @plonter »

Update, now that i take out the Scope/sp out of the system the message didn't appear!

Now this system compiled with 2 Luna cards and one Pulsar 2 card, why this 15 DSP card causing so much trouble?
All my new build around this Asus Motherboard was to have 3 PCI slots before i was working with a z390 motherboard with 2 Luna cards and one Pulsar 2 card for almost a year even with PCI to PCIe adapters and everything was fine...

I switched to this Asus board because the z390 with PCI to PCIe adapters also had problems with the Scope/sp card but a different kind, a message about Violations something!
@plonter

Post by @plonter »

Hi

Can it be that high asio port causing my PCI to overflow?

I have just lowered it to 32 from 64 and no message......
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

@plonter wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:01 am
Ok just made a fresh install of win10 on Nvme hdd ...
You obviously didn´t understand my post correctly.
It´s not matter of "NvMe",- it´s matter of M.2 ...
And,- a SSD is NOT a HDD !

So, is your SSD one w/ SATA-3 conector, or do you use a M.2 ???

Bud
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

@plonter wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:41 am Update, now that i take out the Scope/sp out of the system the message didn't appear!

Now this system compiled with 2 Luna cards and one Pulsar 2 card, why this 15 DSP card causing so much trouble?
All my new build around this Asus Motherboard was to have 3 PCI slots before i was working with a z390 motherboard with 2 Luna cards and one Pulsar 2 card for almost a year even with PCI to PCIe adapters and everything was fine...

I switched to this Asus board because the z390 with PCI to PCIe adapters also had problems with the Scope/sp card but a different kind, a message about Violations something!
When you choosed "outdated" Z97/socket 1150 technology,- all the discussion would be obsolete (IMO).
You own PCI cards from about 1999 or 2000+,- and NOW, you want to use the latest/greatest PC hardware w/ these cards ...
It´s not all matter of SCOPE software,- you have to accept that support of legacy PCI cards is more or less over.
That doesn´t mean S|C is the culprit,- but Microsoft and others moved on and don´t even know there are Creamware card legacy users.
And even they did, they won´t care !

And now, please don´t complain,- I myself own a 15DSP SCOPE card in addition to XITE.

But,- XITE is the way to go for future.
It´s not perfect up to now, but it will be the only S|C hardware product being supported for next future and until they will come up w/ another one.

Bud
@plonter

Post by @plonter »

Hi Bud

Sorry for my confusion,

Yes, the fresh install is on A NvMe SSD M.2, this was working for almost two days! as for now, i managed to set 3 cards again no change to the M.2 NvMe SSD, and no Overflow....at first of all one key change i made is lowered the ASIO to 32 ch!
BUT Now please see this :) from my reading in our forum :)

1 - As i understand there is some issues with 1st gen PCI card along with 2st gen.
And the key change taking is leading to 2...

2 - As i understand one of the PCI cards act as a Master, so a suggestion made to set a 2st gen as master in a mix if 1st gen + 2st gen, and a way to make sure is that the first card (2st gen) is first in the list of DSP count, so i did set Luna as the first one by changing PCI position to the one closer to the CPU and Pulsar 2 in the middle and in the end Scope/sp.

( only thing is that i get this form " Scope + Pulsar 2 + Luna" in the headline!
But at the DSP count is see Lune in first place, is luna a 2nd gen PCI card? i know for sure that Pulsar 2 is..

3 - Also read that a Device validation can cause PCI-Mastesr-Overflow, this is very close to my last PCI Overflow meaning i did add new Device and Scope 7 asked for a KEY...

4 - Plusar 2 is 2nd gen PCI card , Luna is ? , Scope/sp 15 DSP is ?

mmmm..... :)
You´re on the right way IMO.
am i ? :)
@plonter

Post by @plonter »

And sorry again z390....i meant z370....leave this aside, please. :)

+ Totaly get you about outdated, again sorry but this must work :) there is a way I'm sure, and getting closer.... with this H310 chipset.

Please read above this is more relevant,,,,:) even more relevant is that i have no reason not to go back to 4st gen intel CPU if necessary this Asus board is little investment money wish and i get to keep all my other parts..
@plonter

Post by @plonter »

Hi Bud

Can it be an option to work with Scope 5 and leave some of the problems?
i mean like old system old card or it absolutely relies on the hardware side?

Best,
garyb

Post by garyb »

a first generation card will ALWAYS reduce the available PCI bandwidth.
making one card the master will make no difference, except for latency.
@plonter

Post by @plonter »

Hi Gary

Thanks for clearing out master thing, i still got the question if Luna is the first generation?
And if Scope/sp 15 DSP is also the first generation?

This will help me focus on my stability...

+ From Scope 5 manual i can see that different Asio module double the number of channels used on the PCI, still can detriment which one From Scope 7 is only 24 bit so i can lower PCI bandwidth, in Scope 5 as i see in the Manual they are labeled, can you guide me Gary to Scope 7 Asio modules please ?

Thanks.