Recent Windows Update Patch Screws Win 7

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

ronnie

Recent Windows Update Patch Screws Win 7

Post by ronnie »

Got an endless reboot loop yet? What to do?

1. If you are not using Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2, you can relax, because this shouldn't affect you.
2. If you have both KB3033929 and KB3035131 installed and are not having problems, you can relax, but make sure that both updates are shown as correctly installed.
3. If you haven't patched yet, make sure you apply KB 3035131 first, or let Windows make all the update decisions for you.
4. If you already installed the wrong way round, you will need to roll back and start again.

Here's the scoop:

http://goo.gl/E3D8SU
tlaskows

Re: Recent Windows Update Patch Screws Win 7

Post by tlaskows »

Hmm,

I think my Windows 7 updated itself yesterday. It's working fine. I hate the automatic updates, cause they always shut down Scope. I always keep my PC on.

-Tom
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

thanks for the heads up. That's one reason why I am never in a rush to windows update and NEVER allow auto updates of anything since they exel at timely interruptions.
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

yayajohn,

is there a real way to turn them off? I think I've tried many times and they keep turning back on!

Thanks,

-Tom
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

This is the best I can come up with. Works most of the time... seems like really ïmportant" ones get done automatically anyway no matter what the setting. :x

http://goo.gl/rzkRi5
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Man, I hate Windows. I wish there was Scope for OS X. I would buy it right away :( Probably not gonna happen...

-Tom
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

The whole max osx vs. pc is a wasteful argument. mac does updates too. and far more forceably than windows. At least in windows I can kill the autoupdate process, and there is 0 hits to my network for updates.

I also disable all the other updaters, like java, google chrome, network time sync, uPNP/DLNA, etc that would hit any platform they are installed/enabled on.
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

jksuperstar wrote:I also disable all the other updaters, like java, google chrome, network time sync, uPNP/DLNA, etc that would hit any platform they are installed/enabled on.
True enough for audio on any platform. All these automatic up-daters can cause nasty and sudden surprises when you least expect it. Heck, I don't even allow plastic bottles in the studio anymore... at the worst possible moment they "unsqueeze" with a nasty snap or pop that sends a reflexive panic through my nerves. They sound just like your worst nightmare.
hubird

Post by hubird »

haha, I know it from beer cans...PÉNG!.
Sometimes it's indeed an attack to the nerves, specially at night with low volumes and a bad conscience :D

Yesterday I allowed for a 'security' update of OSX. Really painless.
Biggest misser of Creamware/S/C not offering OSX support. Period.
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Then someone pls tell me how to stop Windows 7 from rebooting itself every week or two! Is there a way? I never want it to reboot. My MacBook at least asks if it wants to reboot.

Thanks,

-Tom
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Found it! Hope it works...

First, open the Local Group Policy Editor. Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog, type gpedit.msc into the dialog box, and press Enter to open it. In the right pane, double-click the “No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic update installations” setting.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

To disable the updates before they install or even try a reboot on you (so, you'll need to check for updates manually):
http://en.kioskea.net/faq/15286-windows ... ows-update

Alternatively, you can control much of the behavior of Windows Updates from the Control Panel:
Control Panel -> Windows Update -> Change settings

Select "Never check for updates",
Then:
check "Give me recommended updates the same way...."
clear the other three select boxes below that.
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Thanks, I will do that.

The updates don't bother me, but I want to be able to do it manually when I feel like it.

Scope PCI wouldn't work in an older Mac Pro anyways, cause I don't think they have PCI slots. That's what a Hackintosh is for :D

Cheers,

-Tom
rahim

Post by rahim »

Hallo everyone updates for Windows 7 SP1 are still available. This means that if you install Windows 7, it will be able to bring itself up-to-date by running Windows Update.. coc mod Apk
ervinjason

Post by ervinjason »

The whole max osx vs. pc is a wasteful argument. mac does updates too. and far more forceably than windows.

At least in windows I can kill the autoupdate process, and there is 0 hits to my network for updates.

I also disable all the other updaters, like java, google chrome, network time sync, uPNP/DLNA, etc that would hit any platform they are installed/enabled on.
first professional motion design app bringing you professional-quality animation. download apk file here.
Stephen21

Post by Stephen21 »

rahim wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:35 am Hallo everyone updates for Windows 7 SP1 are still available. This means that if you install Windows 7, it will be able to bring itself up-to-date by running Windows Update.. coc mod Apk
No, there isn't. WIn 7 is EoL in Jan 2022 and it will receive no security updates. Master Royale Infinity Download
garyb

Post by garyb »

as long as the box doesn't have to surf the internet, you don't need updates.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Stephen21 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:00 am WIn 7 is EoL in Jan 2022 and it will receive no security updates. Master Royale Infinity Download
I received some Win updates for Win7 SP1 64Bit still this year.
I have NI Komplete 12 UCE on the machine and have to launch Native Access occasionally.
Once I´m connected to the web, upodates come, but these became more and more rare meanwhile.
The last 2 updates were for Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT).

:)

Bud
astroman

Post by astroman »

I don‘t think a freshly installed Win7 SP1 can be auto-updated successfully... for the sheer amount of patches.
The german computer mag „Chip“ has an update package driven by a monster script for that purpose (free download).
It’s several GB in size and takes 4 to 6 hours to do it‘s job. :o
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

https://winfuture.de/UpdatePack

Winfuture.de has great update packs.
Install Win 7 (Pro) x86 or x64, install the basic update pack and then the latest "full" version including everything missing in the basic.
Then continue w/ Runtimes and drivers.
I always install old OS using these and never got a problem.
They also offer AIO (All in One) Runtimes pack.

I downloaded and stored everything for Win XP SP3, Win7 Pro SP1 as also installed my 2 Win 10 machines that way.
It´s much faster anyway compared to slow Microsoft update downloads and installation processes.

Bud