Scope 7

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

valis

Re: Scope 7

Post by valis »

Bud Weiser wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:25 am They prefer selling hardware synths now,- being based on SCOPE SDK b.t.w..
Which synths are you referring to exactly?

Workarounds do exist for STS, although that's a personal thing not an S|C thing. XP32, or there are actually quite a few free samplers now that will load AKAI etc sampler programs (though perhaps not STS).
brookesy

Post by brookesy »

Valis, why are you so defensive regarding Holger's ineptitude? Let's be honest here, three and a half years since the last update is very slow work. We are not expecting new tools here, just fixes for existing devices. Can you and Gary for once accept that things need to change. I'm expecting the old statement of 'there's only one guy doing this' etc
I won't fall for this next time that's for sure. I feel duped with the release literature of Scope 7. The resurgence of SCOPE, what a joke!
valis

Post by valis »

I mean, the obvious answer is that we're defending our turf and these are our forums, so sod off you! Ban hammer ensues and all that. Good on ya 'ole chap! You proved the power hungry admins are at it again!

Anyway, all that aside I'd say based on the emotional content present in your post, it makes sense you think I'm being defensive. Remove the emotional content from yours, and is there still content in my posts that an impartial observer would read as being 'defensive'? Or am I simply stating 'here's how things are, based on my current understanding' so a reasonable person can make a rational decision for themselves.

My cards have all failed now, and I'm on replacements sourced from the larger overall used Scope market. And as someone who is considering upgrading to an Xite so that I am a bit more protected from hardware failures due to age (at least for another 5-10+ years), then it's perhaps sensible that I do have an investment in seeing this platform continue to improve as well. And yet when it comes to what I *do* with the platform, I am simply a realist based on what is currently available, as with any tool. Make sense?
dante

Post by dante »

brookesy wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:32 am Valis, why are you so defensive regarding Holger's ineptitude? Let's be honest here, three and a half years since the last update is very slow work.
Ineptitude or financially responsible ? If there's no $$ in Scope, Holger has to work on other stuff to put bread on his family table. That's not ineptitude - its just economic reality.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Makes me miss Braincell… :cry:
valis

Post by valis »

Well, in a way Braincell was proven correct about native overtaking Scope. It only took 20 years :lol:
jeezs

Post by jeezs »

They could make it open source.
Although they may lost some software incomes they’ll sell lots more cards.
With the money earn they could split the code to make some parts private such as plugin store.
They’re a lots that can be done,,,
dante

Post by dante »

Like license thier synths to UAD for inclusion into Luna.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

valis wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:05 am
My cards have all failed now, and I'm on replacements sourced from the larger overall used Scope market.
Here´s a Pulsar II zLink ...
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... 2-225-7777

and another Pulsar ...
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... 5-172-4506

Luna II w/ Luna box for EUR 50,- ...
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... 78-74-9224

and a NOAH and 2 Minimax ASB on that page ...
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-mus ... ware/k0c74

:)

Bud
okantah

Post by okantah »

Viva scope viva scope
scope for life
garyb

Post by garyb »

jeezs wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:53 pm They could make it open source.
With the money earn they could split the code to make some parts private such as plugin store.
SC doesn't sell cards.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I’ve been patient as I wait for Zebra 3.
It’s been 13 years to fix bugs so using Zebra 2 will have to do. I just work around the inconveniences.

I still don’t know what’s wrong w/ Scope. I record, automate FX and mixing, actually recall every aspect and detail I need with screensets.

I don’t why people complain about Zebra either. Works great for me, I don’t even care about Zebra 3.

I sympathize for those who get frustrated and struggle, hopefully perfection will be attained in time.
GordonGekko

Post by GordonGekko »

Funny how a creamware search on eBay always return zillion pages of ugly pottery
valis

Post by valis »

Bud Weiser wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:46 am
valis wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:05 am
My cards have all failed now, and I'm on replacements sourced from the larger overall used Scope market.
Here´s a Pulsar II zLink ...
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... 2-225-7777

and another Pulsar ...
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... 5-172-4506

Luna II w/ Luna box for EUR 50,- ...
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... 78-74-9224

and a NOAH and 2 Minimax ASB on that page ...
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-mus ... ware/k0c74

Bud
Yes, I have been lucky enough to get my replacement cards for a very good price. Btw I'm USA here...there's usually 1-2 on ebay and/or reverb but using our forums is also thankfully a path as well.

In any case, I shall defer this thread back to its original aim.
dawman

Post by dawman »

valis wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:22 pm Well, in a way Braincell was proven correct about native overtaking Scope. It only took 20 years :lol:
Not from my perspective.
There is NO automated VST mixer, plenty of mixers, which can be automated I suppose by endless automation lanes in a DAW.

But I’m talking real time, immediate and precise mixing totally glitch free.

Even UADs “killer mixers” have no multiple/collapsible views or MIDI CC automations.

So sure, 20 year old synths and FX have loads of better synth emulations now but Native is still without real time automatable mixers.

Even if somebody finally broke down and made one it would not be bug free.
My RoyT/SpaceF and STM mixers are flawless, 100%.
valis

Post by valis »

Rain on my parade of sarcasm, why don't you? And of course I agree, there's not much out there that can replace my Scope cards even in my workspace. And certainly nothing that exists in a single product, not even from Ulli :)
jeezs

Post by jeezs »

garyb wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:10 am
SC doesn't sell cards.
Didn’t know.
Do you know who sell Xite cards?
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

jeezs wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:02 pm
SC doesn't sell cards.
Didn’t know.
XITE isn´t considered to be a card even it´s connected via PCIe card/ PCIexpresscard to a computer.
S|C usually sells XITE-1D and XITE-1 via their shop.

When talking about "cards" here, that´s the Creamware and S|C PCI cards which are discontinued since some time now.

Bud
dante

Post by dante »

jeezs wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:02 pm
SC doesn't sell cards.
Didn’t know.
S|C sell the XITE - with an interface card. But the card is for communication only - no standalone Scope DSP cards are being made any more. Open source - not sure that would work, one would still need an SDK and the expertise that's required to use it, and anyone with those sorts of talents have already carved out their niche and moved on (Ocean Swift, DNa etc...) ... maybe with the exception of SpaceF whose still creating
valis

Post by valis »

In other words, the PCI cards are a legacy product and the fact that we're getting updates after 20+ years is generally perceived as a good thing. The Xite system is the current commercial offering, and we're benefitting from the fact the development still works across both products. Xite users do have some bugs that seem to be higher priority (like BNC) but overall again, from a productivity viewpoint we must deal with things as they are even while working to resolve outstanding issues.