Memora in Noah Ex

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

grobian

Memora in Noah Ex

Post by grobian »

I have problems with the ex noah in connection with the software.
every time I start the Noah in connection with the software, the memory decreases in Noah to 3 Kb
When the memory is empty crashes the Noah and I must flashed new.
wayne

Re: Memora in Noah Ex

Post by wayne »

Hi grobian - I'm no tech guy by a long way, and I've not heard of this previously - but have you tried a different/unshared usb port? It doesn't happen using Noah standalone?
Eanna

Re: Memora in Noah Ex

Post by Eanna »

Make sure your device and preset files aren't duplicated in the software installation... and that you've no oxe installer files lying around.

Are you looking at the memory on the hardware? And seeing it drop once you connect the hardware to the software?
There's an Optimise option in the hardware menu - never seemed to make any difference to me, but, might be worth something?

Bit of a black art is getting a Noah back running healthy after a reflash. If anyone has any definitive directions, it'd be a useful post, as there are quite a few Noah's still on the scene afaik...

Does reflashing with just the default DMP file work? Do the problems after the reflashing start to happen after you attempt to add the other synths, like the Prodyssey and Profit?

What exactly are the symptoms of the Noah crashing? Does it behave unusually, or does lock up with an empty screen? Do you have to switch it off at the back at that point?
(I ask these last questions like I know what difference your answer will make! Maybe others might tho..)
Not because it is easy, but because it is hard...