Scope Pro & Computer Towers

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

fraz

Scope Pro & Computer Towers

Post by fraz »

Hi there,

I've got this Scope Pro card which I haven't used yet cos I've been using P2+PS.

I do wish to use it soon and was looking at my Dell Vostro 410 tower to put it in. The case isn't big enough inside (I don't think) - This PC has Vista on so I can use the new-ish Scope 5 software but no room inside the Vostro which isn't a small case.

The other two cards will fit in.....

what towers do you folks have for Scope Pro boards???

I can use V5 SFP with Power Sampler and Pulsar 2 can't I? EDIT: Sonic Core webpages: download V5 SFP for XP, VISTA and Windows 7.... :lol:

To note: I do have a 4U rack PC (XP Home) but could upgrade to Windows 7 to use V5 SFP and put all 3 boards together...
Andy_F

Re: Scope Pro & Computer Towers

Post by Andy_F »

Ive got one of these Antec Cases..

http://www.xsreviews.co.uk/reviews/cases/antec-p182/3

You wont have any problems fitting a Scope Pro or any other full length pci card in there (with that middle HDD cage removed)

But its worth noting that my particular setup will only allow for 2 of my 3 pci slots to house a long card. The 3rd pci slot on my motherboard (Intel DP35) is right at the bottom, so part of the cases framework is in the way.

I also remember looking at some cases from Silverstone which had room for these cards.
valis

Re: Scope Pro & Computer Towers

Post by valis »

I had considered that Antec P182 on my last build for the cost advantage + integrated PSU but ultimately stuck with PC Power&Cooling (now made by OCZ but hasn't seemed to change their quality) and going with a Lian Li case frame again with custom chosen innards/sides/backplates etc. Unsurprisingly, I normally use Lian Li full towers (and some mid towers.) I choose them because I like their modular nature (can get different drive bays and backplates etc) and the upper tier models are very solidly built which make them easier to silence (imo). "Official" Lian Li shops will tend to stock a variety of parts that you can mix & match (I use performance-pc's.com ) and can often cut additional cooling/enlarge cooling holes and even help make clearance for larger cards.

For many popular case models you can check reviews or even the sites for the clearance for the drive bay or brackets, as it's usually listed so graphics card owners can check. Avoid the reviews that just say "my GTX480 fit!"...