BC Mod IV Dynamic Mixer CC Save Test

Patch files for the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

yayajohn

BC Mod IV Dynamic Mixer CC Save Test

Post by yayajohn »

I've put this together with successful results based on the topic about the STM2448 not saving MIDI CC presets. I know this does not excuse the fact that there is an existing but that really should be fixed but right now things are what they are.
I have run my midi thru my DAW, you can certainly run your midi controller data right in the the Modular shell if you want and modify the module as you see fit.
Thanks a bunch to djmicron for the modular Dynamic mixer and Simon for the BC mod stuff. Maybe this will generate some more interest in that stuff.

btw this might have been done a long time ago but it was good to get back into the modular realm and practice again. Hopefully someone will make some use out of it.
Attachments
Dynamic CC TEST.zip
(860.4 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
BC Mod IV MIDI CC SAVE.PNG
BC Mod IV MIDI CC SAVE.PNG (277.06 KiB) Viewed 7557 times
yayajohn

Re: BC Mod IV Dynamic Mixer CC Save Test

Post by yayajohn »

Faders 1-8 are CC#17-24. Right click on the others to assign or change to your particular controller.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Love his mixer shells.
Wish he would do the STM 2448 like that.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

lol. yeah I think he did talk about that but the complexity was too much to program and probably redundant in the modular world.
If all you are looking at doing is using a midi controller and want to see the faders move then this will do that but you will have to get creative with the routing in order to achieve the complexity of a big mixer (as you know of course) and I think that is what scares people off. Seems to me the are only a handful of guys here like you and Jopo and such that really utilize the modular to it's fullest extent. Unfortunately for me my project needs are very simple and I have tons of extra routing and tons of extra Xite juice unless I really load up the synths. Maybe someday I will actually finish something. :wink:

Dan
dawman

Post by dawman »

Imagine nothing but the BCM Shell and a 16 channel 4 AUX / 4 BUS Mixer Shell.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

That would be pretty awesome. Low on DSP juice and an endless amount of routing and expansion options at you fingertips. I've experimented with some BC and CWM modular mix patches but things can get pretty messy and complicated quickly. Then you don't use it for a month or two and you forget how you rigged it up and have to trace everything to re-learn what you did haha.
Maybe we could talk Roy into wiring some of his bigger mixers into the modular :D