Serious help needed for my ASB Minimax Please somebody !!!

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

dabornair

Serious help needed for my ASB Minimax Please somebody !!!

Post by dabornair »

Hi everyone

First of all I would like to say that I'm a french dude from Montreal so I will try my best to explain my situation. :)

Here is my story

I have a Creamware Minimax ASB synth, and I've made a mistake updating the firmware (MINIMAX_ASB_OS_2_00.ldr) without entering the correct and non generic activation key code.

Like many other user:

http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=29148

http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=29751

http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=30216

So I have received a serial key code from Sonic Core to update the firmware with my current Macbook Pro but an error occurred ( Failed to create a temporary file name (error 13 : Permission denied) and was not able to perform the update.

So after this I have tried with my older Mac G3 PPC mac OS 10.4, the writing is completed but It the same E1 error code is showing when I power on.

I also tried with PC computer Window 7 Windows XP but the same thing happen. windows 7 the same error occurred (an error occurred ( Failed to create a temporary file name ) and Windows XP the writing is completed but It the same E1 error code is showing when I power on.

I wonder if my code is good and what I am doing wrong. I was thinking to open the Synth and remove the battery memory to hard reset the device.

Could someone with a big heart help me, !!??

Please

I know that Ralf was the man for this but he doesn't work at SC anymore.

my last option could be to manually insert a new Eprom with the OS on it.
kristianhill

Re: Serious help needed for my ASB Minimax Please somebody !

Post by kristianhill »

Yes, therese same skit happened to me. Use the klangbox updater from a pc. It solved my problem. Osx and the pro12 updater is useless imho.

Kris
garyb

Post by garyb »

do you know how long ago that stuff was written?
it was written by Creamware years ago. Sonic|Core only provides the files as a goodwill service. they have nothing to do with those products at this point.

don't dispair though. the problem is that those osx updaters were written for osx 10.1, 10.2 at the latest. they just don't work on the newer os. use a windows machine.
dabornair

Post by dabornair »

Hey everybody

I just got a new key (thank you to SC)

and I have succeded with a old mac g3 PPC Mac OS 10.4 and it work

Now I can use the Minimax with my set-up, just need to figure out how to request Sysex midi dump without the software editor..!?

Peace out